Cradock is a town in the Karoo portion of the Eastern Cape of South Africa, on the banks of the Great Fish River.
Cradock lies between Port Elizabeth and Middelburg on the N10 and between Graaff-Reinet and Queenstown on the R61.
The main companies stop in Cradock at the main street (at night though) on their Johannesburg - Port Elizabeth run.
Spoornet  operates regular trains from Cradock north to Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, and south to Port Elizabeth. The train station is on Kerk Street, across the river from town.
There is no public transportation system in Cradock. You can take a minibus taxi, but it is not recommended. Cradock is small enough to go site seeing by foot and a lot of interesting places are in close proximity to the town.
Dutch Reformed Church dating to 1868
- Egg Rock, (About 8km outside the town on the way to Queenstown. You will need a bakkie or 4x4 to get to the site (Follow directions to the airfield and then directions to Eggrock from there).). A 10 meter high egg shaped rock standing on its own.
- Visit Mountain Zebra National Park, 14km North-West of town on the way to Middelburg
- Cradock Spa, ☎ +27 (0)48 881-2709. Open for day visitors from 6:45AM to 7:30PM. A modern natural spring spa. R7 for a day visit, contact the office for overnight chalet or camping rates.
- Metal objects. Next to the main road leading out of Cradock towards Port Elizabeth you will find many metal objects for sale. The wind pump replicas are especially well crafted.
- Albert House, 40 Dundas Str, ☎ +27 (0) 48 881-4624 (email@example.com). Albert House is a beautiful early Victorian Manor House, set in a large tranquil shaded garden. From R270pps.
- Cradock House, 98 JA Calata Str (Across from the main sports grounds), ☎ +27 (0) 48 881-3468. checkin: flexible; checkout: 10h00. Establishment consist of 5 rooms and 2 self catering garden cottages. Facilities include swimming pool, secure parking, BBQ and light meals served. Guesthouse also has a liquor licence. R200 +. (S 32.16274,E 025.61610)
- Die Tuishuise, 36 Market Str, ☎ +27 (0)48 881-1322 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 25 old houses restored to the way they were when the English and Dutch settlers lived in them during the late 1800's. From R440pps.
- Heritage House, 45 Bree Str, ☎ +27 (0)48 881-3210 (email@example.com), . Sleep and relax in one of the oldest houses in town. R285pps.