Destin is an upscale resort town in the Florida Panhandle.
Primary access to Destin is by private vehicle. It is located on US 98 between Pensacola and Panama City. From IH-10 west, take IH-110 south through Gulf Breeze, merge with US 98, and follow US 98 along the coast through Fort Walton Beach. From IH-10 east, take FL 285 south through Eglin Air Force Base, make a left on FL 20 to go east, then a right to go south on on Mid Bay Bridge.
The closest public airport is Okaloosa Regional Airport (IATA: VPS) . Car rental agencies are available at the airport, or offer a courtesy pickup service from the airport .
- Alamo, 850-651-1839, .
- Avis, 850-651-0822, .
- Enterprise, 850-729-5700, .
Destin offers two public transits with limited availability but affordable prices. The transits are offered during the tourist season primarily and can be found at access points in the Crystal Beach shopping center and the Destin Commons.
The beach, with its distinctive emerald green water, earning it the nickname of the Emerald Coast. Destin's enormous stretch of beach is spectacular, with some of the finest, whitest sand in the world. The sand is so soft it literally squeaks under foot. You will be spoiled forever after experiencing this.
Destin is famous for its sugar white sand beach and emerald green water.
The area is renowned for its golfing opportunities. The climate is nearly ideal year-round.
- Ft. Walton Beach Golf Club Public championship course. Pro shop, lighted driving range, club rentals and snack bar, 1909 Lewis Turner Blvd., Ft. Walton Beach, 850-833-9529
- Golf Garden of Destin Public lighted course and practice area. 112958 Highway 98 East, 850-837-7422.
- Regatta Bay Golf & Country Club, 465 Regatta Bay Blvd Destin, 850-650-7800. Public, championship course designed by Robert C. Walker.
- Seascape Resort & Conference Center, 100 Seascape Dr., 850-654-7888. Public course with greens and driving range.
- Emerald Bay Golf Club, 4781 Clubhouse Drive, (850) 837-5197, .
Deep Sea Fishing
- Adventure Charters, 850-654-4070. Offers many charter options.
- Pelican Adventures, 210-F Hwy 98 East, 850-650-3825, .
- A Paradise Watersports, on Okaloosa island, 850-837-0123, 850-302-0021. Rents all kinds of boats and water gear.
- Boogies Water Sports at the foot of the bridge, 850-654-4497. Offers watercraft rentals and parasailing.
- Destin Florida Charters, 850-393-7009, . Charters power and sail yachts.
- Dolphin Cruise at Harborwalk Marina, 850-837-7741. Offers various cruises including a dolphin cruise.
- Moody's, 194 Hwy. 98, 850-837-1293. Sails the Emerald Magic and America II, available for charter.
- Pleasure Island Waterpark, Highway 98 in Fort Walton Beach, 850-243-9738. Has go-karts, personal watercraft, pontoon boats, jet boats, parasailing, and refreshments.
- The Track, Highway 98 on the east side of town, 850-654-4668, . Has indoor go-karts, a kids recreation area, miniature golf, and bungee jumping.
There are any number of places to eat both on and off the beach.
- Ocean Club Restaurant, 850-267-3666, 8955 Hwy. 98 West,#107, Miramar Beach, Florida 32550, . The grouper comes recommended!
- Boathouse Oyster Bar, 850-837-3645.
- Captain Dave's on the Gulf, 850-837-6357.
- Destin Chops, 320 Hwy. 98 E., Destin, on the second floor of the Destin Yacht Club, 850-654-4944. Premium steakhouse.
- Fisherman's Wharf, 210-D Hwy 98 East, 850-654-4766.
- Hog's Breath Saloon, 541 E. Hwy 98, 850-837-5100.
- Fudpucker's Beachside Bar & Grill, 20001 Emerald Coast Pkwy, 850-54-4200, .
- Harbor Docks, 538 Highway 98, 850-837-2506.
- Marina Café, 404 Hwy 98 East, 850-650-4208.
- McGuires Irish Pub and Brewery, 33 E Highway 98, 850-650-0000. Steaks and ale.
- Nightown, 850-837-6448.
- Yesterday's, 850-654-5251.
