Northern suburbs is a green - upper class - suburban district north of Copenhagen.
There is 20 minute ride with the S-train from Copenhagen central and further on to Hillerød.
From central Copenhagen the ticket is 4 zones. During daytime there is approximately a 10-minute frequency in each direction.
The Lyngby-Taarbæk munipality also hosts Dyrehavsbakken. This part of Lyngby is better reached by the S-train to Klampenborg.
The center of Lyngby is walkable. For a physically fit visitor it is also possible to walk to Frilandsmuseet by following the main street. Alternatively to walk to Sophienholm or Dyrehavsbakken. Though these are several kilometers away, you may walk in green surroundings. It is also possible to travel to these places by bus.
- Taxi. Taxis are usually lined up at the train station. They are easily available by cell phone.
- TAXINORD , Virum. 45 83 83 83.
- Frilandsmuseet, Kongevejen 100, Lyngby, , is an open air museum with more than 50 authentic relocated historical farms, houses, and windmills. Guided tours during sundays. There are picnic spots and also a restaurant. Entrance fee: Free 10:00-17:00, but usually closed on Mondays. Also open during certain parts of December.
- Brede with Brede Works (Brede Værk) and Brede Manor (Brede Hovedbygning), I.C. Modewegs Vej, Brede, 2800 Lyngby. Sundays 12:00-15:00.
- Dyrehavsbakken  (or just Bakken) with Dyrehaven.
- Sophienholm, Nybrovej 401,, is a few kilometers from the center of Lyngby and is an old manor situated with a nice view over the lakes. There is a restaurant, a small art museum and there is a large garden with an outdoor stage. It is possible to get there by car, bike, bus or (during summer) boat. Tuesday-Sunday: 11:00-17:00, Wednesday: 11:00-20:00. Admission to the artmuseum: 45 DKK, garden is free.
Aldershvile on Bagsværd lake
See also Lyngby Turist Information, Lyngby Torv 5, 45 88 66 16, .
- Lyngby Møllerne (Nordre Mølle), Lyngby Hovedgade 24A, ☎ +45 45 97 37 20., . Exhibitions about Mølleåen
- Sorgenfri Palace & Park, Kongevejen 8, .
- The small river Mølleåen (literally Mill river) runs through the center of Lyngby near the church. It is possible to follow the river on foot from Lyngby all the way to the sea (Øresund) through park and forest. Apart from the park of Sorgenfri Slot (Sorgenfri manor) it is also possible to bike all the way.
- The lakes (Lyngby sø, Bagsværd sø and Furesø). During summertime there are boats running on the lakes: Baadfarten, Sorgenfrivej 23, . The boats can take you from the center of Lyngby to Sophienholm, Nybro Kro and the hotel at Frederiksdal. Nybro Båd & Kanoudlejning, Nybrovej 384, 45873919/28143919,  has row boat, canoe and kayak rental during the summertime. It is possible to sail on the Lyngby and Bagsværd lakes, but if one wants to sail on the Furesø and the Mølleå then the boat has to be carried across roads. A row boat might be too heavy for this.
- Frederiksdal Fribad, Frederiksdal Badesti 1, ☎ +45 22 34 71 71, . Is a cozy sand beach near the canoe rental place in Frederiksdal. It's kid friendly with lifeguards keeping watch. There is both shallow water for the kids, and a pier out to the deeper water in the Furesø Lake. Excellent spot for a picnic. Free.
- Bellevue Theatre, Strandvejen 451, .
- Charlottenlund Fortress. Nice beach near the forest and an old fortress
Lyngby is probably the main area for shopping for the northern part of Copenhagen.
- Lyngby Hovedgade the main street of central Lyngby has numerous stores.
- Lyngby Storcenter  the mall
- Magasin, Lyngby Hovedgade 43, , the mall in the Magasin chain just opposite the Lyngby Storcenter.
Both Magasin and Lyngby Storcenter are at the intersection of the streets Lyngby Hovedgade and Klampenborgvej.
- Bamboo, Lyngby Hovedgade 50. Chinese.
- Brede Spisehus lies a few kilometers north of central Lyngby in Brede, I.C. Modewegsvej tel: +45 45855457,  
- Den Gule Cottage (Klampenborg), Strandvejen 506, ☎ +45 39 64 06 91, .
- Den Røde Cottage (Klampenborg), Strandvejen 550, ☎ +45 39 90 46 14, .
- Frilandsmuseets Restaurant, Kongevejen 100, 2800 Lyngby, . The restaurant in connection with the open air museum. Open during the summer (and late spring, early autumn).
- Lottenborg, Lottenborgvej 14, 2800 Lyngby, . Close to Sorgenfri Slot.
- Nybro Kro (Lyngby), Nybrovej 376, ☎ +45 45 87 01 49, .
- Restaurant Jakobsen, Strandvejen 449, ☎ +45 39 63 43 22, .
- Restauranten ved Frederiksdal Fribad (Lyngby), Frederiksdal Badesti 1, ☎ +45 45 83 81 85, . 5PM-10PM. A hangout for locals in nice weather, is this restaurant located right next to the lake bath of the same name. While there is a few tables indoors, the real attraction is the outdoor tables by the lake, where you can dine til you drop with food from the barbecue. All you can eat buffet 198 DKK.
- Rådvad Kro, Svenskevej 52 (Lyngby), ☎ +45 45 80 61 62, .
- Søllerød Kro, Søllerødvej 35 (Søllerød), ☎ +45 45 80 22 70, .
- Kongekilden, Enghavevej 8, ☎ +45 39 63 31 01, .
- Hobitten, Lyngby Hovedgade 50 (In the Nothern part of the main street), ☎ 45 93 14 20.
- Pure Passion, located near the corner of the Main Street and Nørgaardsvej, is a nightclub mainly for younger people, 16-20 years .
- Post Pub, also located near this corner (on the opposite side), provides a place for the older generation to hang out.
- Usually, in weekends and on thursdays, many events and parties are held various places on the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) campus, located 1.5 km from the city centre.
- Templet, Jernbanevej . Often live music friday and saturday.
- Scandic Eremitage hotel, Klampenborgvej, Lyngby Storcenter 62, . Housed in the same building as Lyngby Storcenter and the somewhat smaller
- Hotel Fortunen Ved Fortunen 33 . A small hotel near the forest (Dyrehaven) with rooms from 425 DKR with shared bathroom.
- Hotel Postgaarden Gammel Jernbanevej 18-20, , with 31 rooms. The key holder is at Post-Pub, Lyngby Hovedgade 78
- Lyngby-Taarbæk Vandrerhjem Raadvad 1, is a hostel in the middle of the forest and somewhat far from the center of Lyngby.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!