- For other places with the same name, see Chillicothe (disambiguation).
Chillicothe  is a city in Ross County in Southwest Ohio and is the county seat of Ross County. In the 1800's, it was designated as the capital of the "eastern section" of the Northwest Territory. Later the State Constitutional Convention was held in Chillicothe and in 1803, Ohio entered the Union, Chillicothe became the first state capital of Ohio. The name of the City was derived from a Shawnee word meaning "principal town". It is located along the Scioto River and Paint Creek.
Hopewell Culture National Historic Park
- SR 23 runs NS - SR 35 runs NW-SE Approx 45 miles South of Columbus.
- Port Columbus International Airport, 4600 International Gateway, Columbus. PH:(614)-239-4083  Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH) is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Adena Mansion and Gardens, Adena Road,outside of Chillicothe ph.740-772-1500 Home of Thomas Worthington (1773-1827), sixth Govenor of Ohio and one of the states first United States Senators. Quite a place.
- Chillocothe Railroad Museum, Corner of Paint and Water Streets. tel. 740-702-7675 Mon.-Fri. 10-4 Sat.- Sun. noon-3 p.m.
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, 16062 State Route 104, . A group of 23 earthen mounds originally built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500, destroyed by the US Federal Government to build Fort Sherman in 1913 and then partially rebuilt/restored and turned into a National Historic Park.
- James A. Thomas Telephone Museum, 68 East Main St. tel. 740-772-8200 Mon.-Fri.- 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 Free.
- Dr. John D. Harris Dental Museum, 209 Main Street, Bainbdidge tel. 740-634-2228 Hours vary.
- Lucy Hayes Heritage Center, 90 West Sixth St., tel. 740-775-5829 Hours vary.
- Majestic Theater, 45 East Second St. Longest running, free standing theater in United States.
- Ross County Heritage Center, 45 West Fifth St., tel. 740-772-1936 Hours vary.
- Roscoe Village, 381 Hill St., PH:740-622-9310 or 800-877-1830, . Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! , 5968 Marietta Road, . Huge outdoor stages.
- Baseball Chillocothe Paints - 90 game schedule
- Annual Feast of the Moon Festival Last weekend in May
- Charity Bed Race 4th of July
- Ross County Fair August 6-13, 2007
- New Beginnings Bluegrass Festival August 18-20, 2007
- Easy Rider Rodeo
- International Sunflower Festival September 3-4, 2007
- Mountain Heritage Campout Tar Hollow State Park. Sept. 16-17, 2007
- Apple Harvest Festival Sept. 17-18, 2007
- 38th Fall Festival of the Leaves Bainbridge. October 14-16, 2007
- Lucy and Rutherford Hayes Anneversary Dinner Lucy Hayes Heritage Center, 90 West Sixth St. December 30, 2007. tel.740-755-1780 Reservations required.
- Ohio University-Chillicothe, 101 University Drive, PH: 740-774-7200, . 1,900 students and has experienced a 25.3% increase in enrollment over the last two years.
- County Crust Bakery, 4715 SR 41 South.
- The Old Home Place, 1/4 mile north of U.S. Route 35. tel. 740-998-4303. Amish Bakery - Troyer Meats - Cheese - Bulk Foods.
- Best Western Adena Inn, 1250 N Bridge Street, ☎ +1 740 775-7000 (fax: +1 740 773-1622), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1003 East Main St., ☎ +1 740 779-2424, .
- Hampton Inn & Suites' Chillicothe
- Country Hearth Inn Chillicothe
- Comfort Inn Chillicothe
- Christopher Inn And Suite