Druskininkai is an official resort in Lithuania since 20 Jun 1794 when King Stanisław August Poniatowski declared it as a sanative area.
The name comes from the Lithuanian word druska which means salt. There are 12 mineral springs, which water is used for balneologic procedures and drinking. Spa mud baths, applications and tampons are prepared from the peat extracted at Didžiasalis peatland in the neighboring district. The resort climate is another positive health factor, it is characterized by a high level of air ionization (-0.63), gentle and warm microclimate (average low temperature in winter about -6°C, average high temperature in summer about +20°C, relative humidity 70%, prevailing SW winds with an average speed of 2 m/s). Special feature of the resort is its air enriched with phytoncides of surrounding vast pine forests that have a significant impact on a successful course of treatments. There are 8 spa/rehabilitation centers and 2 spa centres within the Druskininkai Aquapark complex.
- Druskininkai Tourism and Business Information Centre, Gardino St 3, LT-66204 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 60800, 60803 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 52984). M-Fr 08:30-17:15. .
- Druskininkai Tourism and Business Information Centre, Čiurlionis St 65, LT-66204 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 51777 (email@example.com). M-Su 10:00-18:45.
For more information, contact the listing above.
Regular buses from Vilnius and Kaunas are the way of getting here with the ticket setting you back in the region of 20-30 LTL. There is no railway line to Druskininkai. The one can be seen on the older maps has been abolished.
Basicaly there are two companies operating on Vilnius-Druskininkai and Kaunas-Druskininkai routes: Kautra  and Druskininkų AP  (Druskininkai Bus Fleet).
Both Vilnius and Kaunas buses take approximately 2.5 hr and depart every 1-2 hr between 05:30 and 19:00.
- Forest Museum ‘Girios Aidas’, M. K. Čiurlionio St 102, ☎ +370 313 53901. Wednesday to Saturday 10:00-18:00. The museum was established in 1971. It has expositions of animals and birds. Witches and other legendary characters are hiding in the hollows of oaks, birds are singing and the forest sighs. The following exhibitions are organized: wood art works, jewelry works from amber, black ceramics works, works of folk artists, expositions of photographic masters, ethno cultural collections.
- The Town Museum of Druskininkai, M. K. Čiurlionis St 59, ☎ +370 313 51024 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Monday to Saturday 11:00-5:00. Expositions: "A collection donated by the honory citizen of Druskininkai Petras Viščinis"; "19th century Druskininkai in the artwork of Vasilijus von Rothkirch"; "First doctors of Druskininkai"; "Interwar Druskininkai". The representational villa "Linksma" build in the beginning of 20th century, where the Town Museum is located, is a beautiful architectural monument located on the shores of the Druskonis lake, in the centre of the town. Since 2001, the museum ha a permanent exposition, hosts events, shows, chamber music concerts and lectures. During the holiday season, the museum terrace hosts the traditional concerts "Serenades of Druskininkai" (“Druskininkų serenados”) and other town events.
- Jewish Museum in Memoriam of J. Lipchitz, Šv. Jokūbo St 17, ☎ +370 313 56077. Tu-Th 12:00-17:00. It is an exposition about one of the most famous 20th century sculptor J. Lipchitz (1891–1973).
- The Memorial Museum of M.K. Čiurlionis, 35 M. K. Čiurlionio St, LT-66164, Druskininkai., ☎ +370-313 52755, +370-313 51131 (MKCmemorialm@takas.lt, fax: +370-313 52755). Tu-Su 11:00-17:00. Museum's collection: The museum contains a memorial exhibition illustrating M. K. Ciurlionis' biography and photographs, documents, reproductions of the artist's works, as well as a collection of works dedicated to M. K. Čiurlionis by contemporary artists from different countries. Exposition: Authentic living atmosphere of the artists' family is restored in two little houses of Ciurlioniai family, expositions reflecting painter and composer M. K. Ciurlionis' (1875-1911) creative work, biography and family life is arranged in the other two buildings. Museum keeps contemporary painters' collections of works devoted to M. K. Ciurlionis.
