Chuxiong (楚雄市; Chǔxióng Shì) is a city in in Central Yunnan Province.
The train station is in the North of town, at the end of Lùchéng Nánlù (鹿城南路).
- Longjiang Park (龙江公园), Lùchéng Běilù (鹿城北路). It's a park close to the river and the downtowny area.
- Cinema, 鹿城南路 (Lùchéng Nánlù) (Across from the New Roking Plaza). This is a pretty run down cinema in the center of town. They don't seem to draw in many people so don't expect there to be a place to buy drinks and snacks. Instead expect people walking through the show room all the time (it doubles as a hallway) and having your movie be drowned out by the second room's sounds.
- New Roking Plaza (新龙江广场), Lùchéng Nánlù (鹿城南路) (At the intersection of Lùchéng Nánlù and Lùchéng Xīlù (鹿城西路)). This is a shopping center in the center of town. There is nothing special about it though.
Běihuì Dōnglù (北汇东路) is a small street with several cafés and bars. It runs north from the little lake at Lóngquán Lù (龙泉路).
- Tropical Bush, Běihuì Dōnglù (北汇东路). Tropical Bush seems to be a chain of cafés in Chuxiong. At least the one in Beihui Donglu is a café/bar with a jungle theme. All the walls are covered in dark photo wallpaper with bad lighting and the guests sit on swings at their tables. The "cappuccino" here is hilarious and highly recommended, even though it is not drinkable.
It is easy to find any kind of accommodation. This is especially true for an area of small streets north of the river called Fēngshèng Xiǎoqū (丰盛小区). Go to the intersection of Fēngshèng Lù (丰胜路) and Lóngjiāng Lù (龙江路) to get there. You will see several expensive Hotels (Jiudians) at those big streets at first. Go into the side streets northeast of the intersection to find dozens of cheap hotels (Lüguans and Binguans) from ¥20 there.
- Yadong Binguan (亚东宾馆), 楚雄市开发区丰盛小区庆盛街33号, ☎ 0878-3395823. This hotel is one of the nicer ones in the aforementioned area. The rooms are small but clean and fully equipped (TV, air con, bathroom, shower). d ¥50.
Some of the destinations to go to from here are