Lloret de Mar - principal resort of the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava (Rugged Coast) is in Catalonia, in the northeast of Spain. It has rocky cliffs and a mix of pebble beaches and sandy beaches.
In the early 2000s many Russians acquired villas around Costa Brava, inflating restaurant prices, and bringing many expensive cars to the region.
Costa Brava's main airport is Girona-Costa Brava airport. Ryanair operate flights to the airport from several destinations in Europe and Morocco all year. Other airlines include Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways and transavia.com (all seasonal). Alternatively, you can fly into Barcelona-El Prat airport. Airport shuttles operate between Girona-Costa Brava airport and the majority of the resort cities, Barcelona and Girona city centre.
If you want to explore a lot of the coastal cities then renting a car is your best option. There is regular bus service between the towns but nothing compares driving along and stopping where you like.
The unknown gem of the Costa Brava is Tossa de Mar. This beautiful little fishing village is one of the least developed on the northern Spanish Mediterranean coast. Tossa is still a fishermen's town, with the quaint very-narrow cobblestoned streets, white houses, and beautiful coastline. Tossa also boasts some very well-preserved medieval ruins -- including walls and towers which protected the town between the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries.
If you like casinos and more luxurious accommodations, go to Lloret de Mar. However, if you prefer the less developed beaches, and don't mind less ostentatious accommodations, Tossa de Mar is for you.
Also see Girona - old city and Jewish quarter, Cadaques - Dali museum and marine park.
There are scuba diving outings to the "Illes Medes" (Medes Islands) National Reserve Park from L'Estartit. Cadaques also has various dive shops to explore the area.
- International Charter Group & Barcosbarcelona s, l . C/ Lola Anglada nº 1 , Tel: +34 936 759 108
- Ca la Paquita, c/Major 22, Gualta, Girona (a small town close to Estartit (6 km)), ☎ 972-758303 (email@example.com), . . Excelent food created for his chef with the traditional Mediterranean style. Good relation quality-price. Wine tasting menu for €50.
The Rovers Return - A lovely British pub, serves nice food and a lovely pint. Also recommended for late nights as the hosts are excellent company!
- Hotel Fenals Garden (Fenals Garden), Avda. America, 41, ☎ 0034972361000, . checkin: 13.00 hrs; checkout: 11.00 hrs. 4 star hotel located in the heart of Fenals area only 350 meters from the beach and 900 meters from the center of Lloret de Mar. Free Wi-fi in all hotel facilities. Rooms from 50€ at low season. Rooms from 50 Rooms from 50€ in low season. (41° 41' 57.336,2° 49' 53.9616)
- Hotel Tossa Beach (Tossa Beach Center), Avda. La Palma, 20, ☎ 0034972342882, . checkin: 13.00 hrs; checkout: 10.00 hrs. 4 star hotel located in the heart of Tossa de Mar and only 150 meters away from the great beach of Tossa and 200 meters from the town center. Only all inclusive basis. See our best available rates at our website. (41° 43' 18.3972,2° 55' 54.9876)
- Hotel Tossa Center (Tossa Beach Center), Avda. La Palma, 9, ☎ 0034972342920, . checkin: 13.00 hrs; checkout: 10.00 hrs. 4 star hotel located in the heart of Tossa de Mar and only 150 meters away from the great beach of Tossa and 200 meters from the town center. 76 rooms and runs only all inclusive basis. See prices on our website. (41° 43' 18.0294,2° 55' 55.185)
- Hotel Mar Bella*, Avda. Costa Brava, 21, ☎ 0034972341363, . checkin: 13.00 hrs; checkout: 10.00 hrs. Located just 100 meters from the Playa Gran de Tossa beach and in the heart of the city, the Hotel Mar Bella* enjoys a privileged location. The hotel has 33 comfortable rooms, 24 hour reception, internet corner*, wi-fi connection* and safe*. It is the ideal choice for couples and groups of friends who want to enjoy a pleasant and economical holiday without sacrificing comfort and convenience in one of the most beautiful places on the Costa Brava, Tossa de Mar. Open from june to september! (41° 43' 20.5926,2° 55' 51.0996)