- V. K. Jonynas’ Gallery, M. K. Čiurlionio St 41, ☎ +370 313 55553. Tu-Su 11:00-17:00. The gallery was founded in 1993. The gallery exhibits the works of the Lithuanian artist Vytautas Kazimieras Jonynas (1907-1997), who worked for a long time in Germany and the USA, his drawings, graphics, paintings and stained-glass projects. Photographs and films show the most valuable interiors of churches and works of monumental architecture created by the artist. The excursions are organized in Lithuanian, English, Russian, Estonian and Finnish.The gallery hosts art exhibitions from the National Museum of M.K. Čiurlionis and private collections. For schoolchildren and kindergarteners art lessons are organised in the gallery which has 15 easels. Also projects with V.K Jonynas art school are organised. The gallery hosts traditional events – chamber music concerts, commemorations, meetings with painters, educational events and lectures on art.
- Museum ‘Grūto Parkas’, Grūtas, LT-4690 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 55511 (email@example.com, fax: +370 313 47451), . M-Su 09:00-20:00. In the shadows of pine and fir trees, soviet monuments which were dismantled in 1989 are exhibited. This is a heritage of several decades of the Lithuanian monumental art. These idols were forced on the Lithuanian people in tragic soviet era and reveal the historic truth about the soviet occupation of Lithuania. The exposition aims to show to the people of Lithuania, visiting guests as well as to the future generations, the naked soviet ideology, which oppressed and violated the spirit of our nation for several decades. Price for adult 20 LTL.
- Spa Vilnius SANA K. Dineikos St 1, ☎ +370 313 53811 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 59059). Spa Vilnius SANA is situated in the very center of Druskininkai, on the edge of Recreation Park created by professor K. Dineika. Offers various spa wellness packages: wellness package "Мom and baby", individual wellness package, package "Tranquil Rest", Detox and weight control package, Individual Treatment package, spa packages for children and many more. The center's eight-storey hotel, featuring functional Scandinavian style, has 177 rooms (pets are not allowed), conference centre with 10 modern, technologically equipped, different-size halls with professional technical equipment and the capacity of 900 people.
- Sanatorium Draugystė (Draugystės sanatorija) V. Krėvė St 7, LT-66126 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 53132 (email@example.com, fax: +370 313 53118). Friendship is the name of this medical spa, founded in 1962, located in the eastern part of Druskininkai at the confluence of the rivers Nemunas and Ratnyčėlė. Cultural and welfare facilities: for patients under treatment the individually balanced diet, vegetarian or usual food, if necessary a diet treatment according to the need of nutrients are prescribed in our spa hotel. Provides the adult outpatient Rehabilitation I services: impairments of musculoskeletal system, circulatory system diseases, respiratory system diseases, digestion system diseases, ionizing radiation diseases; inpatient and outpatient Rehabilitation II services: nervous system diseases, impairments of musculoskeletal system, circulatory system diseases, respiratory system diseases, digestion system diseases; supportive rehabilitation. Offers ultrasound, compression, magnet, low-power laser therapy, kinesitherapy, ayurvedic massage, treatments for body and soul harmony. Standard packages of treatment and packages “treatment – all inclusive”
- Grand Spa Lietuva V. Kudirkos St 45, LT-66120 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 52414, reservation + 370 313 51200 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 55490). One of the largest and most up-to-date treatment centres in the Baltic States which has its own mineral water spring. Provides 110 services and special medical procedures, has a diagnostic and dental clinics, the water park, two hotels, the conference centre, the Sūkurys Leisure Club, a restaurant and café chain.
