Dilworth  is a neighborhood and commercial district located in south-central Charlotte. Its exact borders are open to interpretation, but Dilworth is generally regarded as the area between South Blvd., Morehead St., Kenilworth Ave., and Sedgefield Park.
Visitors to Dilworth often comment on the traditional, residential feel of the neighborhood. As the city's earliest suburb, it was designed around wide avenues with a shady tree canopy. This provides some of the city's most pleasant (and expensive) residential streets, but don't be fooled: Dilworth also boasts some of the city's best evening-life options. A slew of restaurants along East Boulevard offer high-end cuisine in almost every category imaginable, making Dilworth a prime place to grab dinner before heading to the bars and clubs of nearby Uptown or South End.
Though the central part of the district is walkable, Dilworth as a whole is most easily traveled by car. It is a short taxi ride from Uptown, South End or Myers Park. It also receives bus service from routes 19 and 236 (routes 12 and 24 to South End also serve the edge of Dilworth).
- Latta Park  - Located at the edge of Dilworth, this historic park is well-positioned to serve the lunch crowd coming from South Blvd. restaurants. It includes a "sprayground" for children, making it a summertime favorite.
- Dilworth Billiards, 300 E Tremont Ave., +1 704-333-3021.
Dilworth has some of Charlotte's best boutique shopping, especially along major streets such as East Boulevard. Most stores are in converted bungalows, though there are a few large shopping centers here and there. Dilworth is a perfect neighborhood for sunny-afternoon shopping.
- Looby Loo, 228 East Blvd., +1 704-334-9087.
- Paper Skyscraper, 330 East Blvd., +1 704-333-7130.
- Lotus, 1247 East Blvd., +1 704-332-2047.
- Maddi's Gallery, 1530 East Blvd., +1 704-332-0007.
- Frankie's Italian Grille, 800 E Morehead St., +1 704 358-8004. One of Charlotte's best-reputed Italian restaurants. Very good service, though the prices are a bit high. Located in the ritzy north-central part of Dilworth.
- Showmars, 1600 East Blvd., +1 704 375-3034. Cheap Greek fare at this local chain can be found all over the city. This location is convenient to shopping and entertainment.
- Cantina 1511, 1511 East Blvd. +1 704-331-9222.
- 300 East, 300 East Blvd., +1 704-332-6507.
- Jaimama, 1626 East Blvd., +1 704-358-9295.
- Patou French Bistro, 1315 East Blvd., +1 704-376-2233.
- Catalunya Cafe, 1408 East Blvd., +1 704-335-3700.
- Copper Modern Indian Cuisine, 311 East Blvd., +1 704-333-0063.
- Dolce, 1710 Kenilworth Ave., +1 704-332-7525.
- Japanese Fusion, 1524 East Blvd., +1 704-333-8118.
- Kabob Grill, 1235 East Blvd., +1 704-371-8984.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1412 East Blvd., +1 704-333-0505.
- Restaurant I, 1524 East Blvd., +1 704-333-8118.
- Thai Taste, 324 East Blvd., +1 704-332-0001.
- Zen Asian Fusion, 1716 Kenilworth Ave., +1 704-358-9688.
- Berrybrook Farm, 1257 East Blvd., +1 704-334-6528.
- Brixx Pizza, 1801 Scott Ave., +1 704-376-1000.
- Sole Spanish Grill, 1608 East Blvd., +1 704-343-9890.
- Vittorio's Italian Cuisine, 311 East Blvd., +1 704-344-8799.
- Patou, 2400 Park Rd., +1 704-376-2233. Well-reputed as one of Charlotte's long-standing French restaurants. The location in the fashionable Myers Park neighborhood adds to the ambiance.
- Dilworth Coffee House, 1235 East Blvd Ste B, +1 704-358-8003. Charlotte's oldest independent coffeehouse, now with locations throughout the city and region. The original, founded in 1989, is located on East Blvd.
- Bonterra Dining & Wine Room, 1829 Cleveland Ave., +1 704-333-9463.
- City Tavern, 1514 East Blvd. +1 704-343-2489.
- East Boulevard Bar and Grill, 1601 East Blvd., +1 704-332-2414.
- The Morehead Inn, 1122 E Morehead St., +1 704-376-3357.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!