| || |
|−|* *<sleep name="Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton" alt="" address="4485 North I-35 Denton, TX 76207" directions="Take I-35 North Toward Hwy 380 Exit # 469, Make a left at the light, a right on Mesa keep straight & make a left on Barcelona followed by a right onto Worthington and a right into the Hotel parking lot" phone="940-808-0600" url="www.hiexpress.com/dentontx" Checkin="3:00 PM" Checkout="11:00 AM" price="" lat="" long=""> This is a Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Denton, Texas. This hotel is located in a dynamic college town with contemporary accommodations and great amenities. All rooms include mini-refrigerators and microwaves. All room rates include a Hot continental breakfast served daily to all registered hotel guests. Please contact the Hotel directly or visit our website at [[www.hiexpress.com/dentontx]] for more information. Stay Smart & Choose the Holiday Inn Express Denton! </sleep> |+|
* <sleep name="Holiday Inn Express" alt="" address="4485 North I-35 Denton," directions="Take I-35 North Toward Hwy 380 Exit # 469, Make a left at the light, a right on Mesa keep straight & make a left on Barcelona followed by a right onto Worthington and a right into the Hotel parking lot" phone="940-808-0600" url="www.hiexpress.com/dentontx" Checkin="3:00 PM" Checkout="11:00 AM" price="" lat="" long="">Brand New , All rooms include mini-refrigerators and microwaves. All room rates include a Hot continental breakfast served daily to all registered hotel guests.</sleep>
| || |
'''America's Best Value Inn & Suites''', 820 Interstate 35 East, 940-387-0591. |+|
* Heritage Inns Bed and Breakfast 812-829 North Locust Street940 565 6414.Charming bed and breakfast service in three houses built between 1902 and 1916.
|−|* '''Best Western Inn & Suites''', 910 West University Dr, 940 591 7726. |+|
|−|* '''Comfort Suites''', 1100 Interstate 35 East, 940-898-8510. |+|
* The Wildwood Inn2602 Lillian Miller Parkway866 840 0713http://denton-wildwoodinn.com/A quaint bed and breakfast located in the country
|−|* '''Days Inn''', 601 Interstate 35 East, 940-566-1990. | |
|−|* '''Desert Sands Motor Inn''', 611 Interstate 35 East, 940-387-6181. | |
|−|* '''Exel Inn''', 4211 Interstate 35, 940-383-1471. | |
|−|* '''Fairfield Inn & Suites''', 2900 West University Drive, 940-384-1700. | |
|−|* '''Hampton Inn and Suites''', 1513 Centre Place Drive, 940-891-4900. | |
|−|* '''Heritage Inns Bed and Breakfast Cluster''', 812-829 North Locust Street , 940 565 6414. Charming bed and breakfast service in three houses built between 1902 and 1916. | |
|−|* '''Holiday Inn & Suites''', 1434 Centre Place Drive, 940-383-4100. | |
'''Howard Johnson Express Inn''', 3116 Bandera Drive, 940-383-1681. | |
|−|* '''La Quinta Inn''', 700 Fort Worth Drive, 940 387 5840. | |
|−|* '''Motel 6''', 4125 Interstate 35, 940-566-4798. | |
|−|* '''Quality Inn & Suites''', 1500 Dallas Drive, 940-387-3511. | |
|−|* '''Radisson Hotel''', 2211 Interstate 35 East, 940-565-8499. | |
|−|* '''Royal Hotel Suites''', 1210 Interstate 35 East, 940-383-2007. | |
|−|* '''Super 8 Motel''', 620 Interstate 35 East, 940-380-8888. | |
|−|* '''The Wildwood Inn ''', 2602 Lillian Miller Parkway , 866 840 0713 , [http://denton-wildwoodinn.com/ ]. A quaint bed and breakfast located in the country . | |
| || |
Revision as of 00:40, 20 November 2009
Denton is a city in Texas.
