'''Uptown''' is the part of [[Dallas]] north of [[Dallas/Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs]], between
I-75 and Central Expressway. It includes the University Park and Highland Park neighborhoods, among others. |+|
'''Uptown''' is the part of [[Dallas]] north of [[Dallas/Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs]], between Central Expressway . It includes the University Park and Highland Park neighborhoods, among others.
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 07:06, 20 February 2008
Uptown is the part of Dallas north of Dallas/Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs, between the Central Expressway and I-35E. It includes the University Park and Highland Park neighborhoods, among others.
- Dallas Love Field is located in the western reaches of Uptown.
- Gloria's is probably the best and most well known El Salvadoran/Tex-Mex in Dallas with locations in UpTown, Addison, & Bishop Arts Disctrict. Great food & Margaritas. Definitely try a Meltdown. Very cheap.
- Kathleen's Art Cafe, 4424 Lovers Lane, University Park, +1 214-691-2355 (delivery: +1 469-330-9700), . The food is creative, succulent, and flavorful, and it is served in a unique atmosphere of bare brick walls hung with local art. The menu is diverse, from lamb medallions to wild mushroom pizza to sesame-crusted catfish to penne with sausage, prosciutto, and goat cheese. Adjoining the restaurant is Kathleen's Art Bakery,where perfect cakes, pies, and pastries are created, and if you have room after the generous dinner portions, they will be happy to bring you a dessert to top it all off. Their Sunday special is indeed a special, If you order ANY beverage (even iced tea), the entrees are two-for-one! The restaurant only has about 20 tables, so the atmosphere is very intimate. Reservations are only recommended after 7PM on Friday or Saturday.
- La Paesana, 4326 Lovers Lane, +1 214-890-1811, Located in University Park along the "Miracle Mile", offering a cozy and relaxed setting while serving the finest in Italian cuisine. Popular Sunday Brunch where you will find a variety of egg dishes served along with many Italian favorites and Specialty drinks, Margaritas, Champagne Mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys.
- Mi Cocina. Arguably the best Tex-Mex in Dallas. Without question the best frozen margarita. The flagship restaurant is Highland Park Village. Mi Cocina has other locations throughout Dallas, including Preston at Forest and in West Village.
- Primos!. Another of the best tex-mex spots in Dallas, off McKinney. Delicious and good for people-watching on the patio.
- Shinsei, 7713 Inwood Road, +1 214-352-0005, . Up-and-coming restaurant and sushi bar run by Tracy Rathbun and Lynae Fearing, wives of Dallas Super Chefs Kent Rathbun and Dean Fearing, features a creative Asian fusion menu. Chef Casey Thompson was a Top Chef Season 3 finalist and fan favorite.
- Sonny Bryans, . Probably Dallas' most famous barbeque restaurant, and a beloved local institution that has served everyone from celebrities to Presidents. Although there are now several locations, the original, and many say the best, is at 2202 Inwood, between Maple and Harry Hines. Get there early, though, because they close when they run out of food, which pretty much always happens at lunchtime. If in the mood for authentic local barbeque, you can't go wrong at Sonny Bryans'.
The area bound by Haskell on the north, Woodall Rogers Freeway on the south, Turtle Creek on the west and Central Expressway on the east is where Dallas' beautiful people go to see and be seen. Trendy to the nth degree, this neighborhood contains very upscale fashionable clubs. Some of the hottest clubs, Medici, the Candleroom, and Sense are private. If you want to check out one of these places be sure to go with someone that is a member or have a concierge call ahead for you. Wish and Republic are also cool nightspots, with no membership required. No shorts, jeans, team jerseys, tennis shoes, or flip-flops.
- Candleroom - 5039 Willis Ave., Tel.214-370-4155
- Medici  - 2404 Cedar Springs Rd., Tel.214-855-0202
- Republic Restaurant and Bar  - 2922 N Hall St., Tel.214-740-1111
- Sense - 3001 N Henderson. Tel. 214-370-4445
- Wish Ultra Lounge - 3001 Knox St Ste 210, Tel.214-389-5723
- Dallas Texas Hostel, 2807 Bachman Drive, +1 214 352-4991, . Beds start at $20 per night.
- Hotel Zaza - 2332 Leonard St., Tel: 800.597.8399, . A luxury hotel located in the Business, Arts, and Entertainment District of Uptown Dallas. This boutique hotel features a variety of concept suites, meeting and wedding facilities, luxury day spa, and dining and nightlife spaces.
- The Mansion on Turtle Creek, 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd., Tel (214) 559-2100, . This five star luxury hotel near downtown Dallas offers guest room and suite accommodations, fine private dining, meeting space and wedding facilities, complimentary Lexus luxury sedan service, and more.