- For other places with the same name, see Cedar Point (disambiguation).
The Magnum XL200 at Cedar Point
Cedar Point Amusement Park  is a 364-acre amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio on one of the North Coast Beaches overlooking Lake Erie. It is often billed as the "World's Largest Amusement Park", and draws visitors from throughout Ohio and surrounding states. It was voted the best amusement park in the world in 2008 by Amusement Today for the eleventh year in a row
Cedar Point is one of the oldest continuously operating amusement parks, having begun in the year 1870 as a beach resort on the shore of Lake Erie. Today it covers 364 acres and is home to some of the tallest, fastest rides in the world including Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force which are considered by many to be the best feeling in the world (make sure you keep your hands up throughout the entire ride). All up it contains more than 75 rides. Without doubt Cedar Point is the best amusement park in the world. It is a MUST for any serious thrillseeker out there with the second largest number of roller coasters ever found in a single amusement park (16 altogether with the opening of Maverick in 2007 and second to Six Flags Magic Mountain with 17). Although its primary attraction is the assortment of coasters, the park has rides and other attractions, including kiddie rides, water rides, a traditional arcade, award-winning musical shows, and a PEANUTS-themed ice skating show, etc. The park also offers access to the lovely beach on Lake Erie -- something which has been attracting visitors since its inception.
Two separate attractions are part of Cedar Point but not included in the general admission. Soak City is an outdoor water park; Castaway Bay is an elaborate indoor waterpark. Challenge Park features four attractions: 'Ripcord,' 'Skyscraper,' 'Challenge Racing' go kart tracks, and 'Challenge Golf', a fantasy miniature golf course.
One can easily spend a full day at the main Cedar Point by itself. If you plan to take in all the attractions, you should buy the 2-day "ride and slide" pass and to spread your enjoyment of Soak City and Cedar Point over two days.
Address and Phone
The park is located on a peninsula into Lake Erie at:
- 1 Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, Ohio 44870-5259,
- Phone : (419) 627 - 2350
Sandusky is between Cleveland and Toledo.
- On the Ohio Turnpike (I-80):
- Take Exit 118(7) and follow the signs north on US 250
- Take Exit 110(6A) and follow Route 4 north.
Once you get to Sandusky, just follow the signs to the Cedar Point Causeway; the causeway is a toll road. Cedar Point can also be accessed via the Chausse, a single lane road along the entire peninsula which connects to Cleveland Road a few miles east of Sandusky.
By Private Boat
Cedar Point has two large Marinas on Lake Erie. The Cedar Point Marina allows daily slip rentals for $25 per day; it and the Castaway Bay marina also have seasonal docking arrangements.
Not the usual way to go to Cedar Point, but Amtrak serves the city of Sandusky with daily service from points east and west.
Admission and Discounts
Cedar Point's 2014 Admission prices are as follows: 
- Cedar Point Funday Ages 3-61, 48" and taller. $49.99
- Cedar Point Junior or Senior Funday For guests under 48" tall OR aged 62 and older. $34.99
- Ride & Slide 2-Day Ages 3-61, 48" and taller. Ride & Slide Ticket will admit one guest to both Cedar Point and Soak City for any two regular season days. $87.99
- Ride & Slide 2-Day Senior or Junior Aged 62 and Older OR under 48" tall. Ride & Slide Senior Ticket will admit one guest to both Cedar Point and Soak City for any two regular season days. $52.99
- Children Age 2 and under are admitted FREE to Cedar Point and Soak City.
- 'Cedar Point Starlight Valid after 5 p.m. when Cedar Point closes at 10 p.m. or later; valid after 4 p.m. when Cedar Point closes earlier than 10 p.m. $26.99 Before June 15, 2014 AND $36.99 JUNE 16 - SEPT. 7, 2014.
- Military FREE TICKETS TO MILITARY MEMBERS: ACTIVE / RETIRED / DISCHARGED ON THESE DATES ONLY: May 23-26, June 15, July 4-6, 2014. Discounted Tickets to immediate family members for $39.99 when Military person is present w/ID. Otherwise regular $39.99 military discount applies all other days. Discount applies to active, retired or honorably discharged military personnel and immediate family members. Discount must be purchased in person at gate (Not Online). Types of Military ID's include: Active Duty ID, Retired Personnel ID, VA Medical System Picture ID OR copy of DD-214 discharge papers (please do not bring the original) along with a photo ID (driver’s license, etc) for confirmation. $39.99
- Daily Parking Per vehicle.
