Dambulla is a city in Central province of Sri Lanka.
Buses from Colombo, Kandy, Sigiriya and other places arrive regularly at the Dambulla bus station located 1 km outside of the town on Kandy road.
A tuk tuk from the Dambulla bus station to the Cave temple costs 100 LKR (May 2013).
Dambulla cave temple (Golden Temple), (Entrance on Kandy Road). The main if not the only attraction of the town. Caves are accessible after 10 minutes of stone stairs climbing. These five caves contains well conserved statues and paintings. The sight hardly worth the entry fee. The entrance is 1500 LKR (Dec 2015) for foreigners. Note that the Cultural Triangle ticket does not include access to the caves, and is valid only for the Dambulla museum. Ticket is checked only right at the entrance of the caves, and if you are not having the proper ticket, you will have to go all the way down to get one. The ticket counter is in the left side of hte horrible lion building of the Golden Temple, so ensure you have a proper ticket before starting your climb. edit
- Kassapa Lions Rock, Digampathana , Kimbissa, Dambulla, Sri Lanka, ☎ + 94 66 5677440, . Kassapa Lions Rock is located at Dambulla, Sri Lanka. Some of the famous trourist spots that you can visit while staying here are Sigiriya Rock, and Minneriya National Park. It offers 31 superior rooms with a veranda that opens to a mini garden, all of which have air-conditioning, satellite TV, and and mini-bar. Fill your senses by dining at their Sakya Bar. It has local and international cocktails and spirits while enjoying the scenery of Sigiriya and Pidurangala Rocks. Best rates on official website start at USD 55.00. edit
- Amaya Lake, Kap Ela, Kandalama, Dambulla, Central Province 21100, Sri Lanka, ☎ +94 66 4461500, +94 114 767 800, . Capture the essence of Sri Lankan culture at Amaya Lake in Dambulla, Sri Lanka. With a home-away-from-home ambience, Amaya Lake offers several services such as 24-hour room service, Business services, 24-hour laundry service, Babysitting services and more. In addition to that, Amaya Lake is also well facilitated with Swimming pool, Restaurants, Spa and Resort shopping. edit
- Heritance Kandalama Hotel, ☎ +94 66 5555000 +94 773043554 (email@example.com), . edit
- Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa, Madahapola Road, Alipallama, Melsiripura, ☎ (+94) (0) 667 500 500, . Their boutique hotel in Sri Lanka offers rooms equipped with 300 count Egyptian cotton bed-linen, over-sized beds with soft cushions & pillows, mini bar, free internet connection, air conditioner, DVD player, satellite TV, bathroom with hot and cold water. Some of its facilities and services are reception, restaurant, bar, lounge, swimming pool, spa, jacuzzi, 24 hour room service, 24 hour on call doctor, laundry service and free use of internet. Rates start at USD 212.50. edit
- Dambulla City Hostel, 320/25 Kurunegala Road, Dambulla, Sri Lanka (From Colombo you can take a Bus from the main bus stand in Pettah which is stationed close to Colombo Fort railway station, Many buses go through Dambulla on the way both east and north. Buses Number 15 and 48 are a good choice and the trip from Pettah bus stand takes 4.5-5.5 hours depends on traffic.), ☎ +94 76 561 6223, . The 3rd hostel of the chain Hostels Lanka. Backpack hostel in Dambulla is good place for meet travelers, spend your days with fun, and start your trips to Cultural places of Sri Lanka. 24-hour reception, 24-hour laundry service, free 4G internet, lounge area, pool, sport yard, mini garden. 15$. edit
- Sujatha Tourist Rest, Kurunegala Junction, A9, Dambulla, Sri Lanka, ☎ +94 66 2 284922. Located near A9 and A6 junction bus station, very easy to catch buses to all destination. Some of its facilities and services are reception, restaurant, luggage storage, free wifi. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner are provided on request. 15$. edit
- Isuru City Hotel, Kurunegala-Dambulla Rd (1 km before city center), A6, Dambulla, Sri Lanka. Very clean. As of Feb 2016 so new that still can find construction debris. Free wifi. Can bargain price. 2000 Rs. edit
- There are several buses to Colombo from the bus station, it would cost you about 140 LKR in non A/C buses.
- Buses to Kandy are approximately 190LKR (AirCon small bus) or 100LKR by regular bus.
- Dambulla cave temples would take you only an hour or two, so you should be visiting Sigiriya the same day. Bus to Sigiriya can be obtained from the Dambulla bus station, LKR40. (Dec 2015)
- A tuk tuk to Sigirya will cost 700- 1000 LKR (May 2013). If they won't go down in price, tell them you are taking the bus.
- Buses to Anuradhapura are approximately 190LKR (AirCon small bus) or 130LKR by regular bus.
- Buses to Polonnaruwa will cost 90LKR by regular bus (Dec 2015).