- For other places with the same name, see Chillicothe (disambiguation).
Chillicothe  is a city in Ross County in Southwest Ohio and is the county seat of Ross County. In the 1800's, it was designated as the capital of the "eastern section" of the Northwest Territory. Later the State Constitutional Convention was held in Chillicothe and in 1803, Ohio entered the Union, Chillicothe became the first state capital of Ohio. The name of the City was derived from a Shawnee word meaning "principal town". It is located along the Scioto River and Paint Creek.
Hopewell Culture National Historic Park
- Approx 45 miles South of Columbus along US-23 or SR-104
- Approx 80 miles South East of Dayton along US-35.
- Approx 100 miles East of Cincinnati along US-50
- Approx 44 miles North of Portsmouth along US-23 or SR-104
- Port Columbus International Airport, 4600 International Gateway, Columbus. PH:(614)-239-4083  Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH) is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Pump House Center for the Arts, Yoctangee Park, ☎ (740) 772-5783, . Tu-F, 11-4 & Sa-Su, 1-4 Closed on Mondays.. The Pump House was constructed in 1883 as a municipal pumping station for distribution of water from the deep well field located in Yoctangee Park. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, The Pump House is an example of Victorian Gothic architecture housing an ever changing collection of painting, sculpture and art. edit
- Dard Hunter Studios, 8 Highland Avenue, ☎ 740-774-1236, . The Mountain House was built in 1850 by a German family named Meggenhofen who operated a winery here for many years, tending the terraced vineyards below the house. Gift shop is open M-F, 9AM to 5PM. Reservations are required for a tour. Call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an appointment. edit
Bird Claw and Bear Tooth in mica - Hopewell
- Adena Mansion and Gardens, Adena Road,outside of Chillicothe ph.740-772-1500 Home of Thomas Worthington (1773-1827), sixth Govenor of Ohio and one of the states first United States Senators. Quite a place.
- Chillicothe Railroad Museum, Corner of Paint and Water Streets. tel. 740-702-7675 Mon.-Fri. 10-4 Sat.- Sun. noon-3PM
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, 16062 State Route 104, . A group of 23 earthen mounds originally built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500, destroyed by the US Federal Government to build Fort Sherman in 1913 and then partially rebuilt/restored and turned into a National Historic Park.
- James A. Thomas Telephone Museum, 68 East Main St. tel. 740-772-8200 Mon.-Fri.- 8:30AM to 4:30 Free.
- Dr. John D. Harris Dental Museum, 209 Main Street, Bainbridge tel. 740-634-2228 Hours vary.
- Lucy Hayes Heritage Center, 90 West Sixth St., tel. 740-775-5829 Hours vary.
- Majestic Theater, 45 East Second St. Longest running, free standing theater in United States.
- Ross County Heritage Center, 45 West Fifth St., tel. 740-772-1936 Hours vary.
- Roscoe Village, 381 Hill St., PH:740-622-9310 or 800-877-1830, . Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! , 5968 Marietta Road, . Huge outdoor stages.
- Chillicothe Paints Single A, Frontier League Baseball - 90 game schedule 
- Paint Valley Jamboree 125 E. Main Street, Bainbridge - Oldest Country Music Show in Ohio, Since 1965, Every Saturday Night At 7:00PM. Call For Reservations (740) 634-3333 http://www.paintvalleyjamboree.com/
- Annual Feast of the Moon Festival Last weekend in May
- Charity Bed Race 4th of July
- Ross County Fair First full week in August
- Easy Rider Rodeo every Labor Day Weekend
- International Sunflower Festival Frankfort, Labor Day Weekend
- Mountain Heritage Camp out Tar Hollow State Park. Friday, September 19, 2008 to Sunday, September 21, 2008
- Apple Harvest Festival Sept. 17-18, 2007
- Fall Festival of the Leaves Bainbridge. October 16-18, 2008
- Lucy and Rutherford Hayes Anniversary Dinner Lucy Hayes Heritage Center, 90 West Sixth St. December 30, 2007. tel.740-755-1780 Reservations required.
- Ohio University-Chillicothe, 101 University Drive, PH: 740-774-7200, . 1,900 students and has experienced a 25.3% increase in enrollment over the last two years.