- 'CARS - HANDICAPPED PARKING W/PERMIT........$15.00
- 'CARS - STAYING AT CP RESORTS...............FREE (2)
- 'CARS - VALET PARKING.......................$25.00
- 'RV / BUSES.................................$20.00 (1)
- 'PLATINUM SEASON PASS HOLDERS...............FREE
- '(1) BUS DRIVER w/ 15 passengers with C.P. Tickets showing Valid CDL License gets FREE Parking AND FREE Admission, NOT valid on Vans.
- '(2) Cedar Point Resort Overnight Stay Required, Purchase Room Online.
- Season Pass Valid for unlimited admission during the 2014 season to Cedar Point only $126.00 or $108.00 for those under 48" tall or over age 62. For true amusement park fanatics, a "Platinum Pass" is available for $192.00, valid for unlimited admission to all Cedar Fair amusement parks and water parks for the entire season and includes FREE PARKING.
- ===Free Admission===
- '■ Cedar Point Offers FREE ADDMISSION thru-out the year, Check out the deals here -->
In addition to the discounts for seniors, combined days, children and military mentioned above, other discounts are available to Cedar Point. 
- ■ BLOOD CENTERS...................................Donate Blood & receive 1 FREE Adult Cedar Point Ticket as well as other Freebies (IN, MI, OH) - Save $59.99 
- ■ MILITARY DISCOUNT.............................$38.99 Per Person (Free Admission on May 23-26, June 15, July 4-6, 2014 for Military and Special Discounts for family members.) Valid ID required. Discount applies to active, retired or honorably discharged military personnel and immediate family members. Discount must be purchased in person. Types of Military ID's include: Active Duty ID, Retired Personnel ID, VA Medical System Picture ID OR copy of DD-214 discharge papers (please do not bring the original) along with a photo ID (driver’s license, etc)...a savings of $21.00 Off Each Ticket. (Limit Six per military member)
- '■ AAA.................................Discounts thru Travel Department, No Discount at CP Box Office.
- '■ GOOGLE.COM..........................Type in "Cedar Point Amusement Discount Tickets" for great discounts.
- '■ COLLEGE DISCOUNTS...................Participating colleges offer discounts to their students and family members.
- '■ AUCTIONS............................Find Cheap Cedar Point Tickets online thru google
- '■ DISCOUNT DRUG MART..................$10.00 Off Tickets at Store
- '■ MEIJERS.............................$10.00 Off Tickets at Store + Cedar Point Gift Cards
- '■ WEGMANS.............................$10.00 Off Tickets at Store
- '■ GIANT EAGLE.........................$10.00 Off Tickets at Store
- '■ KROGERS.............................$10.00 Off Tickets at Store
- '■ SUBWAY..............................Participating Locations
- '■ BURGER KING.........................Participating NE Ohio Locations
- '■ CITY RECREATION CENTERS.............Participating Locations
- '■ CREDIT UNIONS.......................Participating Locations
- '■ TRAVEL AGENCYS......................Participating Locations
- '■ CEDAR POINT RESORT DISCOUNTS........Stay at any CP Resort, Get tickets for $39.00
- '■ CRAIGSLIST..........................Type Cedar Point in search box
- 'BUS CHARTER ROUND-TRIP TRANSPORTATION SERVICE W/ CEDAR POINT TICKETS - SAVE ON TICKETS, GAS & PARKING
- '■ Greyhound..............Serving over 2,500 Cities all over the USA to Cedar Point - Sandusky, OH
- '■ Trinity................Serving MI Cities: Troy, Madison Heights, Lincoln Park, South Gate - June - October 2014
- '■ Blue Lakes.............Serving MI Cities: Bay City, Birch Run, Brighton, Fenton, Flint, Saginaw
- '■ Preferred Charters.....Serving MI Cities: Chesterfield, Port Huron: June 12, June 21, July 26, Aug 7, Aug 30
- '■ Trailways..............Serving MI Cities: Lansing, Grand Rapids, Flint, Saginaw, Detroit to Cedar Point & MI Adventures
- '■ Dean Trailways.........Serving MI Cities: St. Johns, Lansing, Okemos, Mason, Jackson for $79 p.p. June-Aug.
