Chittoor is a city in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is the headquarters of Chittoor district
Chittoor, very close to the revered temple of lord Balaji or Venkateswara at Tirupati, is also close to two eminent wildlife sanctuaries and the famous Horsley Hills, a famous hill resort named after W.D Horsley.
Situated in the valley of the Ponni river, Chittoor is a market for grain, sugarcane, and peanuts. Its industries include oilseed and rice milling. Jaggery from Aragonda area, a small town near Chittor is famous throughout the country. Chittor is a major place for producing hatcheries and mangoes. The city is surrounded by mango and tamarind groves, and cattle are bred in the area. A district administrative centre, Chittoor was a British military post until 1884.
From Chennai : Take Route No:144 bus from Chennai Koyembedu Bus Stand (CMBT) or Lalbagh train to Katpadi.There will be
plenty of buses from Katpadi to Chittoor. Try to take GOVT bus as there will be too many
stops for private buses.
From Bangalore : Take any KSRTC (Karnataka State Transport) bus from Bangalore Bus Stand (Majestic) going to Tirupati, Nellore,Vijayawada & Guntur.Get down in CTR. Take any APSRTC (Andhra Pradesh Transport) bus(Bangalore Majestic) going to Tirupati, Nellore,Vijayawada & Guntur.Get down in CTR. Don't take the private bus "Kalasipalya" as there are too many stops.
From Hyderabad : Take Kesineni(Volvo),Deepna, JBT, TTS travels by bus from Ameerpet X roads which usually runs everyday, APSRTC buses (7 buses) from MGBS and train is VENKATADRI express starts from Kachiguda at 8:05PM and reaches chittoor by morning at 9AM.
From Tirupati: APSRTC buses ply every 10 min to and fro Chittoor (72 km).
From Vijayawada,Vizag and Machlipatnam :Take any APSRTC or Private bus going to Bangalore.Get down in CTR.Two APSRTC buses one in morning and one in evening starts from vijayawada to chittoor and by train u can catch Sheshadri,Hatia,Sabari,KK express to reach chittoor.
Kanipakkam:12 km from Chittoor.For the devotes convenience their are direct buses to Hyderabad,Vijayawada,Bangalore,Chennai,Nellore & Ananathapur.
Bus tickets can be booked online from http://www.apnabus.in website to reach Chittoor by bus from various cities.
- Forest Reserve
- Deer Park
- Masonics Chittoor Sports Stadium
- Church in church Street
- Darga near Srinivasa theater
- Sugar Factory
- Nutrine Confectionery---Now Godrej and Hersheys Foods
- Shirdi Sai Baba Temple which is at kattamanchi
- Varasiddi Vinayaka Swamy Temple, Kanipakam 9 KM from Chittoor is a very powerful temple in andhra pradesh.
the lord vinayaka is swayambu and is known to be famuous for doing justice.
- Subramanya Swamy Temple on Hill
- Durgamma Gudi,Greamspet
- Ponniamma Gudi
- Eswar Temple,Tiruvaram
- Venkateswara Temple,Near Govt Hospital
- Sai baba Temple ,Kattamanchi
- Muthyalamma Temple, Thenabanda
- RamulaVari Gudi, Bazaar Veedhi
- Venkateswara Temple, Thangal
- Ardhagiri Anjenaya Swamy Temple, Aragonda 20 KM from Chittoor
- Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple, Vepanjeri 12 KM from Chittoor
- MSR MovieLand dts
- Chanakya a/c dts
- VijayaLakshmi a/c dts
- Gurunatha a/c dts
- Srinivasa a/c dts
- Raghavaa/c dts
- Sri Venkateswara
Chanakya, VijayaLakshmi, Raghava, and MSR are nice to watch.
- Chase pillar It is 2 km from B.V. Reddy school in konga reddy palli. It is a very beautiful place to trek. On the way you can see a lake on the hill. This Chase pillar was built by British people in 18th century. On the way to chase pillar we can see camp areas built by British people.b.v.reddy is one of the really best schools in town.
- Bodi konda Its near Ramnagar colony and the best land mark to locate is Kings School.It is really great hill to climb. Local people can assist you to climb.
- Yelampalli forest It is 20 km from Chittoor near Aragonda. People go for hunting of white pigs and some wild animals in the forest.
- puligundu It is 17 km from Chittoor, on the way to Penumur. This is a tall and huge rock, and it's a big challenge to climb this rock. This rock is 2.5 km from Penumur. Penumur is also one of the historical villages.
- Turtle Neck Hill It is in Durganagar Colony, Greamspet. The rocks at the top of the hill formed like Turtle Neck.
- There is a walking trail inside Chittoor town.This trail is inside a redsandalwood forest. It is worth walking there. It is near Mesanicals ground.
- Bans 4 Seasons Coffee Shop. Contact No.09704771333. website: www.bansc.in
- Hotel Alankar(N.V)
- Hotel Menaka(N.V)
- Hotel Ajanta(V)
- Hotel Sindhu Towers(N.V & V), Opposite the Railway Station Entrance.
- Hotel Vishnu Bhavan(V), Near Chandana Ramesh Shopping Mall.
- Sri Valli Bhavan(V), Pure Vegeterian Hotel.
- Nandini Restaurant(V), High road. (Quality Food)
- Pratap Restaurant(N.V), Opp to old BusStand which is very good for non-veg ( The
best hotel in CTR) which is maintained for past 2 decades. (Good quality with less price)(Sunday Holiday)
- Lakshmi Saraswathi Depot in OTK road is good for milk products.
- Five Star Hyderbadi biryani center(N.V) in high road beside J.B.T office near old bustand.
- NPS(N.V) near MSR junction It is also famous for biryani.
- Hotel lakshmi Vishnu Bhavan(V), Near Chandana Ramesh Shopping Mall.
- Opposite to Old Bus Stand you find a Coffee Bar which is famous for Lemon Tea.
- Bans Spiritz Bar & Restaurent(3star). Cell No. 09704771333
- N.P.S bar and restaurant kongareddypalli opposite the chittor tennis club,
- N.P.S bar and restaurant Naidu buildings,
- Nandi bar and restaurant beside MSR Movieland theater,
- Nirmala bar and restaurant Palamaner Road,
- Mayuri bar and restaurant Bye pass road,Reddigunta,
- Blue Heaven restaurants Church street.
All sorts of lodging facilities ranging from just $4 a day to luxury suites at BANS and Sindhu Towers are available.
- Bans The Hotel(3star). Contact No. 09704771333. website: www.bansc.in
- Pratap Lodge previously known as RajBhavan Lodge,Sundarayya Veedhi.
- *.* Sri VINAYAKA Lodge *.* Sundarraiah Street.
- Alankar Hotel and Lodge Vellore Road
- Sindhu Towers, opp railway station entrance.
- Lakshmi, Beside Sindhu towers opp to railway station entrance.
- LGB Towers, Kattamanchi.
- Hotel Prithvi, Near RTC Bus Stand.
- Chandra Residency, Sundarayya Veedhi.
- Bans The Hotel, Chittoor byepass road, ☎ 249091, . Accommodation, Dining and Water Park
- Vinayaka Puram
- Saibaba Temple