Coyhaique is a city in Aysén.
It is the main and largest city in the Northern Chilean Patagonia with a population of 55,000.
The nearest larger airport is Balmaceda 55 kilometers away.
Coyhaique, itself, is a handsome city surrounded by dramatic mountains. It is the jumping-off point for visitors who want to travel through Chilean Patagonia's most beautiful and unspoiled landscapes. Fishermen, photographers, and savvy travelers from around the world are discovering Aysen, the true heart of Patagonia.
- Coyhaique National Reserve, (From Coyhaique drive North along rute 7, turn right after a few kilometers), . A small national reserve with several well kept paths for day hikes with varied flora and great views over Coyhaique. $2000.
- Salvaje Corazon  is a small custom provider of unique travel experiences to Chilean and Argentine Patagonia. Go to to spectacular locations that are little known and as yet uncrowded.
- Casino de Bomberos - good value Chilean food in the fire station. Gen Parra 365
- Café Confluencia, 21 de Mayo 544. Lively café with live music. Serves, e.g., mexican style food.
- Cabañas Los Pinos - 10 minutes away from the city, Cabañas (cabins) Los Pinos is very quiet place. For more references check  Phone: (56-67-234898)
- Hotelera San Rafael - Nice clean accommodation close to the centre. Cabins are good value.  Moraleda 343 Tel:233733
- Patagonia House Bed and Breakfast, Quinta 18 de Julio, Coyhaique, XI Región, Chile (firstname.lastname@example.org), ☎ tel (56) (67) 52 89 15, . checkin: flexible; checkout: flexible. Bed & Breakfast range.
- Hostal Español, Sargento Aldea 343, ☎ (67) 242 580, . Fine hotel with private bath, Wi-Fi, parking and not too far away from the center.
- Coyhaique River Lodge (Rumbo Patagon Outiftter), Km. 10 Camino a Coyhaique Alto (From town head East on Av General Baquedano which turns into Coyhaique Alto. At mile post Km.10 look for sign on your lef), ☎ 056-67-21971, . Coyhaique River Lodge is located on 40 acres just 5 miles outside the city of Coyhaique on the banks of the Coyhaique River. Serving full course meals with reservations. Conference room available. The 10,000 square foot lodge is designed to greet and host visitors who have come to enjoy the magnificent beauty of the region. Two king-size beds in each of the eight large guest rooms will spoil even the most particular of guests. After a full day of fly fishing and adventures, the large deck overlooking the picturesque Coyhaique River and endless mountains beyond, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a sip of the local Pisco Sour or a glass of the finest Chilean wine.
- Hospedaje El Gaucho, Lautaro 432B (Opposite FullFresh supermarket), ☎ 88455291. Family run hostel, have kitchen, WiFi. 8000 CLP.