Dachau,  is a city with about 40,000 citizens in Bavaria, Germany and has a history of more than 1,200 years. In former times Dachau had always been a retreat for Bavarian kings, dukes and nobility, the castle and the surrounding gardens offering a staggering view on the Alps and Munich weather permitting. Dachau became a town famous for its impressionist painters from the second half of the 19th century on. With the advent of the Nazi regime, Dachau was chosen in 1933 as site for their very first concentration camp. This has cast a pall over the rest of this small and pleasant town on the outskirts of Munich. Dachau served as a camp for political prisoners mainly and finally ended up being a staging ground to ship prisoners to Eastern death camps in Poland and elsewhere, though approximately 42,000 people were killed at the camp itself and its 169 sub-camps.
Today Dachau has a big cultural scene as well as a still impressive picture-perfect old town and castle. The concentration camp remains as a memorial to its dark history is maintained and visited by thousands every year.
Gates of the concentration camp (Arbeit Macht Frei meaning "work will set you free")
- Public Transportation: The S-2 from Munich runs to the center of town.
- Train Regional trains run from Munich Hauptbahnhof every hour or so and take approximately thirty minutes to reach Dachau.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, Alte Römerstraße 75, D - 85221 Dachau (Bus 724 or 726 from Dachau station), ☎ +49(0)8131 - 669970, . 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesdays to Sundays. The memorial provides several services including: # Audio guides (€ 3) # A brief introduction (€ 1.50) # Guided tours for individuals (€ 3; book in advance) # Guided tours for groups (€ 65 for up to 30 people; book in advance) Free.
- Several tours run from Munich costing about € 20, including transportation.,
- Dachau Old Town
- City Hall
- Dachau Castle
- Castle Garden
- vantage travel international (vantage travel international travel to egypt), 167 haram st giza egypt, . VANTAGE TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL, EGYPT was formed and is managed by a group of professionals, with a strong passion for the travel business. Slowly, but surely they managed to form a big and strong team which covers all tourist destinations of Egypt. VANTAGE, Egypt is affiliated with NOWA ITAKA, one of the biggest Tour Operators in Europe. The company has investments and assets in hotels, Nile Cruises and other sectors. Our Mission: VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt - Presenting Egypt in different ways to make your trip a life time experience With 25 years of experienced team VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt your travel opportunities of all kinds, of all forms, and for everyone. We, at VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt, believe in presenting Egypt in a way that is quite unique and unexplored. We want to show you the possibilities that are immense and unending. Come to Egypt, explore the deserts, take chances and cruise the Nile, bask under the glory of sun god and relax on the golden beaches of the red and Mediterranean seas, enjoy the world`s oldest pyramids and temples, or take a relaxing Felucca ride. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt will provide you all the facilities whilst you are on your personal journey - the journey of a lifetime. Possibilities are Unlimited - You only need your imagination to find them and guts to live them. Our mission is to provide Quality and excellence to our customers promptly and exclusively. All the professionals at VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt are masters of their trade and each brings with him/her a unique set of experience adding value to the traveler`s overall experience of the country. We Simply know what a traveler anticipates and more than that we know what it takes to satisfy them. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt, is a proactive travel organization in Egypt tourism industry. We are a professionally managed closely held agency and management control is vested with the first generation promoter entrepreneurs. Transaction level operations are executed by a team of professionally qualified professionals, who are well versed with the complexities of Travel & Tourism Trade. Our guest service team has a strong experience in tourism industry. The team is well aware and equipped to cater to requirements of various market segments and understanding of tourism in Egypt. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt is well known of providing the travelers interested in visiting Egypt with all travel services under one roof. The Right COMPANY : VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt is recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of Egypt, as a tour operator and travel agent. Apart from the official recognition, we are also proud to be associated with some of the national and international august bodies in travel and tourism industry. These affiliations give VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt the credibility of being a serious player in travel business and help it get greater access to the resource and knowledge base of these professional bodies. