A typical home in Dilworth
Dilworth  is a neighborhood and commercial district located in south-central Charlotte. Its exact borders are open to interpretation, but Dilworth is generally regarded as the area between South Blvd., Morehead St., Kenilworth Ave., and Sedgefield Park.
Visitors to Dilworth often comment on the traditional, residential feel of the neighborhood. As the city's earliest suburb, it was designed around wide avenues with a shady tree canopy. This provides some of the city's most pleasant (and expensive) residential streets, but don't be fooled: Dilworth also boasts some of the city's best evening-life options. A slew of restaurants along East Boulevard offer high-end cuisine in almost every category imaginable, making Dilworth a prime place to grab dinner before heading to the bars and clubs of nearby Uptown or South End.
Though the central part of the district is walkable (and within easy walking distance of South End), Dilworth as a whole is most easily traveled by car. It is a short taxi ride from Uptown, South End or Myers Park.
The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS)  operates bus routes 19 and 36 through Dilworth (routes 6 and 18 also serve the eastern edge of Dilworth). Another mass transit option is to take the LYNX  light rail service to the East/West Blvd station in South End and walk the short distance into the central part of Dilworth from there.
- Latta Park  - Located a couple of blocks north of East Blvd, this historic park is well-positioned to serve the lunch crowd coming from South Blvd. restaurants. It includes a "sprayground" for children, making it a summertime favorite.
- Dilworth Billiards, 300 E Tremont Ave, +1 704 333-3021, .
Dilworth has some of Charlotte's best boutique shopping, especially along major streets such as East Boulevard. Most stores are in converted bungalows, though there are a few large shopping centers here and there. Dilworth is a perfect neighborhood for sunny-afternoon shopping.
- Lotus, 1247 East Blvd, +1 704 332-2047, . Clothing boutique.
- Maddi's Gallery, 1530 East Blvd, +1 704 332-0007, . M-Sa 10AM-6PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Art gallery with crafts, jewelry and folk art.
- Paper Skyscraper, 330 East Blvd, +1 704 333-7130, . Cards, gifts, bath and body items, candles, stationery, books, and small home accessories.
- The Bag Lady, 1710 Kenilworth Ave Ste 200, +1 704 338-9778. M-Sa 10AM-7PM, Su 1PM-5PM.
- Cantina 1511, 1511 East Blvd, +1 704 331-9222, . Mexican food. $7-15.
- 300 East, 300 East Blvd, +1 704 332-6507, . M-Sa 11AM-5PM, dinner Su-Th 5PM-10PM, F Sa 5PM-11PM, brunch Su 10AM-3PM. $9-17.
- Jaimama, 1626 East Blvd, +1 704 358-9295.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1412 East Blvd, +1 704 333-0505.
- Patou French Bistro, 1315 East Blvd, +1 704 376-2233. Well-reputed as one of Charlotte's long-standing French restaurants.
- Restaurant I, 1524 East Blvd, +1 704 333-8118. Tu-Th 5:30PM-9:30PM, F Sa 5:30PM-10PM, Su 5:30PM-9PM. $15-30.
- Copper Modern Indian Cuisine, 311 East Blvd, +1 704 333-0063, .
- Japanese Fusion, 1524 East Blvd, +1 704 333-8118.
- Thai Taste, 324 East Blvd, +1 704 332-0001, . M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM, dinner M-Th 5PM-9:30PM, F Sa 5PM-10:30PM, Su 5PM-9:30PM. $10-17.
- Zen Asian Fusion, 1716 Kenilworth Ave, +1 704 358-9688, . M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM, dinner Su-Th 5PM-10PM, F Sa 5PM-11PM. $11-18.
Mediterranean- and Italian-American
- Brixx Pizza, 1801 Scott Ave, +1 704 376-1000.
- Catalunya Cafe, 1408 East Blvd, +1 704 335-3700, . $6-14.
- Dolce, 1710 Kenilworth Ave, +1 704 332-7525, .
- Frankie's Italian Grille, 800 E Morehead St, +1 704 358-8004. M-Th 11AM-3PM, 4PM-10PM, F 11AM-11PM, Sa 4PM-11PM, Su 11:30AM-9PM. One of Charlotte's best-reputed Italian restaurants. Very good service, though the prices are a bit high. Located in the ritzy north-central part of Dilworth.
- Kabob Grill, 1235 East Blvd., +1 704-371-8984, .
- Showmars, 1600 East Blvd, +1 704 375-3034, . Cheap Greek fare at this local chain can be found all over the city. This location is convenient to shopping and entertainment. $5-8.
- Sole Spanish Grill, 1608 East Blvd, +1 704 343-9890, . M-F 11:30AM-2PM, dinner Su-Th 5PM-10PM, F Sa 5PM-11PM. $12-19.
- Vittorio's Italian Cuisine, 311 East Blvd, +1 704 344-8799.
- Berrybrook Farm, 1257 East Blvd, +1 704 334-6528, . M-Th 9AM-7PM, F Sa 9AM-6PM. A natural food store with a wide selection of items.
- Bonterra Dining & Wine Room, 1829 Cleveland Ave, +1 704 333-9463, .
- City Tavern, 1514 East Blvd, +1 704 343-2489, .
- Dilworth Coffee House, 1235 East Blvd Ste B, +1 704 358-8003, . Charlotte's oldest independent coffeehouse, now with locations throughout the city and region. The original, founded in 1989.
- East Boulevard Bar and Grill, 1601 East Blvd, +1 704 332-2414.
- The Morehead Inn, 1122 E Morehead St, +1 704 376-3357, .
- Ascension Lutheran Church, 1225 E Morehead St, ☎ +1 704-372-7317, . In the picturesque Dilworth neighborhood, very close to the I-277 loop.
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, 1048 E Morehead St, ☎ +1 704 334-1973, . In a large, Federal-style historic building in the Dilworth neighborhood.
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 600 E Blvd, ☎ +1 704 334-4771, . Ornate cathedral located in the middle of Dilworth. Worth visiting even if you don't plan to worship.