Daugavpils , the second largest city in Latvia next to Riga.
It is a delightfully charming, spacious, green city. Despite its quaint atmosphere and low prices, the city offers modern conveniences and services. Over the last decade an ice-hall, bowling centre and modern hotels have been built in Daugavpils and diverse entertainment options have appeared throughout the city.
Starptautiskā lidosta Rīga (Riga International Airport) (+371) 7207009, Fax: (+371) 7211767, , .
Valsts akciju sabiedrība “Latvijas dzelzceļš” (Latvian Train Service), . Riga-Daugavpils trains operate four times a day; Riga-Gomel, and Russia trains also operate.
Rīgas Starptautiskā autoosta (Riga Bus Station), . Buses from Riga to Daugavpils leave every two hours.
The drive from Riga takes 3-3 1/2 hours.
- SIA Daugavpils autobusu parks (DAP) (Daugavpils Bus Station), Main Office: Kārklu iela 24, LV-5403 +371 (54) 29245, , . By bus you can go to any part of the city. Tickets are 0,18 LVL.
- Bus Station 'Daugavpils': Viestura iela 10, LV-5403 Tel.: +371 (54) 22507 – dispatcher/ tickets, Tel.: +371 (54) 29866 – dispatcher; Tel.: +371 (54) 23000 – information/ tickets
Daugavpils has three tram routes operating in the city centre.
- AKCIJU SABIEDRĪBA ”TRAMVAJU UZŅĒMUMS” (Daugavpils tram) 18.novembra ielā 183, Daugavpilī, LV-5417, Tel.: 5433632, 5434614, Fax: 5434203 Information Tel.: 5446705 
- SIA ”HOF” (Daugavpils Taxi) 54 22222, available 24 hours a day.
- Taxi stops
- Rigas ielā 9 ( hypermaket 'Rimi')
- Avenu ielā 33 ( supermarket 'Mego')
- intersection of Piekrasties ielā and Rajpoles ielā (supermarket 'Maxima X')
- intersection of Jatnieku ielā and Mendeleeva ielā
- near hotel 'Latgola'
Prices (The prices can change without notice):
- Price: 0,40 Ls
- Day tariff: 0,40 Ls/km
- Night tariff: 0,55 Ls/km
Daugavpils has lots to see. The Daugavpils Turism Information Center can provide specific information and help you coordinate your visit.
Daugavpils novada tūrisma informācijas centrs
Rīgas 22a, Tel.: (+371) 5422818, Fax: (+371) 5422818, E-mail: email@example.com
Attractions in Daugavpils:
19th century architecture in the centre between the Daugava River and the railway station.
The unique Daugavpils fortress (biggest in Europe), which has withstood many many wars and remains virtually unchanged since its construction in the 17th century.
The historical centre of the city consisted of 80 cultural-historical objects presents itself a specific monument of urban construction.
One may be amazed by variety of architecture styles of the buildings, the red clay bricked facades of peculiar form recognized as Latgale baroque.
The church ensemble Jaunbūve, the Church Hill included churches of four confessions, contributes a lot to very special panorama of the city of Daugavpils.
Daugavpils may also be proud of its sport complex. Ice Hall and the open-air swimming pool, one of the biggest open-air swimming pools in the Baltic countries, are the real pride of the city.
Daugavpils is the city that is more endowed with water space than other cities of Latvia. There are 15 lakes, 8 rivers and numerous brooks its territory.
In spite of this the climate is the most continental of the country.
Forests and parks make up the green area with a square of approximately 10 400 ha.
Daugavpils has been growing and developing rapidly getting better and economically more stable day by day.
- The northeast part of the city, Stropi, is a popular recreational area located near the Big Stropu Lake (Lielais Stropu ezers).
- The Daugavpils Musical and Drama Theatre located in the Unity House (1937) in the city centre.
- Did you know that Daugavpils has a race track 'Daugavpils Spidveja centr' on Jelgavas iela 54. So go check out some races.
- Want to go skating? Daugavpils has an amazing Ice hall - Ledus Halle on Stacijas iela 45a.
- But if you want to go bowling or shoot some pool, go to City Center on Viestura iela 8.
- You can also walk on the Daugavpils main street Rigas iela. It is amazing.
- Finally just take a walk around the city and you will see a lots of amazing and beautiful things.
- DAUGAVPILS TIRGUS(Market) Cietokšņa 60, Tel. 54 28252.
All around the city you can find many large and small supermarkets, shopping centres, or just stores.
Restaurant, Cafe, Bar, or other:
- Restorāns “Gubernators” (Lāčplēša ielā 10) Tel. 54 22455
- Bistro “Vita” (Rīgas ielā 22a) Tel. 54 27706
- Restorāns “Rotko panorama bārs” (Ģimnāzijas ielā 46) Tel. 54 04911
- Bārs “Loby” (Ģimnāzijas 46) Tel. 54 04912
- Bārs-bistro “Vēsma” (Rīgas ielā 49) Tel. 54 44350
- Bistro “Grill Niko” (Viestura 25 – 1a) Tel. 54 24887
- Kafejnīca “Arabika” (Viestura ielā 8) Tel. 54 02600
- Kafejnīca “Dr. Pinta” (Ģimnāzijas ielā 16) Tel. 9480208
- Kafejnīca “Pasaules brīnumi” (Vienības ielā 17) Tel. 5920000
- Kafejnīca “Pīlādzis” (Saules ielā 12) Tel. 54 20944
- Kafejnīca “Sindi” (Viestura 60) Tel. 54 21733
- Kafejnīca “Tvingo –Picca” (Mihoelsa ielā 7) Tel. 54 22111
- Restorāns “Afrodīte” (S. Mihoelsa 52) Tel. 9289065
- Restorāns “Eiropa” ( Viestura ielā 8) Tel. 54 02600
- Restorāns “Klasiko” (Ģimnāzijas ielā 46) Tel. 54 04910
- Kafejnīca “Lidadis” (Rīgas ielā 14) Tel. 54 76660
- Restorāns “ Taller” (Viestura ielā 59) Tel. 54 24983
Look at Eat section above for restaurants and more. Gubernators has a great selection of beers from Latvia and the Czech Republic on tap.
- Hotel "Park Hotel Latgola" Gimnazijas Street 46, Tel. 54 04900, . A new three star hotel.
- Hotel "Villa Ksenija" Varšavas iela 17, Tel. 54 34317, .
- Hotel "Paparde" Tērvetes iela 17, Tel. 54 02180, .
There are also many more small hotels.
From Daugavpils one can travel to Lithuania, Belarus, and/or Russia because the city is located close to the boarders of these countries.
Or go anywhere else in Latvia.