Donetsk is a city in the Ukraine.
The are a few ways to get to Donetsk. You can try to fly in directly (the airport code is DOK) usually through Kiev, Munich, Istanbul or Vienna. There are also options if you are in Ukraine: train, air or by car. The drive from Kiev can be 6-8 h depending on how fast you drive, how many stops you make, etc.
There is also a direct train once or twice a week from Almaty (Kasachstan) via Atyrau and Volvograd. However, you will need at least a Russian transit visa, which is generally quite expensive.
Donetsk International Airport  (IATA: DOK, ICAO: UKCC)
Public transportation is cheap but can be crowded. Be prepared to stand up most of the time, and you may have to make waves when you want to get out. There are four main types: the trolleybus, autobus, tram and minibuses ("Marshrutkas"). Trams and buses will get you just about anywhere in the city for 1 hryvnia (around 0.10 euro as of July 2011). This price is for as long as you want to be on the tram/bus. Tickets are to be bought from the conductor, which is on board of every tram/bus. At the central market there is one of the many depots. These forms of transport stop at every stop on the route.
The minibuses can be found throughout the city. They are like the buses, but faster, smaller, and they stop at only some stops. If you are on board you must yell to the driver that you want out at the next stop, and if you are waiting for one, you must flag it down. Depending on the driver, these can get very crowded. You will pay about 2 Hrivnya (usually to the driver).
Most tourists find the taxi to be their best option. Taxi cabs are on every corner and they are relatively cheap. To go across the city, you can expect to pay 30 hryvnia (about $6), but the average amount you would pay to get around the center of the city is $1-2.
There are numerous dispatch taxi services. For example, 381-0000 or 0-67. Keep your eyes open for more numbers, usually printed on the side of the cab in large font.
Also, on the first ride in the taxi, ask the driver if he would like to drive you around on a regular basis. Usually, he will be delighted to do so and give you his ID number for dispatch (pozivnoi) or his cell phone so you can call him directly. That way, you can have a chauffeur for the time of your stay.
See of Donetsk 
Donetsk City Guide 
Donetsk city guide 
There are various restaurants located in or around the centre of the city,:
- Legenda - Russian Cuisine
- The Golden Lion - An Irish Pub
- Tequila Boom - A Mexican Restaurant
- Shato - Russian Cuisine
- Marakesh - A Moroccan Restaurant
- Netske - A Chinese Restaurant (2 hryvnia for a pair of chopsticks, so bring your own)
- Tri Tolstjaka - Western Style Restaurant
- Yakitoriya - Sushi bar
- Latin Quarter - Same style as Tri Tolstjaka
- Liverpool - big choice food court buffet
- Bar Strike, 14A Mira Avenue Donetsk, ☎ +38 062 381-4700. A wide range of appetizers, drinks and cocktails to suit any taste. (Billiards Bar, Hotel Bar)
- Liverpool Live Music Bar
- Donetsk Holidays, Travel and Tourism 
- Donetsk Hotel Reservations Hotels Around Ukraine 
- Camping Park - 2012 (all information about prices, serveses and booking you can ask by e-mail email@example.com)
- Art-hotel Liverpool, Artema st. 131V, ☎ +380623125474, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. Art-Hotel «Liverpool» is located in the heart of largest and fastest growing cities in Ukraine - Donetsk. Non-standard name influenced the design of rooms, reception and exterior facade of the building, which was built in 2007. In close proximity to the hotel is located one of the best stadiums in Europe “Donbass Arena”, which will be held Euro 2012! Close to hotel - the Cathedral and within walking distance - the exhibition center "Expo-Donbass". Due to its advantageous location, you can quickly get to any restaurant, cafe, business and shopping centers, and nightclubs. If you don`t want to go anywhere - visit Live music bar, which is located on the hotel. Art-restaurant - is not only a place to eat, but also places where performing famous singers and DJ`s. In the evening you can relax in the hotel. Here are rooms for any guest, regardless of his mood and financial capabilities. All categories of rooms are equipped with shower, air conditioning, desk lamp, telephone, TV. Additional services art restaurant/ bar; 2 conference halls; free parking; concierge; transfer from one person to the group, car rental; courier delivery; booking air, rail and bus tickets; laundry free luggage storage; printing and scanning, facsimile, international phone communications; free Wi-Fi in the rooms; booking tables at restaurants, booking tickets in concert halls (on arrival); currency exchange; iron and ironing board, hair dryer. от 495 грн до 1020 грн в сутки.