This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of December.
- 25th: Christmas Day - one of the biggest Christian holidays of the year. Although it has lost its religious significance for many, Christmas is still observed as a public holiday in most Western countries, traditionally a day for families and friends to get together and exchange presents
- 26th: Boxing Day, a public holiday in many Commonwealth countries.
- 26th: The Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race  begins at 1pm
- 31st: New Year's Eve
- Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market)  in Vienna
- 16th: Day of Reconciliation (Public holiday)
- 5th: King's Birthday is father's day, and a public holiday
- 21st, 22nd or 23rd: Midwinter Solsticecelebrations at Stonehenge.