| || |
Civitavecchia is the ferry port of [[Rome]]
. [[Ferries]] to [[Barcelona]], [[Toulon]], [[Corsica]] |+|
Civitavecchia is the ferry port of [[Rome]] to [[Barcelona]], [[Toulon]], [[Corsica]]
| || |
Revision as of 14:26, 25 September 2007
Civitavecchia is a city in the province of Rome, region of Lazio, in central Italy.
From any departure point, reach the A12 Genova – Rome highway and exit at Civitavecchia. Follow the signs for Civitavecchia centro / Sardegna on S.S. 1 Aurelia for about three kilometers.
From any departure point, arrive at the Rome Termini train station. From here, take the regional FR5 trains or Intercity train to Grosseto and get off at the Civitavecchia station.
Civitavecchia is the ferry port of Rome with ferries to Barcelona, Toulon, and Corsica.
- National Archeological Museum Preserves exciting finds from the Roman port and Taurine spas (just outside Civitavecchia), and the 845 inscription that celebrates the city's reconstruction after being destroyed by the Saracen.
- Michelangelo stronghold The impressive fortress built in the sixteenth century with the assistance of the great Michelangelo Buonarroti.
- Hotel San Giorgio Viale Garibaldi, 34. Tel +39.0766.5991, Fax +39.0766.599230 . A 4 star hotel in downtown Civitavecchia, overlooking the sea.
- Bed and Breakfast "Casamica" Via Alcide De Gasperi, 1. Tel +39 0766 31182
[]. Clean cozy rooms with bathroom in a tuscan style home with seaview. The host family offer pickup service and first-hand tips to discover the hidden beauty of the italian way of life. Free transfer to the port.
- Phone center, Via Dalmazia 3 (also internet)
- Calamatta Phone, Piazza Calamatta 11/A -12 (also internet)
- Via Gian Lorenzo Bernini (300 to 400 meters straight behind the train station)