Uptown is the part of Dallas north of Dallas/Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs, between the Central Expressway and I-35E. It includes the University Park and Highland Park neighborhoods, among others.
- Highland Park Village  offers something for the silver spooned set. Generally credited with being the nation's first modern shopping mall, Highland Park Village houses a variety of upscale brands, including Jimmy Choo, Escada, Ralph Lauren, and Hermes.
- North Park Mall, 8687 N Central Expy, 214 363 5018. After completing a significant renovation and expansion in 2006, Northpark is the largest and generally regarded as the nicest shopping center in Texas. Expect to spend some money if you go there as it is filled with high-end stores and chains, though stores such as Dillards, which cater to the more budget conscious, still abound. Northpark contains much of the Nasher family's modern art collection, and is well worth a visit for art and architecture lovers.
- There are some good antique stores in the Knox-Henderson area.
- West Village, 3699 McKinney Ave, tel. 469 547 9650. Trendy shopping mall for the 20/30-somethings.
It must be said that a bona fide "foodie" would be remiss to skip the fabulous restaurants that line McKinney Avenue and environs -- if there's one arena in which Dallas merits its own pretentions to "world-class" status, it's in its varied, creative restaurants, where quasi-celebrity chefs hold forth with true flair. Just to the north of McKinney is the Knox-Henderson area. It is similar but more laid-back. The west side of highway is Knox Street. This is just on the edge of Highland Park, and it features a plethora of home-decorating boutiques as well as eateries and watering holes. Cross the freeway and Knox becomes Henderson -- bastion of hip but laid-back eateries, check out Hibiscus, Cuba Libre, and Fireside Pies.
- Abacus, 4511 McKinney Ave, +1 214-559-3111, . Knox-Henderson favorite from celebrity chef Kent Rathbun features Top Chef star Tre Wilcox as chef de cuisine. 5-star rated by the Dallas News and Zagat rated "Most Popular" in Dallas.
- Gloria's is probably the best and most well known El Salvadoran/Tex-Mex in Dallas with locations in UpTown, Addison, & Bishop Arts Disctrict. Great food & Margaritas. Definitely try a Meltdown. Very cheap.
- Kathleen's Art Cafe, 4424 Lovers Lane, University Park, +1 214-691-2355 (delivery: +1 469-330-9700), . The food is creative, succulent, and flavorful, and it is served in a unique atmosphere of bare brick walls hung with local art. The menu is diverse, from lamb medallions to wild mushroom pizza to sesame-crusted catfish to penne with sausage, prosciutto, and goat cheese. Adjoining the restaurant is Kathleen's Art Bakery,where perfect cakes, pies, and pastries are created, and if you have room after the generous dinner portions, they will be happy to bring you a dessert to top it all off. Their Sunday special is indeed a special, If you order ANY beverage (even iced tea), the entrees are two-for-one! The restaurant only has about 20 tables, so the atmosphere is very intimate. Reservations are only recommended after 7PM on Friday or Saturday.
- La Paesana, 4326 Lovers Lane, +1 214-890-1811, Located in University Park along the "Miracle Mile", offering a cozy and relaxed setting while serving the finest in Italian cuisine. Popular Sunday Brunch where you will find a variety of egg dishes served along with many Italian favorites and Specialty drinks, Margaritas, Champagne Mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys.
- Mi Cocina. Arguably the best Tex-Mex in Dallas. Without question the best frozen margarita. The flagship restaurant is Highland Park Village. Mi Cocina has other locations throughout Dallas, including Preston at Forest and in West Village.
- Primos!. Another of the best tex-mex spots in Dallas, off McKinney. Delicious and good for people-watching on the patio.
- Roti Grill, near Knox Exit I-75. Excellent food. Fresh homemade paneer (indian cheese) served with different gravy. $10-15 per person.
- Shinsei, 7713 Inwood Road, +1 214-352-0005, . Up-and-coming restaurant and sushi bar run by Tracy Rathbun and Lynae Fearing, wives of Dallas Super Chefs Kent Rathbun and Dean Fearing, features a creative Asian fusion menu. Chef Casey Thompson was a Top Chef Season 3 finalist and fan favorite.
- Sonny Bryans, . Probably Dallas' most famous barbeque restaurant, and a beloved local institution that has served everyone from celebrities to Presidents. Although there are now several locations, the original, and many say the best, is at 2202 Inwood, between Maple and Harry Hines. Get there early, though, because they close when they run out of food, which pretty much always happens at lunchtime. If in the mood for authentic local barbeque, you can't go wrong at Sonny Bryans'.
The area bound by Haskell on the north, Woodall Rogers Freeway on the south, Turtle Creek on the west and Central Expressway on the east is where Dallas' beautiful people go to see and be seen. Trendy to the nth degree, this neighborhood contains very upscale fashionable clubs. Some of the hottest clubs, Medici, the Candleroom, and Sense are private. If you want to check out one of these places be sure to go with someone that is a member or have a concierge call ahead for you. Wish and Republic are also cool nightspots, with no membership required. No shorts, jeans, team jerseys, tennis shoes, or flip-flops.
- Candleroom - 5039 Willis Ave., Tel.214-370-4155
- Medici  - 2404 Cedar Springs Rd., Tel.214-855-0202
- Republic Restaurant and Bar  - 2922 N Hall St., Tel.214-740-1111
- Sense - 3001 N Henderson. Tel. 214-370-4445
- Wish Ultra Lounge - 3001 Knox St Ste 210, Tel.214-389-5723
- Dallas Texas Hostel, 2807 Bachman Drive, +1 214 352-4991, . Beds start at $20 per night.
- Hotel Zaza - 2332 Leonard St., Tel: 800.597.8399, . A luxury hotel located in the Business, Arts, and Entertainment District of Uptown Dallas. This boutique hotel features a variety of concept suites, meeting and wedding facilities, luxury day spa, and dining and nightlife spaces.
- The Mansion on Turtle Creek, 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd., Tel (214) 559-2100, . This five star luxury hotel near downtown Dallas offers guest room and suite accommodations, fine private dining, meeting space and wedding facilities, complimentary Lexus luxury sedan service, and more.