This article is a travel topic
- 5th: King's Birthday is father's day, and a public holiday, in Thailand
- 25th: Christmas Day - one of the biggest Christian holidays of the year. Although it has lost its religious significance for many, Christmas is still observed as a public holiday in most Western countries, traditionally a day for families and friends to get together and exchange presents
- 26th: Boxing Day, a public holiday in many Commonwealth countries.
- the Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market)  in Vienna, capital of Austria
- the Midwinter Solstice (usually 21st, 22nd or23rd) celebrations at Stonehenge.