- Sanatorium Eglė (Eglės sanatorija) Eglės St 1, LT-66251 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 60220, +370 313 60283 (email@example.com, fax: +370 313 60238). Medical Spa “Eglė (Fir)” offers over 100 different kinds of massages, treatments, and preventive mineral water, therapeutic and white mud, kinesitherapeutic, physiotherapeutic and psychotherapeutic procedures. Therapeutic mud and mineral water from the own resources are used for the procedures, performed by experienced specialists. Owns two mineral water bores where the water Eglė 1 and Eglė 2 is enriched with mineral chloride (sodium-calcium) recommended by doctors to be used for therapeutic purposes. Therapeutic peaty mud is excavated at sanatorium's own quarry. Also offers diagnostic procedures, has electrocardiography, sonogram, veloenergometry, rectoromanoscopy, gynaecological and other facilities, as well as facilities for manual therapy, diabetical podiatry, and clinical and biochemical laboratories. Doctors assign therapeutic and diagnostic procedures to each client individually upon arrival, taking into consideration his or her needs and their state of health. Premises are adapted to the disabled.
- Children Health Centre Saulutė (Vaikų reabilitacijos skyrius Druskininkų “Saulutė”) Vytauto St 2/Kurorto St 5, LT-4690 Druskininkai, ☎ Info and reception +370 313 48685 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 52268). Children's sanatorium "Saulutė" (lithuanian for Little Sun) was established in 1953. It was one of the largest and most important children's treatment centres in Lithuania. The PHARE and TACIS LIEN rehabilitation program for children with cerebral palsy (CP) is being implemented since Nov 1995. The price for a day: to the child 174 LTL (treatment, meals, accommodation), for a nursing person 70 LTL (meals, accommodation).
- Druskininkai Aquapark Vilniaus al. 13, LT-66119 Druskininkai, ☎ ticket office +370 313 52338 (email@example.com).
- Snow Arena Nemuno kelias 2, Mizarai village, LT-67308 Druskininkai municipality (Nort-West from the centre, on the other bank of Neman river; walk North-East to the bridge, cross the river, then turn left.), ☎ ticket office +370 313 69699, Mob. +370 615 35415 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 69599). For adult 18+: 2hr M-Fr - 49 LTL, weekend - 69 LTL, all day M-Fr - 85 LTL, weekend - 99 LTL..
- Bicycle trails (Dviračių takai). Bike hire is possible during warm season.. Trail "Žvaigždžių Orbita" South East of centre, between the river of Neman and the highway to Belarus, consists of 3 routes, the length: 9 km, 12 km, 24 km. Trail "Žilvino takas" North West of centre, between the river of Neman and the highway to Vilnius, up to Grūtas village, consists of 3 routes, the length: 6 km, 8 km, 10 km. Trail "Žvaigždžių Orbita" passes through 10 cultural, historical and natural objects of interest, trail "Žilvino Takas" passes through 15 cultural, historical and natural objects of interest.
- ONE Adventure Park (ONE nuotykių parkas) Neman river bank at the end of Maironio street (200 metres to 'Aqua park' by the river Nemunas), ☎ +370 607 20911 (email@example.com). Non depending on weather conditions, 10 till 5-7 pm. For adult: weekdays 45-62 LTL, weekends 58-75 LTL, discounts for kids under 145 cm height and students with valid ID. (54.025570,23.973198)
Druskininkai municipality web site lists 47 places to eat. There may some more places appear, or some may disappear. The life goes on and things may change a little, however one can be always sure that there is some place to eat at least in 5 minutes distance from anywhere in the town.
- Bebenčiukas, M.K.Čiurlionio St 83, Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 53514.
- Forto Dvaras, M.K.Čiurlionio St 55, LT-66142 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 55438 (firstname.lastname@example.org), .
- Druskininkų kolonada, V. Kudirkos St 22, LT-66120 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 53409, mobile +370 652 75292 (email@example.com), . Restaurant, music club, European cuisine.
- Sicilia, Taikos St 9, LT-66119 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 51865 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-Th 09:00-23:00, F-Su 09:00-24:00. A cozy and calm traditional Sicilian style place where you can taste our unique pizzas or other various dishes or just sit and relax with a glass of wine.