- '■ Lenzner Coach Lines....Serving PA Cities: Sewickley, Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Irwin For $112 p.p.
- '■ Route 23 Tours.........Transportation to: Cedar Point, Michigan Adventures, Detroit Zoo, Kalahari
- '■ Metro Motorcoach.......For Reservations & Ability Call 1-888-375-9666 - Minimum 15 Tickets at $37.00 Each
For Links to these Bus Transportation please go to website: 
Cedar Point from Sandusky
Because its size is constrained by surrounding Lake Erie and its own parking lots, Cedar Point is pretty tightly packed, so you can get around pretty easily on foot throughout the park. In addition, two of the more tranquil rides offer a means to get around the park itself.
- The CP&LE Railroad includes four coal-fired steam trains that delivers guests between two stations towards the back of the park. Enjoy the "wild west" show during your ride.
- The Skyride brings passengers over the main midway, from the entrance towards the center of the park or back.
Roller coasters, rides, water park, Challenge Park, Lake Erie. New for 2012 is Dinosaurs Alive! and Luminosity.
- Soak City. A water park that costs extra money by Cedar Point. Like Cedar Point, this is owned by Cedar Fair.
- Blue Streak - the roller coaster when it was built in 1964; A Classic "Out and Back" wooden coaster. It's currently the oldest coaster in Cedar Point.
- Cedar Creek Mine Ride - a "hybrid" mine train coaster: wood structure with tubular steel rails.
- Corkscrew - the world's first coaster to take riders upsidown 3 times; spans the midway.
- Gatekeeper - The world's tallest and fastest winged coaster opening in 2013
- Gemini - two trains run side-by-side for most of the course, one inevitably beating the other. This Coaster also has a wood structure, but Steel-Tubular Track.
- Iron Dragon - a suspended coaster.
- Jr. Gemini - a "kiddie" coaster.
- Magnum XL-200 - First coaster to top 200 feet (Hyper Coaster), and still ranked highly by coaster enthusiasts. It offers a ride similar (if tamer) to the more famous Millennium Force, but with a fraction of the line.
- Mantis - built in 1996, it premiered as the world's tallest, fastest, and steepest stand-up coaster, reaching a height of 145 feet, dropping 137 feet at a 52-degree angle, and going upside-down four times in four different ways while reaching speeds over 60mph along 3,900 feet of red and yellow twisted tubular steel track
- Maverick - Cedar Point's newest coaster, containing a 95-degree first drop. Voted best new ride of 2007 by Amusement Today.
- Mean Streak - a big "woodie."
- Millennium Force - First "giga" coaster (tops 300 feet). Smooth, fast, and plenty of air.
- Raptor - suspended B&M; 6 inversions.
- Top Thrill Dragster - First coaster to top 400 feet. An amazing 17 seconds of speed and height.
- Wicked Twister - the world's only double-twisting impulse coaster and the world's tallest and fastest inverted coaster. This coaster on the beach uses LIMs to launch out of the station five times (forward three times and backward twice), reaching a top speed of 72mph and traveling up two 215-foot-tall twisting towers, each spiraling 145 degrees.
- Woodstock Express - a "kiddie" coaster that the whole family can ride.
