Dziekanowice (pronounced as Dzyekhanovitse) is a small village in Greater Poland, in Poland, appr 16 km westwards of Gniezno and 40 km eastwards of Poznan, about 2 km north of the train line and road linking two mentioned cities and just next to Ostrow Lednicki. The village is on the area of Lednicki Landscape Park.
The most important attraction in the place is the Greater Poland Ethnographical Park - a big open-air museum, one of the biggest in Europe. It presents village buildings from all over the region, mostly timber ones, from the XVIIIth and XIXth centuries. The museum, existing since 1982 (however formally established 7 years before) occupies the area of 20 hectares and presents more than 60 buildings (the final plans include 10 more). The surrounding also keeps rural character : numerous gardens, orchards, cattle pens, stockyards. The whole museum is divede in three parts : village, court and grange.
The sightseeing takes usually between 1hour30 and 2 hours. It's the best to start the tour in the village, than stroll to thw wind-mills, and from the passing by a chapel to the court the the village of Studzieniec. On the way some other attractions : the original XVIIIth-centrury equippment of an old smithy, interiors of a peasant's house, a hill with a magnificernt view over the Lednickie Lake.
Tickets : the mjuseum is open from earky spiring (in 2009 from February 15th) till autums (in 2009 till the end of October). A ticket for the Ethnographical Park costs 8 zloty (reduced : 4), but a combined ticket from the museum and form [[Ostrow Lednicki}] : 12 and 6 respactively.
In the vicinity :
- Alexandra Restaurant, 6, Radosna str., 62-010 Pobiedziska, Phone : +48 61 815 22 80, , mailto:email@example.com.
- Frąckowiak Restaurant, 62-260 Łubowo 15c, Phone : +48 601 575 228, .
And the snack-bars in the area of archeological Ostrow Lecnicki
- Hotel Alexandra ***, 6, Radosna str., 62-010 Pobiedziska, Phone : +48 61 815 22 80, , mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. A good location in a small, interesting, well-equipped rooms.
- Motel Frąckowiak, 62-260 Łubowo 15c, Phone :+48 601 575 228, . 24 beds in a motel located just next to main road nr 5. Maybe it is not a place for a few-day rest, but seem to be perfect for one night.
- Dworek nad Lednicą - Rybitwy 7, 62-261 Lednogóra, Phone : +48 61 427 48 03, mailto:email@example.com. 10 beds just next to the Lednica Lake with a view over the Island, eqipped kitchen for guests, parking, boat and kayak rental.
- Agroturystyka Barbara Czerniawska, Rybitwy 5/1, 62-261 Lednogóra, Phone : +48 61 427 48 07, , mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. 7 beds, as well next to the lake, angling, bike tours, bon-fires.
- "U Małgosi" Małgorzata Czerniawska, Rybitwy 5a, 62-261 Lednogóra, Phone : +48 61 427 49 90, . 12 beds, full-board on request (including eco-food), a place for grill, bon-fire, parking
- Agroturystyka Teresa i Witold Robakowscy, Sławno 56, 62-265 Sławno k/Gniezna, Phone : +48 61 427 71 95, , mailto:email@example.com. 11 beds, a place for a grill and bon-fire, a pond, home cooking, unlimited fruit (in season).
- Rybakówka Sylwia i Marcin Król, Sławno 70A, 62-280 Kiszkowo, ul. Kościelna 11, Phone : +48 61 427 73 36. 4 big rooms with a private bathroom, kitchen for guests, cable TV, a priveta lake with angling oppportunities, a place for a bon-fire, bikes, fish smokieng.
- Zacisze Lednickie, Lednogóra 44, 62-261 Lednogóra, tel : 0502 971 251, . 200metres from the lake, 5 rooms, full-quipped kitchen, a place for a bon-fire.
- Agroturystyka "Pod wierzbami" - 62-261 Lednogóra 43, Phone : +48 61 427 48 24
- Agroturystyka MAT MAR - Walkszewo 12, Kłecko. 2 full-equipped flats and one small timber house.
- Agroturystyka Alicja Godawa - Przyborowo 2, 62-260 Łubowo, Phone : +48 61 427 54 15 or +48 602 138 941. Rooms in an old Haulender-house (settler from the Netherlands from XVIth cent).
Interesting objects in the vicinity :
- Ostrow Lednicki - remnants of the dukal palace from IInd halt of Xth century with a baptism bowl, chapel and 9-m high ramparts
- the Fish-Gate (a fish as a symbol of the firt christians in Ist cent AC), where every year in May-June a large youth meeting run by the Dominicans from the Poznan monastery are organised
- timber churches in Weglewo and Lubowo