Coffee Bay is a town the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
Both Coffee Shack and Bomvu Backpackers offer a shuttle service from the the Shell Ultra City in Umtata. Take one of the following buses to the Shell Ultra City Umtata:
- Baz Bus - hop on hop off backpacker bus service from Port Elizabeth or Durban. Ph or +27 (0)21 439 2323 Bazbus
- Intercity coaches: Greyhound, City to City, Translux, SA Roadlink. See Computicket for bookings
- SA Airlink has daily flights from Johannesburg to Umtata FlySAA. You can hire a car from Umtata airport with Avis
- Hole in the wall, a beautiful 11 km hike or half hour drive. The Hole is a large cliff jutting into the sea through which waves have carved a large hole.
Coffee Shack offers a wide variety of activities and some of the cheapest professional surf lessons in South Africa. Every day they do a different hike or activity.
- Afritude funky locally printed clothing.
- Papazellas - great pizza & good company. At the Greenhouse. Bookings essential. Ask for Phil or Luke.
- Bomvu Paradise, (When entering Coffee Bay, simply follow the signs), ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2073 (email@example.com, fax: +27 (0)47 575-2073), . From R40 per person for camping, R70 per person in the dorm and R100 for a private room or rondavel.
- Coffee Bay Hotel, Main Road, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2051 (info@Coffeebayhotel.co.za, fax: +27 (0)47 575-2054), .
- Coffee Shack, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2048 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Camping from R70 per person, dorm beds from R120 and private rooms from R300 for a double.
- Ocean View Hotel, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2005 (email@example.com, fax: +27 (0)47 575-2083), .
- White Clay Resort (SC and DB&B), (1,5km on the road to Hole the Wall), ☎ +27 (0)47 575-0008 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Nestled between cliffs above own private beach and bay. All accommodation offers sea views 100m from the beach. Fully licensed restaurant specialising in seafood, with pub. From R165.00pp.