Cocoa Beach is a city in Florida. It is a favorite vacation spot for American and International travelers. The city is famous as the setting of the popular 1960s TV show I Dream of Jeannie.
Cocoa Beach can be accessed by several roads: Florida routes 520 & 528 cross the Indian River and Merritt Island from Interstate 95; A1A parallels the coast and provides access from the south. Cocoa Beach is on the water, so access by water is also possible.
- Space Coast Area Transit  is the name of the local Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest. $1.25 per ride, or $35 for a monthly pass.ya and a good place to surf
Bike or Walk
- Many bike lanes are available along major roads.
- The area is very pedestrian-friendly, with good sidewalks.
- Cocoa Beach - A justifiably famous stretch of Atlantic beach. Activities include beach volleyball, surfing, sunbathing, surf fishing.
- Sterling Casino Lines, 180 Jetty Drive, Ph: (800) 765-5711. Go out for night on the water on Sterling. Ages 18+.
- SunCruz Casino, 610 Glen Cheek Dr., 321-799-3511. Relax and gamble for a night on the water. Ages 18+.
- Schooner Sails, Inc., 670 Glen Cheek Dr., +1 321-783-5274. This is a kind of tourist attraction, but it's nice. It's like a historic sail around the Space Coast, and you can get special reserved rides for weddings, birthdays, etc.
- The Corner, Inc., 112 Dixie Ln, +1 321-783-8287. One of a kind piercing parlor, exceeds OSHA standards, open till 12AM on weekdays, wonderful reputation, amazing artwork by Michelle and Rob.
- Cocoa Beach Pier, 401 Meade Ave, . Restaurants, Bars, Gift Shops, and Fishing. Sport equipment can be rented here, as well.
- Cocoa Beach Sportfishing Charters, 800 Scallop Dr, 1-321-848-2662. . Deep Sea Fishing Charters, Sportfishing, Trolling and Bottom Fishing. Children Welcome.
- Fairvilla Megastore, 500 Thurm Blvd (just South of Port Canaveral on A1A / N. Atlantic Ave.), +1 321-799-9961, . M-Sa 9AM-2AM & Su 10AM-2AM. Intimate apparel, exotic fashions, sensual accessories, romantic gifts, playful novelties, passionate books and tantalizing movies!
- Ron Jon's Surf Shop, 4151 N. Atlantic Ave., +1 321-799-8888, . "One of a kind!" This is the place to be to meet some locals, check out a few boards, and even get some clothes and keepsakes for others.
- Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty, 2200 South Orlando Avenue, +1 407-783-1350. The best seafood place in Cocoa Beach!! Really good food, decent service, moderately priced food ($12-$20) Make sure to sit by the windows, to get the view.
- Tokyo Japanese Steak House, 5840 North Atlantic Avenue, +1 407-799-0058. This is a fantastic Japanese steak house.. it's family owned and operated, and the family has a lot of personality. Each cook comes out and cooks in front of you, doing tricks like making volcanoes out of onions, and fire tricks and what not. Choose two meats from: shrimp, steak, and chicken, comes with rice and sauces. :)
- Abitino's Italian. This is a fabulous restaurant right off the beach! Come in any time for some pizza, and pasta. Moderately priced, pizza by the slice.
- Barrier Jacks, 410 N Atlantic Ave, +1 321-784-8590 Quite a surprising little restaurant, serving a variety of great food at reasonable prices. Seafood, Mexican, BBQ, and more.
- Time Out Sports Bar, 1275 N Atlantic Ave, +1 321-783-2252.
- Paddy Cassidy's Irish Pub, 2011 N Atlantic Ave, +1 321-783-0810.
- Lido Cabaret, 104 Cleveland Ave, +1 321-784-1022.
- Doubletree Hotel, .
- Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceafront, 1550 North Atlantic Avenue, ☎ 800-526-2609, .
- Holiday Inn, 1300 N Atlantic Ave, ☎ +1 321-783-227, .
- Ramada Inn, 900 Friday Rd, .
- Doubletree Cocoa Beach, 2080 N. Atlantic Ave., 32931, ☎ 321-783-9222 (fax: 321-799-3234), . Situated along a gleaming stretch of white-sand Atlantic beach, the Doubletree Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront is an oasis of luxury and comfort in the Sunshine State. Just minutes from Patrick AFB and Kennedy Space Center, our elegant Cocoa Beach hotel is a prime destination on Florida's Space Coast. This enchanting Cocoa Beach Florida hotel features newly renovated guest rooms and suites - each with an ocean view. Relax in comfort, just a few steps away from our private-access beach and a host of water sports and activities.
- Cape Canaveral is home to Kennedy Space Center and Patrick Air Force Base.
- Port Canaveral is the home base to many cruise ships, including ships of the Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival Cruise lines. There are also seafood restaurants at the port. Nice place to watch the giant ships, smaller craft, and sea birds.
- The Canaveral Lock allows boats to travel from the Atlantic/Port Canaveral to the Indian River. It's a little hard to locate, but visitors can watch small boats as they are lifted a small amount to compensate for tidal differences between ocean and river. Free.
|Routes through Cocoa Beach
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!