Denton is situated on I-35 at the point where it splits into 35E, heading southeast to Dallas, and 35W, heading southwest to Fort Worth. Depending on the traffic, it takes about 30 minutes from either. If you are coming from Oklahoma City it takes around 4 hours. Highway 380 also connects Denton to Decatur 30 minutes west, and U.S. 75 30 minutes east. The Denton Airport (DTO)is located within the city limits of the City of Denton, only four miles from the central business district and 15 minutes north of the Texas Motor Speedway.
There are some city buses but they are not popular with the locals. It is best to have a car, as all the hotels are along the freeway.
- Acoustic Lawn Jam, on the Hickory side of the courthouse. Every Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM weather permitting, folks bring their fiddles, guitars, banjos, and mandolins for a free-for-all jam session.
- Bayless-Selby House Museum, 317 W Mulberry St, 940 349 2865. A Victorian house from the 1880's offers a glimpse of local history.
- Historic courthouse and the Courthouse–on–the-Square Museum, 110 W Hickory St, 940 349 2850. Denton's courthouse, built in 1896, houses a collection of heirlooms, pottery, and weapons, all artifacts of local history.
- A jazz performance of the University of North Texas' world-famous One O'Clock Lab Band, .
- Arts & Jazz Fest - Every spring - usually the last three days of April - Denton hosts the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival, a city-sponsored event that brings over 200,000 people per year for live music, food, drink, crafts, and recreation at the Civic Center Park. Big-name performers and bands such as Arturo Sandoval and Tower of Power have performed at the Festival.
- University of North Texas Sky Theatre Planetarium, 940 565 3599, .
- Denton's historic town square has several good antique and specialty shops.
- Golden Triangle Mall, 2201 S I-35E, 940 566 6024.
- Recycled Books and Records, 200 N.Locust, on the square, 940 566 5688. The old opera house now houses a very large locally-owned used book store with a strangely organized but fantastic selection.
Denton's local culture is dominated by the two large universities here. Up to 40% of Denton's population is comprised of students.
- University of North Texas  - The large campus is located just off I-35.
- Texas Woman's University  - It's two tallest tower dormitories are Denton's most visible landmark. Centered on Bell Avenue from University Drive (highway 360) southward.
- Thai Ocha, 1509 Malone St. (Off University Dr.), ☎ (940) 566-6018, . M-S 11-10pm Su 5-9pm. Great Thai Food. Local restaurant with great service and affordable food. The curry & noodle dishes are fantastic. Mid-Range.
- Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream, 117 W Hickory St., 940 384 1818, . After a meal at one of the square's restaurants, head to the south side of the courthouse for some freshly made ice cream in a parlor straight out of the 50's.
- Mi Casita, 110 N Carroll Blvd., 940 891 1932, . Small Mexican restaurant with decent lunch and dinner but excellent breakfast burritos.
- New York Sub-way 906 Avenue C, 940 383 3213. This long-time Denton institution serves up some of the best sandwiches around. There is a second location at 305 W University Dr.
- Fuzzy's Tacos 115 Industrial (2 blocks east from downtown square) Unusual taco creations including Fish Tempura tacos.
- Andaman Thai, 508 S Elm St., 940 591 8790, . Best Thai food in Denton. Just off the square.
- Baris, 1407 W Oak St., 940 382 9577, near the UNT Campus. Good Italian food in a unique setting. The garlic rolls keep the locals coming back.
- Denton County Hamburger Co., 113 W Hickory St, 940 383 1022, on the square. Gigantic hamburgers in an Old West setting. The ranch-style beans are an addiction for some of the locals.
- J & J's Pizza, 118 W Oak St, 940 382 7769, on the town square.
- La Mexicana, 619 S Locust St., 940 483 8019. Very authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex, 5 blocks south of the square on Locust. The lunch specials are very popular with the local Mexican community. Try the tilapia.
- Luigi's, 2317 W University Dr, Ste C-3, 940 591 1988, Italian cuisine with great pizza.
- Master's Grill Churrascaria, 1800 South Loop 288. Brazilian-style steakhouse.
- Metzler's, 628 Londonderry Ln., 940 591 1652. A take-out joint specializing in barbecue and tradition German sausages.
