The Northwest Side is in Detroit. While primarily a residential area, Northwest Detroit is home to some great historic neighborhoods.
- Cranbrook House and Gardens, 39221 Woodward Ave.,Bloomfield Hills, . Public tours. Cranbrook House is part of the Cranbrook Kingswood Educational Community. The house belonged to the Booth Family, who founded the Cranbrook and Kingswood schools in the early 1900s. The house is currently used as an administrative office for the school. The gardens are extensive and open all year.
- Chrysler Museum Auburn Hills.
- Cranbrook Bloomfield Hills. Art Museum, Science Center, House & Gardens, 300 acre campus, and School.
- Meadow Brook Hall Rochester. Dodge House, located near Oakland University. Public tours.
- Palmer Park, bordered by Woodward Avenue to the east, 7 mile road to the north, Fairway Drive to the west, and West McNichols Road to the south. Most of this historic neighborhood/park was made before World War II. The 1960's brought a large influx of gay male residents to the Palmer Park neighborhood. By the 1970's Palmer Park was the center of gay life in Detroit. The area along West McNichols road consisted of many gay bars and nightclubs. The number is smaller today, but the annual gay pride festival is still held in Palmer Park.
- S.S Kresge House, 70 West Boston Boulevard, .
- Palmer Woods, . A private historic neighborhood in the city of Detroit west of Woodward Ave. and north of Palmer Park.
Events and festivals
- Meadowbrook Concours d' Elegance Rochester. A formal occassion, traditionally held in August.
- Meadowbrook Music Festival 
- Palazzo di Bocce  4291 S. Lapeer Road in Orion Township, about 40 minutes north of Downtown, is the largest and most elaborate bocce facility in the United States, and perhaps the world. You can play bocce on one of 10 indoor tournament-sized courts with court hosts and hostesses to help if you don't know the game. You can have cocktails and eat courtside while playing, or later in the restaurant, which serves authentic Italian food. Palazzo was the site of the 2005 U.S. national tournament, and hosted the 2005 Singles World Bocce Championships attended by athletes from 17 nations in September. Very popular for group events; Friday and Saturday nights are more crowded.
- Michigan State Fair Grounds & Exposition Center, 1120 W. State Fair Ave., Detroit.
- Woodward Dream Cruise  A car fanatic's paradise, this is an informal drive along Woodward Avenue from Ferndale to Pontiac, where anything imaginable can be seen, from Vipers to vintage cruisers to tricked-out garbage trucks. Happens every August at the height of summer.
- Baker's Keyboard Lounge The world's oldest jazz club.
- DTE Music Theater Sashabaw Rd., Clarkston. Formerly known as Pine Knob.
- Reford Theatre  17360 Lahser Road, Detroit. Features classic movies & free supervised parking.
- Beaches, Canoeing, Kayaking, and more  Metro Detroit's popular destinations include Metropolitan Beach in St. Clair Shores, Stony Creek Beach, and Kensington Beach. Detroit's Huron Clinton Metro Park sytem is a great source of fun. Enjoy canoe trips on the Huron River .
- Dave & Busters 45511 Park Avenue, Utica.(586)930-1515. Famous high quality entertainment arcade with food and fun. The food here is not highly recommended. (Minors need an adult, up to four minors may be accompanied by one adult).
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Metro Detroit  Mt. Brighton Ski Area, 4141 Bauer Rd., Brighton, MI. Near I-96 & M-23 in Metro Detroit. See also, Alpine Valley ski area, Apple Mountain Ski Resort, Baki Maountain Cross Country Ski Trails, Mt. Holly ski area, Pine Knob ski area.
- Waterparks, including Belle Isle Waterslide, Waterford Oaks, Red Oaks, Four Bears Water Park & Entertainment Complex.
- Downtown Birmingham  Old Woodward. Lots of Boutiques.
- Great Lakes Crossing Mall  4000 Baldwin Rd., Auburn Hils. Super-sized enclosed outlet mall, popular.
- Lakeside Mall  Sterling Heights. Large suburban shopping mall with 180 stores.
- Laurel Park Place  37700 West 6 Mile Road, Livonia. Very nice, upscale, convenient, 70 stores in an enclosed mall connected to the Livonia Marriott. Try the Michigan Wild store for unique souvenirs.
- Oakland Mall  On 14 Mile, just off of I-75.
- Olde World Canterbury Village  2369 Joslyn Ct., Lake Orion. Near Auburn Hills. Specialty items, Christmas collectables, restaurant.
- The Mall at Partridge Creek  17420 Hall Rd., Clinton Township. Upscale, popular, outdoor lifestyle center with 85-90 stores and restaurants.
