Christiansted is a town on the island of Saint Croix in the Virgin Islands. Christiansted was the capital of the Danish West Indies from 1755 to 1871 and is a charming town with distinctive Danish architecture.
- The United States Park Service maintains a 27 acre area, Christiansted National Historic Site, along the waterfront that used to be a busy center along the trade routes.
- Fort Christiansvaern - Well-preserved Danish yellow brick fort from the late 1700s. M-F 8AM-5PM; Sa,Su 9AM-5PM. Closed on Federal holidays. Admission $2.
- Old Danish Customs House
- Steeple Museum
- Government House
- Apothecary Museum
- Old Scale House
- Buck Island Reef National Monument, Buck Island, ☎ +1 340 773-1460 Year round. Buck Island information is available at the National Park Service visitor contact station at Fort Christianvaern in downtown Christiansted. Walking trails through frangipani trees, organ pipe cactus, and underwater trails for snorkeling. Picnic areas. Five concessionaires offer trips to Buck Island form St. Croix under permits. There is no overnight camping on the island; the park is closed from sunset to sunrise to protect nesting sea turtles that come ashore at night. Anchorage is available overnight to boaters within the designated area. A permit is required to anchor within the designated area.
- Salt River Bay National Historic Park and Ecological Preserve - The park is a living museum where nature and history blend. It was set aside to preserve, protect, and tell the story of its rich contributions to the nation’s natural and cultural heritage
- S.C.U.B.A., 14 Caravelle Arcade ☎ +1 340 773-5994, .
- Big Beards Adventure Tours, Toll Free: 866 773 4482 ☎ +1 340 773-4482
- Rumrunners, 44A Queen Cross Street (on the boardwalk in Christiansted in Hotel Caravelle), ☎ (340) 773-6585, . Waterfront location..watch the seaplanes take off and land, see Captain Carl Holley bring in the catch of the day, and enjoy a perfect blend of local and American flavors. Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week, and Sunday brunch with live steel pan music! edit
- Fort Christian Brew Pub. Craft Beer edit
- The Buccaneer Hotel, Christiansted, ☎ 340-712-2100, . edit
- Sugar Beach Resort, 3245 Estate Golden Rock, Christiansted, . Sugar Beach Condo Resort is set on seven acres of lush property - a 500 foot stretch of premier beachfront on St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands. All 42 spacious units offer a full view of the stunning aqua waters of the Caribbean, and ground floor units open right onto the palm-lined, white sand beach. $155-$415. edit