Ethnic enclaves abound on the West Side of Chicago, as do the Chicago Bulls.
- Far West Side (Austin, Humboldt Park, East & West Garfield Park, North & South Lawndale, Hermosa, Belmont Cragin, and Montclare) — famous mostly for being impoverished and crime-ridden, the Far West Side is also home to the United Center for Basketball and fabulous parks
- West Town — Wicker Park, Ukrainian Village, Bucktown. Hipsters mix with Polish, Mexican, and Puerto Rican immigrants
- Near West Side — Little Italy, Greektown, the West Loop, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Lower West Side — Ethnic enclaves such as the Mexican Pilsen & Little Village, Polish Pilsen, Italian little Italy
- Logan Square — A historic neighborhood with a large Latino community and a rising number of "progressive" young professionals