West Side is in Cleveland.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, . Cleveland's main airport (IATA:CLE, ICAO:KCLE) is located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is one of Continental Airlines' three U.S. hubs as well. The RTA Red Line Rapid Transit (see, below) provides frequent and fast rail service from inside the airport to the heart of downtown in roughly 22 minutes for $1.75.
- Burke Lakefront Airport. A small airport right on the shore of Lake Erie that handles private jet, business, and general aviation traffic. A short distance down E. 9th st. from downtown.
- Cuyahoga County Airport is located in northeastern Cuyahoga County.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport, CAK. Visitors could also use this airport which is served by regional airline affiliates and is a 45-minute drive from Cleveland.
Three two-digit interstate highways serve Cleveland directly.
- Interstate 71 begins downtown and is the major route from downtown Cleveland to the airport. I-71 runs through the southwestern suburbs and eventually connects Cleveland with Columbus.
- Interstate 77 begins in downtown Cleveland and runs almost due south through the southern suburbs. I-77 sees the least traffic of the three interstates, even though it is the primary connector of Cleveland with Akron.
- Interstate 90 connects the two sides (the terms "East Side" and "West Side" have deep root in defining this region) of Cleveland, and is the northern terminus for both I-71 and I-77. Running due east/west through the West Side suburbs, I-90 turns northeast at the junction with I-71 and I-490, and is known as the Innerbelt through downtown. At the junction with the Shoreway, I-90 makes a 90-degree turn known as "Dead Man's Curve", then continues northeast, entering Lake County at the eastern split with Ohio 2.
- Interstate 480 runs east-west along the southern border of the City of Cleveland and also connects the suburbs of the East Side and West Side. It intersects all three of the above highways, plus it intersects I-271, which serves the eastern suburbs, and I-480 has two connections to the Ohio Turnpike, I-80.
- Amtrak, 200 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway, . Ticketing and station hours: Daily: 21:30 - 13:00. The station is closed between 13:00 and 21:30. Cleveland is served by Amtrak with a station located on the north end of downtown (near Cleveland Browns Stadium). Unfortunately, most Amtrak routes serving Cleveland arrive and depart in the wee hours of the morning (like in the 1:00 to 4:00 a.m. time frame). Amtrak's Capitol Limited (From Washington, D.C. or Chicago) & Lake Shore Limited lines stop in Cleveland.
- Greyhound, 1465 Chester Ave (On Chester Avenue and East 17th Street), ☎ +1 216 781-0520, . Station and ticketing hours: Daily: 24 hours. Greyhound offers passenger bus service from many U.S. cities. Buses arrive and depart from Greyhound's Art Deco station in downtown Cleveland.
- Megabus, West Huron Road and West 3rd St (Stop adjacent to the entrance to Tower City.), ☎ +1 877 GO2-MEGA, . Megabus is a low-cost bus company offering service between Cleveland and Chicago via Toledo, and also from Pittsburgh.
Many boaters utilize the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence Seaway and their connection points as a travel route. There are many marinas and public boat ramps available for this purpose. Also, the American Canadian Caribbean Line and the Great Lakes Cruising Company provide cruises that include Cleveland on the itineria.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, ☎ +1-(216)-661-6500 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Daily: 10:00 - 17:00. Box office closes at 16:00. The zoo is closed on January 1 and December 25.. Check out the Australian animal exhibit and the Rainforest (which requires additional admission fees). Admission: Adults (12 and older): $9 ($6 from Nov. 1 - March 31), Children (2 - 11): $4, Kids under 2: Free.
- West Side Market, 1979 West 25th Street (Northeast corner of Lorain Ave (western node of the Hope Memorial (Lorain-Carnegie Bridge), . Hours: Mon.: 7 - 16:00, Wed.: 7 - 16:00, Fri.: 7 - 18:00, Sat.: 7 - 18:00.. An old world produce market directly across the Cuyahoga River from Cleveland's skyscrapers.
You'll have to spend more than a weekend here to do it all--from the one-and-only Rock and Roll Hall of Fame devoted to the music your parents didn't understand to a rainforest teeming with exotic wildlife. Love to laugh? We've got comedy clubs. Looking for live music? Look no further, there are a host of concert halls and outdoor amphitheaters from which to choose. Are you a thrill seeker? We have amusement parks AND water parks in our region. Eager to antique? There's Larchmere, Medina Antique Mall, Lorain Avenue and much more.
Whether you want family fun or a girlfriend getaway weekend, Cleveland has it all.
Attractions and Entertainment
Few cities of comparable size can match Cleveland's mix of premier attractions and museums. Visit the house that Rock built and experience the music and stories of inducted rock and roll legends at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum. The Great Lakes Science Center gets fun down to a science with interactive exhibits and a six-story OMNIMAX Theater.
Arts and culture enthusiasts will not want to miss University Circle, home to various museums and cultural institutions, including the Cleveland Museum of Art, Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Cleveland Botanical Garden and the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra. From dinosaurs and classic cars, to emerald parks and smashed guitars, experience all the fun in Cleveland Plus that will keep you coming back for more.
And don't forget that Cleveland is less than a one-hour drive from the world's best roller coasters at Cedar Point Amusement Park, presidential homes, vacation islands and Amish Country!
Plus, Cleveland's entertainment scene is hopping. Spend a girls night out taking in a Broadway show at Playhouse Square Center or visiting a chic martini bar. Laugh it up with friends at a comedy club like Improv or Hilarities, or with a local improv troupe like Cabaret Dada. Sample any of our hundreds of nightclubs, bars, lounges and concert venues for live jazz, blues and good old rock and roll. Or treat yourself to a night of dancing in one of hot clubs ranging from trendy, pulsing atmospheres to more elegant and cozy specialty spots.