Deva is a city in Hunedoara County, Transylvania, Romania. It is the capital of Hunedoara County.
There are direct international trains from Vienna ( 9 1/2 hours), Prague (17 hours) and Budapest (6 hours).
There are eight trains daily from Timisoara, seven from Bucharest, five from Cluj-Napoca and Brasov. Check timetables on infofer.ro. or Mersul Trenurilor
There are many buses arriving and leaving Deva Bus Station.The bus station is situated near the train station.The buses connect Deva with cities from Romania but also with cities from abroad.
To reach Deva from Arad take E 68.
To come to Deva from Timisoara you must take E 70 to Lugoj,continue from Lugoj to Faget and when you reach E 68,make right and after 15 km you are in Deva.
From Bucharest take A 1 to Pitesti,then take E 81 to Rm.Vâlcea and continue to Sibiu.From Sibiu take E 68 to Sebes,Orastie and Simeria.
You can reach almost all of the objectives on foot.
Rent a car
- Munich Rent A Car Deva,Str.Santuhalm nr. 69,+40723 811 707 
- RRS Motors,+40722-637.000
Tel.: +40254 - 234.567
Tel.: +40730 - 036.545;+40254 - 222.244
Tel.: +40254 - 211.111
Tel.: +40254 - 222.953
Tel.: +40254 - 223.344
Tel.: +40254 - 943;+40254 - 228.899
- Deva Fortress Hill. Nature preserve (geological, botanical, landscape). Located 371 m above the sea and 184 m from the city. Hill emerges from the Poiana Ruscă Mountains and has a conical shape being composed of eruptive rocks. The slopes are covered by a rich vegetation which comprises of almost half of the plants known in Transylvania. Many of the plants are indigenous, others come from the Mediterranean Sea or the southern Balkan peninsula. Here lives and horned viper. Reserve has an area of 30 ha.
- Ruins of Deva Fortress. 08:00 - 20:00. Deva Fortress was built in the mid-thirteenth century at the top of the Fortress Hill,on the place of a Dacian settlement and is mentioned in a document known as Castrum Deva. Worked as a military fortress until 1687 when it was occupied by Austrian troops for the second time.The fortress was a time in possession:Hunedorestilor Family , Francis Gesthy, princes of Transylvania (Gabriel Bethlem, Stefan Bethlem, Gh Rakokzi I, A. Barcsay). The walls of the fortress were besieged often of peasant uprisings culminating with the siege in 1784 during the rebellion of Horia, Cloșca and Crișan. At the end of the 13th century,the fortress has lost strategic importance and was left in decay until 1817 when it was restored by Emperor Francisc I. During the Revolution of 1848, the fortress was occupied by Austrian soldiers and was destroyed in an explosion of the guns store. Over the years, the fortress has undergone many repairs and changes. Fortress complex consists of a central building on top of the hill and the three chambers equipped with gates and reinforced with defensive towers. The walls that can be seen now belong 15th-17th century. You can reach the Fortress on foot by climbing the 113 stepts from the city park and then following one of the two alleys which are surrounding the fortress hill. Starting in June 2005, Fortress can be reached also by cable car.The cable car eases access of tourists to the Fortress 10 RON.
- Dacian and Roman Civilization Museum. 09:00 - 21:00. It is the Hunedoara County Museum.It houses reliefs from Ulpia Traiana and Micia, forge, bronze pieces, costumes, tools, weaving, ceramics, glass icons. The museum is housed by a historical monument building, the Magna Curia, residence of a Transylvanian prince from 16th century, made in the Renaissance style. In 1621 was in the possession of prince Bethley and the building underwnt Baroque changes. On the front wall there is a solar clock.
- Deva Printing Museum. A museum less known even among Deva city residents . It is arranged in the entrance hall in Deva typography. All items displayed are still running and most were in operation until 1990.
- Old Orthodox Church Tower. Declared a historic monument, the tower is the only portion left around from an old church built in 1640. The church burned in a fire, and the tower was rebuilt in 1727. After Magna Curia Castle and the Fortress, the tower is the third oldest building in Deva. In front of the tower there is a stone inscription written in Cyrillic letters.
- Franciscan Monastery, Str. Progresului nr.14. It was built in the eighteenth century by the Bulgarian Catholic colonists brought in Deva by Deva fortress commander, General Steinville. It is built in Baroque style, from stone and brick, with interior decoration in relief and statues belonging to the late baroque. It was partially restored.In this Roman Catholic monastery works in the present Saint Francis Foundation.
