Columbus/South is defined as being South of I-70 in Columbus, Ohio. It includes German Village, Brewery District, New Rome, Valley View, Galloway, Urbancrest, Grove City, Obetz, Groveport and Brice.
The COTA bus service , while not by any standard one of the greatest in the nation, can take you to most important places in the city, which should be about 5 blocks away from any conceivable location you need to go to. This service costs $2.00 for an express bus and $1.50 for a normal bus. Transfers are free; ask for one from the bus driver when you pay your fare.
- Adena Conical Burial Mound. AKA Campbell Mound State Memorial. 20 feet high - 100 feet in diameter. Close to 270 W and I 70 intersection in Columbus OH on Montgomery St. Woodlands Period about 1,000 BC - 700 AD.
- Ohio Craft Museum , 1665 West Fifth Ave, +1 614 486-4402, . M–Sa 10AM–5PM Su. 1PM–4 PM. Closed Sa. Five major exhibitions each year.
- The Book Loft 631 South Third St. German Village. +1 614 464-1774  A city-block long store with 32 rooms of Bargain Books.
- Franklin Art Glass, 222 E. Sycamore St., +1 614 221-2972  Handcrafted stained glass, since 1924. One of the world’s largest and highly respected creators of stained glass.
- German Village Music Haus, 350 S. Grant Ave., +1 614-228-8467  Musical instruments.
- Metroscrap, 177 E. Beck St., ☎ +1-(614)-207-0172, . MO-FR 10A-5P; SA 12N-6P, SU Closed. Black and white photographs of urban scenes.
- Caterina Ltd, 625 South Third Street, ☎ +1-(614)-224-7224 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-(614)-224-7099), . MO Closed; TU-FR 10A-6P; SA 10A-5P; SU 12N-5P. European furniture and housewares.
- Book Loft of German Village, 631 South Third Street, ☎ +1-(614)-464-1774 (email@example.com), . Sunday - Thursday: 10 - 23, Friday & Saturday: 10 - Midnight. This bookstore has 32 rooms packed with books, CDs, Cards, and magazines.
- JC Penney Outlet Store 6300 Tussing Rd. (Off of Brice Rd) +1 614 751-1559. Regional clearance center for overstocked and returned items. Great deals!
- BD's Mongolian Barbeque, 295 Marconi Blvd., Arena District. +1 614 586-0077  Create-your-own stir-fry. Lunch and dinner: daily. Entrees: $12.99-$14.99.
- Katzingers Deli, 475 S. Third St. and Livingston Ave., the northern edge of German Village. +1 614 228-8854 
- Lunch Wagons called loncheras, or lovingly refered to as "roach coaches" which cater to a Latino labor force, are becoming a common sight around town and are very popular with those in the know. Similar to the lunch wagons so popular in Hawaii, but with a Latino twist. They are subject to inspection by the health dept. and should not be feared but enjoyed.
- Old Mohawk Restaurant, 819 Mohawk St, +1 614 444-7204 Great pasta, burgers, turtle soup.
- Barcelona Restaurant & Bar, 263 East Whittier Street, ☎ +1-(614)-443-3699 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-(614)-444-0539), .
- Der Dutchman, 445 S Jefferson Ave. Plain City. +1 614 873-3414  Amish Kitchen Cooking, good value, and unique shopping.
- Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus, 240 East Kossuth Street (Head south on High Street from downtown, turn left on Kossuth Street), ☎ +1-(614)-444-6808 (email@example.com), .
- Max & Erma's, 739 South Third Street, ☎ +1-(614)-444-0917, .
- My Momma's Sweet Potato Pies, 813 East Livingston Ave. +1 614 444-4282  Authentic sweet potato pie.
- Lindey's, 169 East Beck Street, ☎ +1-(614)-228-4343, .
- Thurman's, a bar with the absolute best burgers in town. It's in the nice German Village area at 183 Thurman Avenue, The Thurman Burger is loaded with all types of meat, including ham and bacon and globs of all of your favorite garnishings. The wings are also rumored to be excellent, but it's difficult to go there and not order one of their fantastic burgers.
- The Clarmont, 684 S. High St. +1 614 443-1125. Steaks, seafood. Fine dining.
- Childrens Hospital. 700 Children's Drive. +1 614 722-2000.  Mre than six square city blocks with 1.5 million square feet of space on its downtown hospital and research campus, and is regarded at the nation’s 5th largest free-standing children’s hospital. Just south of I-70 in central Columbus.
- Columbus Arthritis Center, 1211 Dublin Rd. +1 614 486-5200  Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromylagia, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Polymyositis, Sjogrens syndrome, Scleroderma, Vasculitis, Gout and Osteoporosis. Top and one of few Ohio facilitities!
- Comfort Suites, 5944 Scarborough Blvd., +1 614 552-2525, Fax: +1 614 552-2526. Peaceful setting conveniently located off I-70 exit 110. All suite hotel with indoor pool and free continental breakfast bar.
- Econo Lodge Brice Road, 5950 Scarborough Blvd., +1 614 864-4670, Fax: +1 614 864-3404.
- Microtel Inn Columbus/Grove City,  1800 Stringtown Rd, +1 614 277-0705, Fax: +1 614 277-0706.
- German Village Guesthouse, 748 Jaeger Street, ☎ +1-(614)-437-9712 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-(614)-340-9539), .
- Best Western Clarmont Inn & Suites, 650 South High Street, ☎ +1-(614)-228-6511 (fax: +1-(614)-228-8109), .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!