* [http://fr.iberimo.com/location-costa-brava.php location vacances costa brava] to find Apartements or great villas
* '''Vacation Rentals in L'Estartit, Costa Brava''' Fully equipped Apartments at the beachfront in L'Estartit. [http://www.salats.com Apartments in Estartit, Costa Brava]
* '''Apartments for rent in Costa Brava''' to rent luxury apartments in the beach, Platja de Pals. [http://explorecostabrava.com/costa-brava-pals-apartment/ Apartments for rent in Costa Brava]
* '''Xanascat''' the National Network of [http://www.xanascat.cat Youth Hostels] for all of Catalonia.
* '''Costa Brava Verd Hotels''' is a chain of charming family run hotels based in the Costa Brava, which has available options around Catalonia too. [http://www.reservashoteles.net Reservashoteles.net]
* '''Hotelopia''' has an ample listing of hotels in Costa Brava among all its destinations: [http://hotels.hotelopia.it/spagna/costa-brava-maresme/ hotel Costa Brava]
* '''Apartments and Houses for rent in the Costa Brava. Hihg quality an low price''' Plenty of houses and high quality apartments for rent at low price: [http://lestartit.net/index.php?idioma=En Apartments and Houses for rent in the Costa brava]
* '''Camping las Palmeras''' Family camping and bungalows: [http://www.campinglaspalmeras.com/camping.php?ln=en Camping in Costa Brava]
Revision as of 23:15, 10 December 2009
Lloret de Mar - principal resort of the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava (Rough/Tough Coast) is in Catalonia, in the northeast of Spain. It has rocky cliffs and a mix of pebble beaches and sandy beaches.
In the early 2000s many Russians acquired villas around Costa Brava, inflating restaurant prices, and bringing many expensive cars to the region.
The main airport is in Girona which is the destination for Ryanair, transavia.com and Wizzair. Alternatively, you can fly into Barcelona's El Prat airport. Girona can also be reached by train.
If you want to explore a lot of the coastal cities then renting a car is your best option. There is regual bus service between the towns but nothing compares driving along and stopping where you like.
The unknown gem of the Costa Brava is Tossa de Mar. This beautiful little fishing village is one of the least developed on the northern Spanish Mediterranean coast. Tossa is still a fishermen's town, with the quaint very-narrow cobblestoned streets, white houses, and beautiful coastline. Tossa also boasts some very well-preserved medieval ruins -- including walls and towers which protected the town between the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries.
If you like casinos and more luxurious accommodations, go to Lloret de Mar. However, if you prefer the less developed beaches, and don't mind less ostentatious accommodations, Tossa de Mar is for you.
Also see Girona - old city and Jewish quarter, Cadaques - Dali museum and marine park.
There are scuba diving outings to the "Illes Medes" (Medes Islands) National Reserve Park from L'Estartit. Cadaques also has various dive shops to explore the area.
Ca la Paquita, c/Major 22, Gualta, Girona (a small town close to Estartit (6 km)), ☎ 972-758303 (email@example.com), . . Excelent food created for his chef with the traditional Mediterranean style. Good relation quality-price.Wine tasting menu for €50.
The Rovers Return - A lovely British pub, serves nice food and a lovely pint. Also recommended for late nights as the hosts are excellent company!