- Saint Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral. It was built in 1861 by the initiative of Metropolitan of Transylvania,Andrei Saguna. During 1927-1930 it was renovated and painted in the Byzantine-Roman style. Inside, there are some icons from the 17th century.The old painting of the church has been executed between 1929-1931 by painter Alexandru Pop, director of bellearts Cluj-Napoca. The iconostasis is carved in oak and was executed by the Trades School in Deva in 1940. The three bells were cast in material of war at the expense of the family Dr. Petru Groza. The cathedral was made with asbestos roof and tower and cupolas from metal sheet. The exterior is decorated with cross shaped reliefs. In the yard of the cathedral was erected the Heroes Monument.
- Annunciation Orthodox Cathedral, Liberty Av.. It was built between 1936-1939 by project of architect Neugebaer. It is on Liberty Avenue.
- Saint Anthony Roman-Catholic Church. It was built between 1936-1938 by plans of architect Neugebaer in Ceangăi district.
- Reformed Church. It was built in the early twentieth century in the old Reformed Church area,built in the fourteenth century and demolished in 1899. The old church originally belonged to Greek and then Roman Catholic worship, it became Reformed after 1545. Built of red brick, has a clock tower.
- Synagogue. The synagogue was built in the nineteenth century, probably around the year 1897 as shown in an inscription located on the steps of one of the stairs, after the project architect Ignatius Mahler. Between 1905-1907 was rebuilt in the form in which exists today. It was renovated in 2003-2004 with funds allocated by the City Deva. Vedel Shamuel is the oldest known rabbi in Deva. In 1939 there were approximately 900 Hebrew in Deva, but during the war, in 1941 the Jews of the work centers and rural workers were evacuated and most of them came to Deva. In 2005 there were 45 Hebrew in Deva. Synagogue is declared a historical monument.
- Bejan Forest. Situated at an altitude of 300-500 m is declared a nature reserve in 1940. On an area of 103 ha there are all species of oak that are found in Romania. On entering the forest there is a guest house, athletic fields and playgrounds for children.
- Statues and monuments of the city. Decebal's pedestrian statue situated in the City Park. Decebal's equestrian statue located in front of the House of Culture. Busts of martyrs Horia,Closca and Crisan placed in front of the Museum. Statue of emperor Trajan in Unirii Square. Statue of the poet Mihai Eminescu in City Park. Heroes Monument.
- Billa, Calea Zarandului, ☎ +40254.234.922, . 08:00 - 22:00.
- Trident, Str. Mihai Eminescu, cartier Micro 15, . 09:00 - 21:30.
- Spar, Str. Mihai Viteazu Nr. 2, .
- Plus, Calea Zarandului, Nr. 108, . 08:00 - 21:00.
- Real, Calea Zarandului nr. 87, . 8.00 - 23.00.
- Carrefour Express, Bd. 22 Decembrie nr. 37, ☎ +40254/235.191, . 08:00 - 22:00.
- Praktiker, Calea Zarandului nr. 85 A, ☎ +40254.239.120, . 08:30 - 21:00.
- Profi, Eminescu FN, ☎ +40726 784507, . 08.00 - 21.00.
- Metro Cash & Carry, Str. Zarandului, . 06.00 - 22.00.
- Maxxa Shopping Center, Str. M. Eminescu, la Nr. 93, ☎ +40254.226.522, .
- Red Onion Brasserie, Unirii Square Nr.8, ☎ +40354 113 264.
- Capriccio, Str. Dorobanti Nr. 28, ☎ +40254.229.975.
- Dacians Wine Cellar, Str. I.L. Caragiale, nr.20, ☎ +40723 432.222.
- Go Food Real Deva, Calea Zarandului nr. 87, ☎ +40740.777.873.
- Venice Pizza, Bd. I. Maniu, nr. 6, ☎ +40254.211.114.
- Da Gregorio Pizza, Str. Marasti, Bl. D6, ☎ +40788.336.732.
- Play Pizza, Str. Mihai Eminescu, ☎ +40254.224.401.
- The Lounge Club Cafe, Str. Gheorghe Baritiu nr.1.
- John's Club Cafe, Str. Mihai Eminescu, nr.2, ☎ +40254.233.511. 10:00 - 04:00.
- Fischer's Pub, Unirii Square, nr.8. 08:00 - 04:00.