- Pickaway Ross Career and Technology Center. (Pickaway Ross Joint Vocational School), ☎ 642-1288 or 474-3331, . edit
- Bavarian Toy Works, 45 N Paint St. Toys for children of all ages edit
- Kitchen Collection, 1075 N Bridge Street, Suite 202 (Chillicothe Mall), ☎ 740-775-3915, . You'll find a wide variety of cookware, bakeware, small appliances, decorative wood, marble and ceramics, great gadgets for every kitchen task, and the best of the kitchen/housewares seen on TV. This company of 200+ locations in 44 states began right here in Downtown Chillicothe. edit
- Bob's Bootery, 100 N. Paint St., ☎ 740-775-5652, . Providing many national brand footwear such as Birkenstock, Jumping Jacks, Munro, New Balance, Dexter USA, Clarks, Extra Depth, Drew and more! And leather goods handcrafted by local artisan edit
- Chillicothe Farmers Market, 475 Western Ave, . Only open May to October, from 8AM to noon Saturdays. Anyone interested in selling at the market can register between 7 and 8AM edit
- History Store, 101 N. Paint St., ☎ 740-775-7400. M-Sat. M- Sat. 10AM-5:30PM. edit
- The Cellar Room, 203 West Water St. (two blocks west of the city park on the corner of High and Water Streets.), ☎ 740-775-9848, . T-F 10:30AM- 5:30PM, Sat. 10AM-5PM. Long known for its unique and unusual gifts and antiques. The original store started in the cellar (hence the name) and is now expanded to include the main floor. edit
- Vern's Giovanni's Pizza & 5 Way Chili Parlor, 423 Western Avenue, ☎ (740) 773-0042. Locally owned and operated, New York style pizza edit
- Max & Erma's Restaurant, 10 River Trace Dr., ☎ (740) 773-2323. A high quality chain restaurant specializing in large hamburgers and good atmosphere. edit
- Crispie Creme, 47 N. Bridge St, ☎ (740) 774-3770. edit
- Old Canal Smokehouse, 94 East Water St, ☎ 740-779-3278. M-TH 11AM-9PM F-Su 11AM-10PM. edit
- Mona Lisa Café, 35 N. Paint St., ☎ 740-779-3337, . M-Th 11AM to 10PM; Fri & Sa 11AM to 11PM. Mediterranean Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge. Greek, French and Middle Eastern food plus steaks, salmon, burgers and gyros. Entertainment on weekends. Wireless internet available. edit
- Carl's Townhouse, 95 W 2nd St, ☎ (740) 773-1660. 6AM-5PM. Carl's is a family owned, hometown diner style restaurant. Great food for breakfast and lunch... but don't expect dinner there, because they close at 5PM edit
- County Crust Bakery, 4715 SR 41 South.
- The Old Home Place, 1/4 mile north of U.S. Route 35. tel. 740-998-4303. Amish Bakery - Troyer Meats - Cheese - Bulk Foods.
- Dock at Water, 80 E Water St, ☎ 740-779-3625, . edit
- Great Seal State Park, 635 Rocky Rd.. 15-site campground, pressurized water, vault latrines, playground, shelterhouse, pet camping, shelterhouse, horse camp, twenty-two miles of trails, hunting, playground equipment, disc golf course, volleyball, basketball, horseshoe court.
- Best Western Adena Inn, 1250 N Bridge Street, ☎ +1 740 775-7000 (fax: +1 740 773-1622), . edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 1003 East Main St., ☎ +1 740 779-2424, . edit
- Victoria Manor Bed and Breakfast, 30 Western Avenue, ☎ +1 800-852-1093 or +1-740-775-6424, . checkin: 1PM; checkout: 11:59AM. $70-$110 USD. edit
- Hampton Inn & Suites' Chillicothe
- Country Hearth Inn Chillicothe
- Comfort Inn Chillicothe
- Christopher Inn And Suite
- Scioto Trail State Park, Ross County, south of Chillicothe, east of Route 23 on CR 372. 55 campsites, 40 with electricity, latrines, water, fire rings, picnic tables are provided. A secluded hike-in camp near Stewart Lake has 18 non-electric sites. Two rustic camper cabins are available. Fishing, hunting, twelve miles of hiking trails, 17 miles of bridle trails, nature center, basketball, horseshoe courts, playground, games and sporting equipment to registered campers, basketball, horseshoe courts and volleyball court.
- Tar Hollow State Park, east part of Ross County, east of Chillicothe, at 16396 Tar Hollow Road, Laurelville, 71 sites with electrical hookups, 11 non-electric sites, 12 walk-in sites, and 5 primitive sites along a backpack trail. Equipped with showers, laundry facilities, pit latrines and a dump station. The beach is close by. Boating with electric motors only, permitted on the 15-acre Pine Lake. Perfect for canoes and rowboats.
|Routes through Chillicothe