- Somerset Collection Mall 2800 W. Big Beaver, Troy. I-75 & Big Beaver exit 69. Upscale, impressive, 180 stores, two malls connected by a 700 foot moving skywalk.
- Twelve Mile Crossing at Fountain Walk  44175 W. Twelve Mile Rd., Novi. Outdoor lifestyle center and restaurants across from Twelve Oaks Mall.
- Twelve Oaks Mall  27500 Novi Rd. Novi. I-96 Exit 162. Very nice, large suburban shopping mall with 180 stores.
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott, 31525 W 12 Mile Rd. Farmington Hills.
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott Detroit-Southfield. 27027 Northwestern Highway, Southfield. Centrally located near I-696 and M-10.
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott. 17200 N Laurel Park Dr, Livonia. Near Laurel Park Place Mall.
- Econo Lodge Detroit Hotel. 17729 Telegraph Road. Tel: +1 313 531-2550. Fax: +1 313 531-5148. Minutes away from local restaurants, as well as shopping, businesses and the Detroit area attractions.
- Holiday Resort Hotel - Southfield. 26555 Telegraph Rd., Southfield. Convenient to downtown Detoit and the airport with 11,464 sq ft of meeting space. Indoor pool.
- Marriott Residence Inn. 26700 Central Park Blvd, Southfield.
- Milner Hotel, 1538 Centre St, +1 313 963-3950, . Located in downtown Detroit.
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott. 333 East Jefferson Ave., Detroit. Prime downtown location, across from the Renaissance Center. Well appointed, full service hotel. Indoor pool, fitness center, restaurants, lounges, and meeting rooms.
- Crown Plaza Hotel - Auburn Hills.  1500 Opdyke Rd., Auburn Hills. Well apponted. Near the Palace of Auburn Hills, restaurants, lounges, ballroom, indoor pool, fitness center, full service hotel. Could be considered a luxury hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Detroit Metropolitan Airport. 8000 Meriman Rd., Romulus. Well appointed. Full service hotel.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel. 27000 Sheraton Dr., Novi. Next to the popular Twelve Oaks Mall with 180 stores. Well appointed. Full service Hotel.
- Detroit Marriott Livonia17100 Laurel Park Drive North, Livonia. Suburban hotel connected to the popular Laurel Park Place Mall with 70 stores. Well appointed. Convenient to Metropolitan Airport, Ann Arbor, and downtown Detroit. Near I-275 & 6 Mile Rd. Indoor pool, fitness center, restaurants, full service hotel.
- Embassy Suites Hotel Livonia/Novi. Well apponted. Full service hotel.
- Hotel Baronette. 27790 Novi Rd., Novi. Next to the popular Twelve Oaks Mall with 180 stores. Well appointed. Indoor swimming pool, restaurants, full service hotel. Could be considered a luxury hotel.
- Hyatt Place Detroit/AuburnHills, 1545 North Opdyke Road, 248 475 9393, fax 248 475 9399, .
- Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia , 19300 Haggerty Road, 734 953 9224, .
- Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica , 45400 Park Ave., 586 803 0100, .
- Sheraton Detroit Novi.. 21111 Haggerty Rd., Novi. Well appointed. Indoor pool, restaurants, lounges, ballrooms, meeting rooms. Full service hotel
- Royal Park Hotel Rochester. Luxury hotel, rich colonial elegance in the suburbs with fine dining and over 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Convenient to Chrysler headquarters, Great Lakes Crossing enclosed outlet mall , and Canturbury Village .
- Somerset Inn  Troy. I-75 and Big Beaver Rd. Contemporary hotel, boutique style, casual, across from the upscale Somerset Collection Mall, fine restaurants, and golf, near Birmingham.
- Townsend Hotel Birmingham. Luxury hotel, rich intercontinental elegance with fine restaurants, award winning, intimate setting, formal, nestled in the beautiful Detroit suburb of Birmingham. Nearby are Somerset Collection Mall, Birmingham shops, and area attractions.
- Westin Southfield-Detroit  1500 Town Center, Southfield . Luxury hotel, stunning contemporary with fine restaurants and an enclosed atrium, hosts conferences for up to 1,000 attendees. 15 to 20 minutes from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Centrally located, minutes from downtown Detroit, Dearborn, and the suburbs. Near suburban shopping malls and the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak. Convenient for seeing the entire metro area. A world-class hotel inside the Southfield Town Center , across from Lawrence Technological University. In addition to Tangos restaurant, the atrium features Mushashi International (Japanese) Restaurant.
- Detroit Convention and Visitor's Bureau .