Once you're there, think about your health as probably you have not too much time to do that before. And think that this is the place of 12 mineral springs, the water of which can help to heal your disorders. This place is for this. Other places are for else.
- Hotel Violeta (Viešbutis “Violeta”) Kurorto St 4, LT-66126 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 60600 (fax: +370 313 60602). 20 large rooms: 4 luxury (living room and bedroom), 13 doubles, 2 singles, and 1 luxury suite (complete kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, Jacuzzi whirlpool). Can accommodate up to 40 guests at once. Has a handicapped-friendly room, and rooms for non-smokers. All the rooms are modernly equipped. Doubles facing the Nemunas and luxury rooms big enough for families with children. There are safes in the rooms, luxuries have a minibar.
- Hotel Dainava Maironio St 22, Druskininkai (Situated in the very center, close to Druskininkai AquaPpark), ☎ +370 313 59100, mobile +370 650 85494. checkin: 12:00 midday; checkout: 12:00 midday. Has a campsite in the yard, price 10 LTL per person, electicity, shower and WC included. Prices season-depending. Reservation: single room from 90 LTL, twin room from 120 LTL, triple room from 165 LTL, triple suite from 160 LTL.
- Hotel Medūna Liepų St 2, LT-66102 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 58033, mobile +370 682 67293 (email@example.com, fax: +370 313 58034). 14 double rooms with a bathroom, television and a telephone. All rooms are thematic and different in their interior. The price of a room includes breakfast in the hotel's restaurant (30 seats). Restaurant offers dishes of European cuisine, premises for the family celebrations, business meetings or romantic dinners. During the restoration works there was found an authentic stone hall. Now it is the wine cellar which is composed of two parts – the authentic, restored old stone hall with a cozy fireplace and the second hall decorated in Italian style. Perfect place for business meetings, meetings with friends or romantic rendezvous accompanied with a glass of good wine. The wine cellar of “Medūna” is the only place in Druskininkai that offers a wide list of different wines. Hotel prices season-depending.
- Hotel Regina T. Kosciuškos St 3, LT-66116 Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 59060, mobile +370 693 79000 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 59061). A 3-star hotel, suited not only for people looking for rest but also for organising business events like conferences, trainings etc. Offers two comfortable and fully equipped conference halls. Has 40 rooms: 8 single rooms, 26 double rooms, 3 triple rooms, 3 suite rooms. Each room has a telephone, the internet, bathroom, a hair dryer and flexible air-conditioning system. A big part of rooms have a small but very cozy balcony. Family, which has four members, can live in a suite room.
- Hotel Pušynas (“Pine Forest”) Taikos St 6, LT-66119, Druskininkai, ☎ +370 313 56666, mobile +370 699 11620 (email@example.com, fax: +370 313 56666). A 3-star hotel surrounded by trees and flowers offers a good rest, spa procedures, and organize business meetings, conferences and private celebrations. The architecture of the hotel reminds of a huge pine cone. Has 66 rooms of different types and standards, which are adapted for three persons to live in. There are single and double rooms and deluxe rooms. The hotel can accommodate up to 150 guests, the conference hall – up to 80 people, the restaurant – up to 80 people, the spa “Pušynas” - up to 15 people. All the hotel rooms have balconies, satellite TV, individually controlled air-conditioning system (the first floor business class rooms), also there is a work place in each room.
- Hotel Galia ☎ +370 313 60513 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 60512). Consists of 3 separate hotels not far from each other: Vita Hotel Maironio St 3, phone +370 313 60511, e-mail: email@example.com, Tomas Hotel, Dabintos St 3, phone +370 313 60510, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Aistė Hotel, Dabintos St 4, phone +370 313 60510, e-mail: email@example.com . Prices season-depending.
- Hotel Laima ☎ +370 313 52847 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +370 313 53754). 3 single rooms, 8 double rooms. Single 60 LTL, double 120 LTL, additional bed for 3rd person 35 LTL.