Cramlington is a town of 40,000 people in south-east Northumberland, United Kingdom. It has a long and varied history.
Cramlington is around 25 minutes' drive along the A1 (signposted) from Newcastle upon Tyne, and about 8 hours' drive from London. It is served by Newcastle International Airport, from which taxis and the 101 bus go through Cramlington. Trains from Newcastle Central Station also arrive at Cramlington's rail station.
As Cramlington is quite compact, walking is the main choice, however cycle routes are plentiful and run to Blyth and Seaton Delaval. Buses, such as the C1, circle the town and are relatively inexpensive (around £1 return).
- St. Nicholas' Church, Church Street, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1DU (in the village square), +44 01670 714271, . Wednesday 10am - 11am, Sunday 8am - 12am. Built in 1835, the Church of St. Nicholas is in Gothic style and is the centrepiece of the town. The churchyard holds graves from the mid-1500s.
- The Spoon, Seghill (accessible on foot, from the underpass opposite the Bay Horse pub on the A189 in the east of the town). A large, unique aluminium spoon in fields near Cramlington.
- Concordia Leisure Centre, Concordia Leisure Centre, Forum Way, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 6YB (near Manor Walks), +44 01670 542222 (Fax: 01670 590648), . Monday - Friday 7am - 10pm, Saturday 9am - 8.30pm, Sunday 9am - 10pm. A leisure centre with a bowls green, snooker tables, a 25-metre leisure pool, a gym, softplay for kids, cafeterias, vending machines and a bar. Squash, badminton and tennis courts as well as indoor football pitches are also attached. A variety of fitness classes run regularly and conference rooms can be hired. Around £2.50 for swimming, extra for other activities.
- Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Cramlington, Northumberland NE23 6UT (near the centre of the village), +44 01670 735023. Monday - Saturday, 6.30am - 11pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm. A large shopping centre in the middle of Cramlington. Two supermarkets (ASDA and Sainsbury's), as well as clothing shops, video game shops and bakeries. Also attached are restaurants (Domino's Pizza, Subway and McDonald's) and a plethora of banks, jewellers, hair salons and estate agents. ATMs are available.
- Cramlington Market and Car Boot Sale, near Manor Walks Shopping Centre. Wednesday, 7am - 3pm. A market and car boot sale offering fresh meat, fish and household goods as well as toys, games, electronics, clothing, upholstery and haberdashery at lower prices. Not held in bad weather.
- Panucci's, Smithy Square, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 6QL, +44 01670 714444, . Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 12 noon - 2pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5.30pm - 7pm. Italian restaurant offering wide variety of dishes, including a Happy Hour all night Monday and Tuesday, with two courses for £6.50. Ornate setting with frescoes and candles. £10-20 for two courses with drinks.
- San Lorenzo, Old Church, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1DN. +44 01670 735222 (Fax: +44 01670 715451) . Monday - Sunday 12.30pm - 7.30pm. Upmarket Italian restaurant with a variety of drinks and dishes in an authentic Italian setting in an old chapel. Has a bar/club attached. £15-25.
- Dragon Inn, 4 Old Parish Hall, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 6UW. +44 01670 738333. . Small authentic Chinese restaurant. Offers an all you can eat buffet on Wednesdays and Sundays for £9.50. Specialises in Cantonese food and seafood. £10-20.
- Brockwell Fish and Chips, Unit 2, Brockwell Centre, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1XZ. +44 01670 738800. Monday - Saturday 2pm - 4pm, 6pm - 11pm. Serves fish, chips, sausage, kebabs and other foods, as well as cold drinks. Take-away only. £3-6.
- Lal Qila, Dudley Lane, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 6UW. +44 01670 734268. . Monday - Thursday 12 noon - 2.30pm and 6pm - 11.30pm, Friday - Saturday 12 noon - 2.30pm and 6pm - 12.30am, Sunday 7pm - 11.30pm. A prize-winning curry restaurant specialising in Tandoori and Balti. A massive variety of authentic Indian dishes, starters and sundries, as well as an extensive wine list, all in an Indian atmosphere. £15-20.
- The Blagdon Arms, Village Square, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1DN. +44 01670 731162. Sunday - Thursday 12 noon - 11pm, Friday - Saturday 12 noon to midnight. A large variety of drinks and pub food, with music, television and pub quizzes (Tuesday and Sunday) all within a 99-year-old Grade II listed building as well as a beer garden with patio heaters. £2.20 draft/bottle beers, £10 wine. Children welcome until 7pm. Food served until 9pm.
- The Plough, Middle Farm Buildings, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1DN. +44 01670 737633. Monday - Sunday 11am - 11pm. A homely, family friendly pub with fruit machines, and a variety of pub food and drink. Also has TV screens and a regular pub quiz and a beer garden. Children welcome until 7pm.
- San Lorenzo, Old Church, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1DN. +44 01670 735222 (Fax: +44 01670 715451) . A modern bar below the aforementioned restaurant with similar opening times. £3 beer, £12.50 wine. Cocktails available.
- Premier Inn, Moor Farm Roundabout, Annitsford, Cramlington, Tyne And Wear, NE23 7QA. +44 08701977188 (Fax: +44 0191 2502216). . From £53 per night. A large hotel out of the centre of Cramlington, with attached restaurant and McDonald's. Under a flight path, but comfortable and affordable.
Cramlington is well-connected to Newcastle, Blyth, South Shields and Killingworth by a bus network, with many bus stops and timetables posted. Trains run hourly to Newcastle and Gateshead.