- Power Tower
We also have a:
- Giant Wheel
- Turnpike Cars
- Antique Cars
- Cadillac Cars
- Sky Ride
- CP & LE Railroad
- Ocean Motion
- Wave Swinger
- Snake River Falls
- Shoot the Rapids
- Thunder Canyon
- Woodstock’s Whirlybirds
- Snoopy’s Express Railroad
- PEANUTS Road Rally
- Kite Eating Tree
- Flying Ace Balloon
- Snoopy’s Space Race
- Snoopy’s Deep Sea Divers
- Balloon Race
- Camp Bus
- Lolli Swing
- Peanuts 500
- Red Baron
- Tilt A Whirl
Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs
Rock Spin & Turn
Challenge Park (Pay/Ride Area; Seperatly Gated)
- Midway Carousel - Built in 1912, the Midway Carousel is one of the few Daniel Muller carousels in existence today. Its long history also makes it the oldest operating ride at Cedar Point. The Midway Carousel was originally carved for John J. Hurley of Revere Beach, Mass. Later, the machine was bought by the Holzapfel family of Sandusky, who operated the carousel at Cedar Point from 1946 until the park bought it in 1963.
- Kiddy Kingdom Carousel -Located in the center of Cedar Point’s Kiddy Kingdom, this 1925 carousel is a fine example of the craftsmanship of the William H. Dentzel firm of Philadelphia. With 52 animals (16 standing and 36 jumping) and two chariots, the Kiddy Kingdom Carousel is one of Dentzel’s personal favorites.
- Cedar Downs - Sixty-four horses race around the track on the Cedar Downs Racing Derby, one of only two racing derby rides in the U.S. The carousel was built in 1920 by Prior and Church and was brought to Cedar Point in 1967. The machine was built for the Humphrey Company of Euclid Beach near Cleveland. Also known as the Great American Racing Derby, the ride ran at Euclid Beach for 47 years. Although a few changes have been made, the ride is still housed in its original structure. The ride features an immense turntable with a 90-foot diameter that revolves as the ride begins. The four-abreast horses move back and forth producing a racing effect. The momentum of the ride increases until it reaches a speed of approximately 15 mph.
The park has many food concessions operated by the park, including stands selling walking-around snacks and restaurants where you can sit and rest a short while. All are very fast-food oriented, with limited menus, and prices geared for a semi-captive market of visitors unwilling to endure the time-consuming hassle of driving back to the city just to get a meal. However, there are also several restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the park and fairly convenient to get to with a free park re-entry stamp... but these are also on the pricey side, for the same reason.
Beer and wine coolers are sold at various restaurants in the park, with a policy of one drink per valid U.S. driver's license or state photo ID (to prevent friends buying for their under-21 friends). The out-of-park restaurants generally have full bars and typical alcohol-sales requirements.
The city of Sandusky itself has numerous hotels and motels catering to Cedar Point visitors.
- Hotel Breakers, One Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, . Historic, family-friendly turn-of-the-century hotel located adjacent to the park. The location is ideal for visiting Cedar Point, but the rooms are somewhat lacking in cleanliness and in need of renovation, and aren't the greatest value for the money. Features a Perkins and a T.G.I. Fridays within the hotel and an old fashioned creamery.
- Breakers Express, 1201 Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, . A modern, less-expensive alternative to Breakers.
- Lighthouse Point, One Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, . Located at the north end, there are cabins or waterfront cottages.
- Castaway Bay, 2001 Cleveland Road, (419) 627-2106, . A resort hotel featuring an indoor water park and T.G.I. Fridays.
- SandCastle Suites, One cedar point drive, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 11AM. This hotel is for people who have a little extra cash to spend. The property offers all suites and includes three main suites. It has an indoor pool and out door pool as well as a spa. 252.00.
Cedar Point hires over 4000 seasonal employees from all across the US and beyond every year; about 2500 live at Cedar Point itself in employee housing. Actors and musicians in particular can find gainful work in their field (entertainment-related jobs are offered via auditions). While the wages aren't great, the park offers its workers a choice of subsidized dormitory accommodation and meals, and many opportunities for extra hours, so it is possible to save quite a bit of money over the course of the summer. With so many young people working there, as well as perks like free access to the park and other special events, Cedar Point can be a fun way to work over the summer.
- Milan Birthplace of Thomas A. Edison, inventor.
- The city of Sandusky has some attractions of its own, including two other water slide parks. During the summertime there is an active night life scene.
- About 40 miles due south of Cedar Point, the Seneca Caverns, located near the small town of Tiffin beckon those interested in caves. Tiffin itself has small town charm as well as a historic theatre.
|This is a usable article. It has information about the park, for getting in, about a few attractions, and about accommodations in the park. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!