Clinton is a city in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. It is one of the larger townships in the county and contains the towns of Annandale, Clinton, and Lebanon. Clinton Township contains many historic buildings. The township contains a few secret getaways which many of the locals enjoy. During the summer, the two reservoirs inside the township receive many visitors that come to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Route 31 NB – The town line for Lebanon starts at Foothill Rd. Continue approx. 4 miles and take the turn off onto Main St. for historic downtown Clinton.
- Route 31 SB – The town line for Clinton Starts at Van Sickles Rd. (Spruce Run Reservoir Access). Continue approx 3 miles and turn right onto Halstead St., this will take you into downtown Clinton.
- I-78 WB - coming from Newark, take exit: 20A for Lebanon, exit 18 for Annandale, exits 17 & 15 for Clinton.
- I-78 EB - coming from Pennsylvania, take exits 15 & 16 for Clinton, exits 17 & 18 for Annandale, exit 18 for Lebanon
- Raritan Valley Line – The train station is located in Annandale. West bound lines come from High Bridge, the next and last stop on the line. The East bound line departs from Newark Penn Station which is a 50 commute.
- Alexandria Airport – located in neighboring town of Alexandria. Small local airport open to small and light aircraft.
- Sky Manor Airport – located in neighboring town of Pittstown. Small local airport open to small and light aircraft.
- The Red Mill - The Red Mill Museum Village - 56 Main Street, Phone: (908) 735-4101. The Red Mill an old historic site/museum and was built sometime around 1810. It is located on the bank of South Branch-Raritan River. The mill was a major factor to the early development and expansion of the township. Today the Mill houses a large portion of the Museum’s collection. Each floor tells a small part of the history of this building and its ever changing role within the Clinton Community. The mill also hosts many events throughout the year such as music festivals and the Haunted Mill…see below in the “Do” section.
- Main St and Leigh St. – these two streets make up the majority of historic downtown Clinton. They include many shops, restaurants, bakeries, bookstores, etc. Many historic buildings are also located on Center St.
- Hampton Inn Clinton, 16 Frontage Drive, ☎ (908) 713-4800, . Deluxe rooms are available for added space and luxury. Hotel offers meeting space, banquet facilities, wedding and catering services.