- Mr. Chopsticks, 1633 Scripture St., 940 382 5437, . Fantastic Chinese and Thai dishes. The sesame chicken and the almond chicken are scrumptious.
- Ruby's Diner Safari, 111 N Elm St., on the square, 940 387 7706, . The quintessential Texas diner, with chicken-fried steaks and burgers and all the classics, served in a homely atmosphere. In addition, the owners penchant for exotic animals has led him to add some unusual things to the menu. On offer are ostrich steak, buffalo burger, and a monthly selection which in the past has included such things as kangaroo kebabs, alligator stir-fry, bear steak, turtle stew, and elk. The place is also famous with the older locals for its homestyle pies and its southern breakfast and lunch buffets.
- Yummy's, 210 W University Dr., 940 383 2441. Great Greek restaurant located off University Drive.
- Greenhouse, 600 N Locust. Steaks and seafood in classy atmosphere with occasional live music.
- Loophole Courthouse Spirits & Eatery, 119 W. Hickory, on the square, 940 565 0770.
- Japango, 917 Sunset St., 940 891 6060. Sushi and sashimi, plus other favorites like teriyaki and tempura.
- Trail Dust Steak House, 26551 Hwy 380 West, 940 383 4731. Very famous steakhouse in the country east of town. If you wear a necktie, it may be cut off with scissors by the staff.
- Hannah's Off The Square - 111 W Mulberry St. Casual fine dining restaurant
- Andy's Bar & Grill, 122 N. Locust, 940 565 5400. Busy bar an music venue right on the square.
- Dan's Silverleaf, 103 Industrial St., 940 320 2000, . One of the best live venues in the DFW area.
- Hailey's . Great live venue that plays host to local and national acts. Funk y Salsa on Tuesday Nights. Fifty-two beers on tap.
- Rockin Rodeo, 1009 Ave. C, 940 565 6611. The local honky-tonk.
- Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studio, 411 E Sycamore, 940 387 7781, . In the warehouse district east of downtown, this garage venue hosts a lot of great national acts that skip even Dallas.
Fry Street area
These establishments are all easy to spot from the corner of Fry Street and Hickory. Note also that it is legal to drink alcohol on the street here until 2:30 AM, provided that it is not in a glass container. It is illegal, however, to carry alcohol onto the UNT campus grounds across the street.
- Bottoms Up, 114 Fry Street, 940 382 4362.
- Cool Beans, 1210 W Hickory St., 940 382 7025. Large bar with pool tables, darts, and a rooftop patio, frequent live music by mostly local acts. Try their unique hamburgers. Happy hour specials til 7.
- The Drink - Live music from great local bands.
- Fry Street Tavern, 121 Ave. A, 383 2337.
- Lucky Lou's, 1207 W Hickory St., 940 484 5550. A happening college bar with pool tables inside and a large outdoor patio in front. Happy hour til 7.
- Riprock's - Popular bar with a nice covered outdoor seating area
- Holiday Inn Express, 4485 North I-35 Denton, (Take I-35 North Toward Hwy 380 Exit # 469, Make a left at the light, a right on Mesa keep straight & make a left on Barcelona followed by a right onto Worthington and a right into the Hotel parking lot), ☎ 940-808-0600, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Brand New hotel form 2009, All rooms include mini-refrigerators and microwaves. All room rates include a Hot continental breakfast served daily to all registered hotel guests.
- Heritage Inns Bed and Breakfast cluster, 812-829 North Locust Street, ☎ +1 940 565 6414, . Charming bed and breakfast service in three houses built between 1902 and 1916.
- The Wildwood Inn, 2602 Lillian Miller Parkway, ☎ +1 866 840 0713, . A quaint bed and breakfast located in the country side
- Any destination in Dallas or Fort Worth is easily accessible as a day trip.
- Go shopping at the outlet mall just north of town, or at another one 25 minutes north in Gainesville.
- Lake Ray Roberts is 20 minutes north of town. Facilities are minimal however. Follow Locust street north out of town and watch for the sign pointing out the turn to the right.
- Denton makes a convenient place to stay for events at Texas Motor Speedway  a few miles south of town towards Fort Worth.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!