- The Back Porch, 850-837-2023
- Vin'tij Wine Boutique., Looking for an artsy, soulful place to dine and enjoy good wine? Look to Vin’tij Wine Boutique in Destin, Florida. Located across the street from the Silver Sands Factory Stores, Vin’tij offers a delectably coastal, always fresh menu. The wine list is extensive. The decor is an eclectic mix of local art and mosaics. The atmosphere is just wonderful.
- Motel 6, 405 Highway 98 E, 850-837-0007.
- Sleep Inn, 10775 Highway 98 E, 850-654-7022.
- Country Inn & Suites, 4415 Commons Dr E, 850-650-9191.
- Holiday Inn, 1020 Highway 98 East, 850-837-6181.
- Ramada Limited Destin, 39 Old Hwy. 98 East, +1 850-837-2378, .
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, 4000 Sandestin Blvd., . A getaway for a Florida golf trip or a relaxing vacation. Top-notch accommodations, access to top-rated golf courses, upscale dining at Seagars, and relax at the Serenity by the Sea Spa.
- Abec Resorts, 15000 Emerald Coast Parkway, 877-447-3767, Pictures, rates, information, and online bookng for three spectacular Destin resorts.
- Club Destin, 1085 Highway 98 E, 850-654-4700, .
- Inn on Destin Harbor, 402 Highway 98 E, 850-837-7326, .
- Pelican Beach Resorts, 1002 Highway 98 E, 850-654-1592, .
- WaterSound Beach Rentals, 37 Compass Point Way S., Santa Rosa Beach, 1-888-541-0801, .
- The Palms of Destin, 4201 Two Trees Rd, 1-877-373-6729. Beautiful Gulfside resort with pool, tennis courts, spa, and fitness center.
- Seascape Golf, Beach & Tennis Resort, 100 Seascape Drive, 1-800-874-9106. Relaxaluxury - Experience an all-inclusive vacation in a resort that has the luxuries of today without abandoning the charms of Destin's past. One, Two and Three bedroom rentals at Ariel Dunes, Ariel Dunes II, Majestic Sun and the Villas.
Destin has experienced a two decade-long housing boom. Upscale high rise condos and lovely, quaint vacation rentals have proliferated. Check any of the leading vacation rentals sites for listings.
- Majestic Vacation Rentals., 800-631-9814, Beachfront rental condos in the Majestic Sun and Ariel Dunes buildings on the beach in Destin, Florida.
- Southern Resorts., Offering oceanfront home and condo rentals in Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Beaches of South Walton, Panama City Beach and the Forgotten Coast. 1.800.737.BEACH
- Ocean Reef Resorts., 10221 Emerald Coast Pkwy., The rental company for distinctive homes. 1.800.782.8736
Ocean Reef Resort - Destin, Flordia Vacation Rentals
Call Us at 1.800.782.8736
Visit us at www.OceanReefResorts.com
All About Ocean Reef Resorts
Ocean Reef Resorts EST. 1982 carefully selects properties to ensure high quality and satisfaction for our guests. Currently, we offer over 400 Luxury Homes and Condominiums along the Gulf Coast specializing in the areas of Fort Walton Beach, Destin, The Beaches of South Walton and Panama City Beach.
Each of our Luxury Properties are unique in their location, décor and general feel. Our extensive list of properties feature a variety of complimentary amenities including Daily Free Golf, Children’s Boating Adventure, Unlimited DVD & Games plus a Seafood Buffet!
Our team of reservation agents provide exceptional customer service to those who choose to plan their Gulf Coast Vacation with us. In addition to offering assistance in matching guests with their perfect vacation rental, our agents also provide helpful information regarding local activities, attractions and dining.
Ocean Reef Resorts is dedicated to helping you find the perfect Gulf Coast Vacation Home or Condominium. Please allow us the opportunity to make your vacation the best ever!
