Revision as of 02:19, 1 June 2009
Clarendon is a city in the Panhandle of Texas.
- Donley County Courthouse, 300 S. Sully, . M-F 8AM-5PM. This historic, Romanesque Revival Courthouse was built in 1891 and is the oldest surving courthouse in the Texas Panhandle. In the 1930s, the third story of the courthouse was removed for safety concerns. In 2001, a $4.2 million dollar restoration of the courthouse allowed for the historic structure to be returned to its former splendour.
- Clarendon College, 1122 College Drive, . Established in 1898, this college is the oldest institution of higher education in the Texas Panhandle. The college was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South Division, and became a non-sectatarian college in 1927. The current campus for the college was purchased in 1968 and is located on the west edge of Clarendon beside Highway 287.
- Sandell Drive-In Theater, U.S. HWY 70, +1 806 874-0685, . Open Fridays and Saturdays, The Sandell Drive-In features newly released films in the classic atmosphere of a 1950s drive-in.
- Bar H Dude Ranch, 800 627 9871, . A unique ranch experience offering horse rides on the prairie, hiking, and the opportunity to learn or simply watch typical ranch chores. Lodging and meals are available as well.
- Lake Greenbelt, on the north side of town on US 70 offers boating and fishing.
- Clarendon Steak House, 118 S Kearney St, 806 874 0565.
- Nuttin Fancy Cafe, 818 E 2nd St, 806 874 0111.
- Sonic Drive-In, 812 E. 2nd Street, (806) 874-0483.
- Tj D's Steakout, 210 W 2nd St, 806 874 7777.
- Best Western Red River Inn, 902 W. 2nd Street, +1 806 874-0160. This charming hotel is only minutes away from the Clarendon Country Club and Greenbelt Lake and is in walking distance of the Clarendon College Campus. $85.00-$99.00.
- Finch Ranch is on US 287 on the way to Memphis.
- Lake Greenbelt is on the north side of town.