Cruz Bay is the main town on Saint John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The harbor for this town is filled with sailboats from around the world. The small town square is the center of commerce, with many small bars, restaurants and shops. Within walking distance is a car rental, supermarket, and Mongoose Junction, a collection of upscale shops for clothing, jewelry, etc. You can buy fresh bread at the bakery there. Nestled in the hills around the bay are hotels and apartments. You can catch a taxi at the town square to take you to the various places of interest for a nominal fee, or sit at an outdoor table sipping rum drinks with little parasols in them.
There is no airport on St. John. Ferries and car ferries run regularly between Cruz Bay and Saint Thomas; and also Tortola, Virgin Gorda, and Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands.
- Caneel Bay, . Learn more about all you can do and see at Caneel Bay
- Captain's Corner, Duty-free liquor & souvenirs, 340-776-6284, 
- Woody's, happy hour 3-6pm daily, dollar drink
The most fun in St. John, right off the ferry to the bar.
- Caneel Bay Resort, Phone: 340-776-6111, 800-928-8889, .
- Gallows Point Resort, Phone: 340-776-6434, 800-323-7229, .
- Hillcrest Guest House, (in Cruz Bay), ☎ +1-340-776-6774 & +1-340-998-8388 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Built and established in 1966 by the Hall Family. Ocean views all around, complimentary food, honeymoon package and free Wi-Fi available. Kitchenette or kitchen in all suites. Rates begin at $195/day or $1,200/week.
- Inn at Tamarind Court, Phone: 340-776-6378, 800-221-1637, .
- Jasmine Beach Cottage | #16 Peter Bay, (in Peter Bay), ☎ +1-340-777-6474 (email@example.com), . Built by Ethlyn Lindqvist Hall. Ocean views all around, private beach, honeymoon, full kitchen and next to Trunk Bay Beach. Rates begin at $300/day to $450/day.
- The Westin Resort St. John, Phone: 340-693-8000, 800-WESTIN-1, .