East Hampton is a town on Long Island in New York. It includes the hamlets of Montauk, Amagansett, Wainscott, Napeague and Springs.
You can drive the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway from New York City to get to East Hampton.
MacArthur Airport: This is the only reasonably close airport nearby. It serves flights nationwide, and is about 70 minutes away.
Ferries travel from Orient to New London. It takes about 75 minutes to cross the Long Island Sound.
The Long Island Rail Road connects Manhattan with East Hampton. Tickets are from 18 to 25 dollars.
The Hampton Jitney is a bus line that travels from Manhattan to East Hampton and other destinations on the North Fork and South Fork. Tickets are $30 each way ($53 round trip); reservations are not required, but recommended.
Trains travel from village to village, along with Suffolk County Transit buses.
- State Parks
- Amsterdam Beach State Park
- Camp Hero State Park
- Hither Hills State Park 50 South Fairview Avenue, Montauk, NY (631) 668-2554. Camping (April to mid-November), beach access and natural areas. 
- Montauk Downs State Park
- Montauk Point State Park
- Napeague State Park
- Sag Harbor State Golf Course
- Shadmoor State Park
- Cedar Point County Park
- Theodore Roosevelt County Park
- The Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, 32 Star Island Road, Montauk, 888-MYC-8668 . Has long been a destination for visitors to the shores of Long Island's South Fork East End.
- The Mill House Inn, 31 North Main Street, East Hampton, NY 11937, ☎ (631) 324-9766, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 11 AM. A gracious Inn in the heart of historic East Hampton Village with beautiful rooms, spectacular child and dog friendly suites, and the best breakfast in the Hamptons. Named in Zagat’s "Top 50 Small Hotels." $240 - $1225. (40.9661446,-72.1837463)