City name is a city in Northern Turkmenistan.
Dasoguz is a town mainly from Soviet times. It has a good hotel and serves as a starting point for the visit of Konye Urgench and as transit point for Urgench and Khiva in Uzbekistan.
Turkmenistan Airlines operates 6 flights per day from Ashgabat and 4 flights per week from Turkmenbashi. The flight from Ashgabat takes about 50 minutes and costs about US$ 12 one way.The airport is 14km south of the city.
There are regular bus services from Ashgabat (12 to 18 hours, US$ 4 to 5 one way) and infreqent services from Turkmenabat (10 hours, US$ 3 to 4). The bus station is in the north of the city, near Bai Bazar. There are regular buses from Konye Urgench (2 hours, US$ 1).
There is one train per day from Ashgabat (24 hours, US$ 3) and one from Konye Urgench (2 hours, US$ 1). The railway station is on Woksai köcesi, about 600 meters East of Gurbansoltan köcesi.
- Dinosaur sculptures in the town center
- Bai Bazaar, colourful market
- Hotel Dashogus, Turkmenbashi sayoli 5. hotel from Soviet times US$ 8-16.
- Hotel Uzboy, Turkmenbasho sayoli 19/1, ☎ 26015. the newest hotel in town US$30-50.
- Hotel Diyarbekir, Turkmenbashi sayoli, ☎ 59037. modern hotel under Turkish management, restaurant with Russian and traditional Turkmen food US$ 40-80.