Chardon  is a city and the county seat in Geauga County. Chardon, is located in Ohio's "snowbelt" and receives an average of 106 inches of snow each winter. In 1996, the National Guard was sent in after the city got about four feet of snow in less than a week.
State Route 44 runs north and south through Chardon.
- Geauga County Maple Festival, Chardon Square, (email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . Annually held the weekend after Easter. This event has rides, a parade, a Queen's Pageant, a lumberjack competition, an arts and crafts show, along with several unusual events, such as the beard and mustache contest, bathtub races, and the ceremonial tapping of a maple tree.
- Geauga Theater, 101 Water Street, tel: +1 440-286-2255, . Tickets $10-20. Check website for shows.
Jekyll & Hyde
October 5-7, 12-14, 19-21, 26-28
Convinced the cure for his father's mental illness lies in the separation of Man's evil nature from his good, Dr. Henry Jekyll unwittingly unleashes his own dark side, wreaking havoc in the streets of late 19th century London as the savage, maniacal Edward Hyde.
- Bass Lake Inn Taverne & Inn, 426 South Street, tel: +1 440-285-3100, .
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 7581 Auburn Road, tel: +1 440-579-0300, .
- Chardon Motel, 526 Water St, tel: +1 440-285-3140.
- Claridon Inn, 12797 Mayfield Rd, tel: +1 440-286-1005.
- Petrillo Doris, 12511 Fowlers Mill Rd, tel: +1 440-286-2126.