What To Do Here
From Championship courses to putt-putt, our area abounds with golfing opportunities. Experts and beginners can co-exist amiably with the quality and variety of courses at hand. We offer FREE rounds at various courses in the area. (Not all courses listed apply)
* The Golf Garden (850)837-7422
* Indian Bayou Golf and Country Club (850) 837-6192
* Island Golf Center (850) 244-1612
* The Moors (850) 995-4653
* Sandestin Beach Resort (850) 267-8000
* Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club (850) 267-2229
* SeaScape Golf Club (850) 837-9181
* Regatta Bay (850) 337-8080
* Shalimar Pointe Golf & Country Club (850) 651-1416
* Tiger Pointe Golf & Country Club (850) 932-1333
* Bluewater Bay Golf Resort (850) 897-3241
* The Club at Hidden Creek (850) 939-4604
* Emerald Bay Club (850) 837-5197
* Ft. Walton Beach Golf Club (850) 833-9529 or 833-9530
* Kelly Plantation Golf Club (850) 650-7600
Would paradise be paradise without a perfect place to shop? For retail therapy during your tropical get away, Destin Commons, the designer shopping center rated number one for shopping in Destin, is an Emerald Coast vacation must! Home to some of the finest boutiques, this walking strip of shops is sure to accommodate the most tasteful consumer.
Want to go the bargain route? Specializing in designer name brand stores with an abundant variety of top quality merchandise, with savings of up to 70% off retail prices, Silver Sands Factory Outlet is sure to provide a memorable shopping experience. With stores including women apparel to home furnishings and jewelry, you are destined to find a perfect souvenir.
While rejoicing with your savvy purchase, stroll the many gourmet eateries for a tasty treat.
Enjoy the shopping paradise!
Relentless Charter Fishing
The Deep Sea Fishing Charter That Redefines Luxury
Whether you are a tournament fisherman or just a novice looking for an adventure, deep sea fishing on the Relentless is your answer to a luxurious, full service charter. Our friendly and experienced crew will take you on an adventure that will keep you coming back with catch after catch! You can go deep sea fishing, or you can go Relentless.
If you are the type who thinks surfing a huge wave or taking in the view through parasailing is relaxing at the beach, rest assured that Destin can wet your appetite for adventurous water activities. From kite surfing to kayaking, there is something for every water sports enthusiast. With many shops nearby offering rentals, lessons, and tours, thrill seeking fun is easy to find on the emerald coast. So whether you are a seasoned surfer or a first time jet skier, come see that the beach has more to offer than just a great tan. With educational options, such as the Destin Fishing Museum and the Gulfarium, and the less educational, such as the Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, your children's curiosity will be fulfilled!
Shopping, Spa, and the Beach; what more can a woman ask for? Destin has plenty of this and more! Here are some local listings catered just for her
Silver Shells Resort and Spa
The Spa at Silver Shells
They offer a variety of treatments including Mud Wraps, Micro - Dermabrasion, Message Therapy, and Hair and Nail Care
Serenity by the Seas
Serenity by the Sea
Serenity offers a full service spa and fitness facility.
850-622-9595 | [www.serenitybytheseaspa.com]
10221 Emerald Coast Parkway Destin FL 32550
800.782.8736 Toll Free | 850.654.4651 Fax
Website: Ocean Reef Resorts
- Destin Days Vacation Rentals, 4421 Commons Drive E. #234, 866-334-4853, .
- Destin Vacation Rentals, . Over 200 privately owned vacation rentals in Destin Florida.
- Southern Resorts, 4608 Opa-Locka Lane, 1-800-737-2322, . Stay in beautiful beach homes, cottages and condos in Destin. Visit website for great maps, vacation guide, on-line reservations and more.
- Ft. Pickens , part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore, is a nature preserve and a civil war-era fort and museum. Activities include fishing, camping, historical research, and tours. A 7-day pass is $8, and covers a private vehicle and all passengers. It's located on the far west end of Santa Rosa Island, about 45 minutes west on Highway 98, then take the CR-399 bridge south at Gulf Breeze, then follow CR-399 right.
- Navarre Beach is a relatively unoccupied resort area on Santa Rosa Island. Head west on Highway 98 about 30 minutes, then take a left on Navarre Bridge. An excellent beach with shower facilities is available at the bridge intersection.
- Panama City Beach is an area more targeted to the younger crowd. It is a popular spring break destination. Head east on Highway 98 about an hour.