The Columbia River Plateau is a region of Washington.
The "Tri-Cities Area" consists of Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco, set at the confluence of the Yakima and Columbia river.
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site - The 1847 Whitman "Massacre" horrified Americans and impacted the lives of the peoples of the Columbia Plateau for decades afterwards. See under Walla Walla#Get out.
- Daroga State Park, on Lake Ential, 6 miles north of Orondo
- Norman A. Welch Memorial Speedway, in Connell
- Palouse Falls State Park, 23 miles southeast of Washtucna
The Columbia River Plateau region consists of Adams, Benton, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Klickitat, Lincoln, Walla Walla, and Yakima Counties.
- Umatilla National Wildlife Refuge, a 14,000-acre wildlife refuge straddling the Columbia River in Washington and Oregon. Entry points are in Irrigon, Oregon, and off Highway 14 in Washington
- US Dept of Energy Hanford Site Test Facility. One of the major nuclear weapons production sites in the United States Tours happen six times a year and depart from Richland.
- Crown Point Overlook State Park, (From state route 155 in Grand Coulee, take the turnoff to Bridgeport (state Route 174), drive two miles north, look for a sign 'Crown Point Vista'). The best spot for viewing the Grand Coulee Dam.