- Rock Blues Jazz, Unirii Square.
- Jolie Club Caffe, Str. 1 Decembrie.
- Dava, Victory Square.
- Club Collection, Piata Victoriei, nr.2.
- Koson Cafe, Str. 22 Decembrie.
- Arena, Str. Marasti.
- Supreme Club, B-dul Nicolae Balcescu, 12A.
- Cafe Roma, B-dul Nicolae Bu.
- Play, Str. Mihai Eminescu.
- Club Extaz, Str. Oituz.
- TNT, B-dul Decebal.
- Amigo Cafe, Victory Square.
- The Brick Pub, Unirii Square.
- Chic Cafe, Str. Avram Iancu, Bl. H1.
- Viena Cafe, Str. 1 Decembrie.
- Reno Club (email@example.com), Unirii Square, ☎ 0745770008.
- Xilai DHS Motel 3*, Str. Sintuhalm, Nr.35 A, ☎ +40254.236.990. Rooms: 4 singles, 2 suites, 4 double. Price: 43 - 82 Euro / day, breakfast included. Location: out of Deva to Sibiu. Devices: special furniture from China. Facilities: cable TV, Internet, telephone, air conditioning,Chinese restaurant, bar, conference hall, parking.
- Hotel Decebal 2*, B-dul 1 Decembrie nr. 37A, ☎ +40254.212.413. Rooms: 36 rooms with 2 or 3 beds. Price: 120 USD - 240 USD. Location: near the park at the foot of the Citadel. Facilities: parking, rooms have telephone, TV, fridge.
- Hotel Deva 2* (firstname.lastname@example.org), B-dul 22 Decembrie nr. 110, ☎ +40254.211.290. Rooms: 120 rooms with 2 or 3 beds and apartments. Location: downtown Deva. Facilities: restaurant, summer terrace, bar, currency exchange.
- Hotel Sarmis 2*, Str. Maresal Averescu nr. 7, ☎ +40254.214.730. Rooms: 102 rooms with 2 or 3 beds and apartments. Price: 172 USD - 225 USD. Location: downtown Deva. Facilities: restaurant, summer terrace, bar, currency exchange, telephone, TV.
- Hotel Oil Glat Exim 3 * (email@example.com), Calea Zarandului nr.1, ☎ +40254.212.821, . Rooms: 20 apartments of 1, 2 beds. Prices: 45 EURO. Location: exit from Deva to Timisoara. Facilities: telephone, TV, air conditioning, Internet access, restaurant, mini bar, conference room.
- Paradise Villa 3*, Aleea Crisului nr. 1A, ☎ +40254.220.130. Rooms: 8 studios, apartments of 1-2 beds. Prices: 35 - 45 EURO, breakfast included. Location: in Micro15 near Trident. Facilities: telephone, refrigerator, TV, air conditioning.
- Motel Alaska, DN7, Str. Santuhalm, ☎ +40254.210.997. Rooms: 7 doubles and singles Location: out of Deva to Sibiu Facilities: air conditioning, TV satellite, hair dryer, minibar, room service, private parking, safe, fax, photocopier, Internet. 50 - 60 EURO, breakfast included.
- Hotel Wien 4* (firstname.lastname@example.org), Str. Calea Zarandului 55, ☎ +40254.233.330, . Rooms: 24 double and single.Location: Deva ring road, near the center.Facilities: 60 seat conference room equipped to maximum standards of IT, secure interior parking, fitness center, rooms with air conditioning, minibar, internet connection, cable TV. 65 - 75 Euro.
- Europe Villa, Str.Avram Iancu, ☎ +40254.235.586, . Rooms: 3 doubles, 1 suite. Location: central area, between Orthodox Cathedral and City Park. Facilities: minibar, cable TV, telephone, internet and fax, quiet area, access cards for customers. 250-400 RON.
- Venus Villa, Str. Mihai Eminescu, nr 16, ☎ +40254.212.243, . Rooms: 3 single, 1 suite, 2 double Location: downtown Deva Facilities: air conditioning, satellite TV, hair-drier, mini bar, room service, private parking, safe, fax / photocopying, Internet, solarium 55 - 75 Euro.
Deva area code is 254(Romtelecom) or 354(RDS).Dial 0254(0354) if you are in Romania or +40254(+40354) if you are abroad.
- Nelux Internet Cafe,Strada A.Muresanu Bl.1, Sc.C,+40(744)789215