| || |
Revision as of 01:52, 13 November 2010
Columbus  is a city in Georgia's Classic Heartland, near the Chattahoochee River and bordering Alabama.
Columbus Georgia is a great example of a true river city, once a major center for textile manufacturing. It's historic elements remain while it possesses all the aspects of a modern city. It's small town feel is still kept intact despite being Georgia's third largest city. It is known for it's Southern hospitality.
From the north: Drive south on I-185. To reach downtown, take exit 7, turn left at the end of the exit ramp, then drive along Manchester Experssway for 3 miles, trun right on to Veterans Parkway, and follow it for 2 miles to the main downtown area.
From the south: Drive north on U.S. Route 27, through Fort Benning, and on to I-185. To reach downtown, take exit 4, turn right at the end of the exit ramp, then drive along Buena Vista Road for 4 miles to the main downtown area.
From the east: Drive west on U.S. Route 80. To reach downtown, take exit 1, then drive along 2nd Avenue for 3 miles to the main downtown area.
From the west: Drive east on U.S. Route 431. To reach downtown, cross into Georgia and take a left on U.S. Route 27, and follow for 2 miles to the main downtown area.
- The Columbus Metropolitan Airport (3250 W Britt David Rd. ☎ +1 706 324-2449, IATA: CSG))  offers 5 daily flights Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport  (IATA: ATL).
- Lunchbox Museum, 318 10th Ave. (Inside of International Marketplace), ☎ (706) 653-6240, . M - Sa 9AM - 6PM, Su 12PM - 6PM. The nostalgic are sure to find their beloved lunchbox from the past at the world's largest lunchbox museum.
- National Infantry Museum, . m - Sa 9AM - 5PM, Su 11AM - 5PM. The history of infantry forces of the United States Army, located near Fort Benning.
- Chattahoochee RiverWalk
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center, .
- Columbus Museum, . - the second-largest art museum in Georgia, as well as one of the largest in the Southeast.
- Hollywood Connection - large entertainment complex containing a skating rink, movie theatre, diner, miniature golf course, kids' rides and arcade games.
- National Civil War Naval Museum, .
- Springer Opera House,  - the State Theatre of Georgia.
- Visit Columbus, .
- Chancellor's Clothing, . - the place to shop for men's clothing. Chancellor’s sales: blazers, casual trousers, dress shirts, dress trousers, formal wear, luggage, outerwear, shoes, suits, and much more.
- Columbus Park Crossing, .
- Peachtree Mall, .
- The Blue Door Boutique, . - a contemporary ladies clothing boutique.
- B.Merrells, . - serves chicken, baby back ribs, sandwiches, salads, chicken wings (with award winning sauce) and much more
- Columbus Marriott, 800 Front Avenue, +1 706 324-1800, Toll-free: +1 800 455-9261, Fax: +1 706 576-4413, . In Columbus' downtown historic district near the beautiful Chattahoochee River and Riverwalk. Built around the original Empire Mills Grist Mill, the hotel combines 19th century charm with 21st century amenities. Just ten miles away from the Columbus Airport and within walking distance of the Columbus Georgia Convention and Trade Center. 
- Best Western Columbus, 3443 Macon Road, +1 706 568-3300, Fax: +1 706 563-2388, .
- Courtyard Columbus, 3501 Courtyard Way, +1 706 323-2323, Fax: +1 706 327-6030, .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, 4510 East Armour Road, +1 706 317-3600, Fax: +1 706 317-2400, .
- Holiday Inn, 2800 Manchester Expressway, +1 706 324-0231, .
- Microtel Inn & Suites Columbus North, Fountain Court (Lot #8), (800)771-7171.
- Motel 6, 3050 Victory Drive, +1 706 687-7214, Fax: +1 706 682-2362, .
- Residence Inn Columbus, 2670 Adams Farm Drive, +1 706 494-0050, Fax: +1 706 494-0065
- Staybridge Suites Columbus, 1694 Whittelsey Road, +1 706 507-7700, Fax: +1 706 507-7710[http://staybridge.com/columbusga
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 3662 Victory Drive, +1 706 687-7515, Fax: +1 706 687-7510. 
- Wingate by Wyndham Columbus, 1711 Rollins Way, Columbus, GA 1904, ☎ (706) 225-1000, .