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt is a member of:- Egyptian Travel agents Association (ETA) – ETA is the premier trade body of inbound Tour Operators in Egypt who strive for the growth of Egypt tourism industry and strive to provide quality services to our visitors. The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) - ASTA is the world`s largest association of travel professionals. Their members include travel agents and the companies whose products they sell, such as tours, cruises, hotels, car rentals, etc. They are the leading advocate for travel agents, the travel industry and the traveling public. The ASTA logo is recognized around the world as a symbol of professionalism and integrity. The Association of Egypt Travel Businesses on the Internet (AETBI) – AETBI members include some of the largest, most respected travel companies, including the largest tour operators in Egypt, as well as many reputable tour organizers in other countries that deal with Egyptian tours specifically. The Association of British travel agents (ABTA) - ABTA represents over 5,000 travel agencies and more than 900 tour operations, throughout the British Isles and the world. Members range from small, specialist tour operators and independent travel agencies through to publicly-listed companies and household names; from call centers to internet booking services to high street shops. All of them carry the ABTA logo, which means choice, value, and high levels of service. OUR SERVICES : Tours of Egypt We have been operating a variety of activity-based tours for our Groups and Individual tourists and have been able to mastermind them with great deal of efficiency. The company specializes in inbound tours and offers a host of tourism related services to inbound tourists in Egypt and neighboring countries like Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. Amongst the other travel related services offered by us are: Hotel Booking in Egypt : Individual or group booking in any hotel of any category and in any part of Egypt can be provided instantly. Owing to our very good connections with the hotels in almost every part of the country, we are always in a position to offer very lucrative discounted rates to our clients. Please enter our hotel query form and just let us know the name of city and category of hotel and wait for some time. Our professionals will get back to you in no time with a number of suitable options. Air Booking for Egypt : Our exceptionally good relations with the Domestic Airlines enable us to come up with very good discounts for our clients. Our online reservation system helps us in confirming the bookings instantly even in the very busy sectors. Itinerary Planning and Tailor Made Holiday : We at VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt have long been helping our guests with necessary arrangements in many exciting programs, and we shall take pleasure in doing so for you at any given point of time. Just tell us the time of arrival & departure, the total duration of travel and your approximate budget. Rest all leave to us. Transportation : We have a large fleet of cars / coaches at our disposal, and having the fleet itself is not enough, we need to see that we use best transport for our clients, and provide them a good value for their money, hence we have maintained a separate department taking care of all our transport requirements. Nile cruise Booking : Our Nile cruise department represent most of Nile cruises in Egypt with all different categories. Our cruise professionals are specialized in providing sincere advice on planning Nile cruises. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt focus exclusively on providing the best Nile cruise experience to our guests. We offer clear, objective information to take the guesswork out of selecting a Nile cruise. VANTAGE TRAVEL, Egypt also offer the following: Meet and assist in all ports and airports of Egypt, Eco tours and desert safari, Charter flights handling, Museums and in-depth Egyptology tours, Biblical trips and shore excursions.
- Dachau Painting Gallery The Dachau Painting Gallery (Dachauer Gemäldegalerie in German) has a representative permanent collection of typical landscape and genre paintings of the 19th and early 20th century. Dachau was the site of one of the most important - in terms of art history - German artist colonies at that time, which had a large impact on the development of modern art in the twentieth century. Famous painters, such as Christian Morgenstern, Carl Spitzweg, Eduard Schleich the Elder or Adolf Hölzel, Ludwig Dill and Arthur Langhammer prized the moor landscape of Dachau as an attractive motif. Special exhibitions vary.
- District Museum of Dachau The District Museum (Bezirksmuseum in German), which received the Bavarian Museum Award in 1993, reflects the cultural history of the town of Dachau and the surrounding county. On three floors you find numerous impressive exhibits illustrating settlement forms and town history, guild and market law, crafts and trade, everyday life and festive traditions, religious folklore and much more. Special exhibitions deal with various aspects of cultural history.
Original Bavarian Beer Garden
- Alte Liebe, Im Lus 4, Mitterndorf, +49 8131 667131,
- Drei Rosen, Muenchner Str. 5, Dachau, +49 8131 84363, ,
- Zieglerbraeu, Konrad-Adenauer-Str.8, Dachau, +49 8131 454396, 
- Seven Days, Schleißheimer Str. 12, Dachau, +49 8131 299877
- The Harp, Pfarrstr. 3, Dachau, +49 8131 86258
- Café GRAMSCI, Burgfriedenstraße 3, Dachau, 49 8131 669102
- Youth Hostel ("Jugendgästehaus"), Roßwachtstraße; Bus 726 "Saubachsiedlung"
- Pension Herzog, 85241 Hebertshausen, Walpersthofen 3 (at S2 Station Hebertshausen), ☎ +49 8131 735833. Bavarian B&B.
Tourist Information Dachau
Tel. +49 8131/75-286 or -287,
Fax +49 8131/75-150