East Dallas is the part of Dallas bordered by Garland to the north and Mesquite and Grand Prarie to the east.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, . Located along the south banks of White Rock Lake.
- Back Country Bar B Q, 6940 Greenville Ave., +1 214-696-6940. A favorite in Dallas as one of the best BBQ restaurants.
- Cafe Istanbul, 5450 W Lovers Lane. +1 214 902 0919, http://www.cafe-istanbul.net/home.htm. The only Turkish Restaurant in Dallas, upscale but reasonably priced $25 per person. Try the Yogurtlu Kebab, dolma, and the Karisik Izgara.
- La Calle Doce, 1925 Skillman Ave., +1 214-824-9900, . Some of the best Mexican seafood food in town.
- Sushi House, 5619 W Lovers Lane. Phone: +1 214-350-2100, Delivery: +1 469-330-9700. House specials included spicy crab sushi – a tangle of sweet crabmeat reddened by chili oil laid over rice and bound tightly by seaweed. As well as the asparagus sushi - two stalks of asparagus quick-fried in tempura batter and fastened to a rice mound by a seaweed strip. The sushi-sashimi combo provides an easy-to-handle sampling with eight sushi items, three sashimi (slices of fish, no rice) and a California roll. Served with miso soup, enhanced by an appetizer, it made for a decent meal that was fun for two to split. The chef selects the items on the combo plate. Japanese dishes such as vegetable tempura, crispy-battered vegetables such as eggplant and sweet potato, cut into big flat discs, as well as sliced onion and whole green beans. Food and drink will be delivered promptly by one of the gracious staff members and escorted to one of the tables or the abbreviated sushi bar wedged into this small, cozy space.
- Trinity Hall Pub, at Mockingbird Station
 - A laid back Irish pub.