Diamantina is a colonial city in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Its 17th century streets and buildings are witnesses to the country's diamond and gold digging ages, and its historic center has been listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The bus Station (rodoviária) is located at Largo Dom João, 134. (38) 3531-9176. There are frequent buses from Belo Horizonte by companies São Geraldo and Pássaro Verde (websites in Portuguese only).
There is also one daily arrival from São Paulo.
- Colonial houses and streets
- Biribiri - A well preserved if tiny 19th-century industrial village, 15km from the city.
- Watch the Vesperatas - open shows of traditional music bands, a large event that takes place on the colonial Quitanda street twice a month (from April to October).
- Al-Árabe, Praça Dr. Prado, 124. Tel. 38 3531-2281.
- O Garimpeiro, Av. da Saudade, 265. Tel. 38 3532-1040.
- Trattoria La Dolce Vita, Rua Vieira Coutro, 232. Tel. 38 3531-8485.
- Espaço B Café, Beco da Tecla, 31. Tel. 38 3531-6005.
- Pousada do Garimpo, Av. da Saudade, 265. Tel. 38 3532-1040. 
- Pouso da Chica, Rua Macau de Cima, 115. Tel. 38 3531-7349. 
- Tijuco, Rua Macau do Meio, 211. Tel. 38 3531-1022.