Ciudad Bolívar is in Antioquia.
Ciudad Bolívar is a small town of about 30,000 people in the heart of the coffee region.
Regular buses from Medellin take 3 hours and leave from Medellin's southern bus terminal. Several buses a day also leave from La Pintada (2 hours). From La Pintada very regular buses run to Manizales, Pereira and further south.
Regular local buses and shared taxis run along Ciudad Bolívar's main street and cost 1,000-2,000 COP depending on the time of day.
- Visit a coffee finca (plantation) to see how the world's most popular drink is grown, harvested and processed.
- Visit Cafe de los Andes, on the plaza for one of the best cups of coffee you are likely to have in Colombia. Also try there granizados (iced coffee).
- A number of bars are clustered in the local zona rosa by the river, one block from the plaza.
There are several beautiful traditional hotels available which cost around 25,000 COP per person per night.
Chivas are a traditional and fun form of Colombian transport
- The peace and tranquility of Farallones is only a 30 minute Jeep ride from Ciudad Bolívar. Jeeps leave from La Zona Rosa several times in the morning and return in the afternoon. Last Jeep back to Ciudad Bolívar (Colombia) is at 6pm.
- The busy market town of Andes is an hour from Ciudad Bolívar via Chiva. Forty minutes from Andes, is Jardín, another beautiful Andean town surrounded by mountains and coffee fincas. Chivas leave Ciudad Bolívar from the bus terminal/market.