|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
County Cavan  is in Northwest Ireland and Lakelands.
Urban areas in County Cavan include the county town Cavan:
- Bailieborough, Ballinagh, Ballyconnell, Ballyhaise, Ballyjamesduff, Bawnboy, Belturbet, Blacklion, Butlersbridge
- Dowra, Glangevlin
- Kingscourt, Killeshandra, Kilnaleck
- Mountnugent, Mullagh
- Stradone, Shercock
- Virginia Gateway to the Ireland's Lakeland Region, an atractive small town founded in 1612, situated on the N3 beside Lough Ramor. Several hotels, B&B's, pubs, restaurants and a golf course. Ideal location for weekend breaks with good angling, boating, wildlife and forest walks close by.
- Car: From Dublin, the N3 will get you to Cavan town in about 1.45h.
- Bus: From Dublin, Belfast or Donegal.
You will need a car to get around County Cavan speedily. Besides the hourly busservices to Dublin etc., there is little in the way of public transport.
County sports partnership  offers bikes to hire, two tandem bicycles, one hand-cycle and one universal hand-cycle wheelchair attachment.
Go see the County museum in Ballyjamesduff and the Cavan Crystal showrooms in Cavan.
- Virginia Pumpkin Festival . October Bank Holiday weekend
Go fishing/boating on the Erne river. Go explore the Marble Arch Caves.
- Duggans Pub and Resturant/Olde Post Inn/At Cloverhill.
- Park Hotel, Virginia, County Cavan, ☎ +353 (0) 854 6100, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. Traditional country house hotel just outside picturesque village of Virginia. Sitting in private 100 acres estate on Lough Ramor with fishing, golf course and formal gardens in grounds. Award winning restaurant open to Wednesday - Sunday inclusive. (53.836183,-7.087791)
- Hollow Stream B&B (Hollow Stream Bed & Breakfast), Dublin Road, Kingscourt, Cavan, Ireland (from Kingscourt take R162 Dublin/Navan Road for 1km arrive at Hollow Stream B&B on right.), ☎ +353 (0) 42 966 8346, . checkin: 2.00pm; checkout: 12.00pm. Near Cabra Castle close to Kingscourt Hollow Stream B&B Kingscourt provides excellent accommodation for visitors travelling to the area for business or pleasure. We offer a high standard of service at reasonable rates and always endeavour to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. All rooms ensuite with TV and free wireless internet connection. Complimentary tea & coffee. Free off road parking. Only 1 hour from Dublin. From €30pps. (53.8938,-6.8031)
- Fortview House B&B,  Family run Guesthouse located in the beautiful countryside of Cavan.Fishing,Golf,Horseriding,walking, Geonology,Homecooking,Family walks.