- For other places with the same name, see Chillicothe (disambiguation).
Chillicothe  is a city in Ross County in Southwest Ohio and is the county seat of Ross County. In the 1800's, it was designated as the capital of the "eastern section" of the Northwest Territory. Later the State Constitutional Convention was held in Chillicothe and in 1803, Ohio entered the Union, Chillicothe became the first state capital of Ohio. The name of the City was derived from a Shawnee word meaning "principal town". It is located along the Scioto River and Paint Creek.
Hopewell Culture National Historic Park
- SR 23 runs NS - SR 35 runs NW-SE Approx 45 miles South of Columbus.
- Port Columbus International Airport, 4600 International Gateway, Columbus. PH:(614)-239-4083  Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH) is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Adena Mansion and Gardens, Adena Road,outside of Chillicothe ph.740-772-1500 Home of Thomas Worthington (1773-1827).
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, 16062 State Route 104, . A group of 23 earthen mounds originally built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500, destroyed by the US Federal Government to build Fort Sherman in 1913 and then partially rebuilt/restored and turned into a National Historic Park.
- Roscoe Village, 381 Hill St., Coshocton, PH:740-622-9310 or 800-877-1830, . Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! , 5968 Marietta Road, . Huge outdoor stages.
- Ohio University-Chillicothe, 101 University Drive, PH: 740-774-7200, . 1,900 students and has experienced a 25.3% increase in enrollment over the last two years.
- Best Western Adena Inn, 1250 N Bridge Street, ☎ +1 740 775-7000 (fax: +1 740 773-1622), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1003 East Main St., ☎ +1 740 779-2424, .
- Hampton Inn & Suites' Chillicothe
- Country Hearth Inn Chillicothe
- Comfort Inn Chillicothe
- Christopher Inn And Suite