[[Wikipedia:Cave Creek, Arizona]]
[[Wikipedia:Cave Creek, Arizona]]
|−|[http://youtube.com/cavecreekarizona Cave Creek's YouTube Channel] | |
Revision as of 05:24, 21 October 2010
Cave Creek is a small tourist town north of Phoenix. It caters to equestrian, biker, and high-end resort lifestyles. Cave Creek is included as a part of Greater Phoenix.
- Extreme Arizona ATV Rental, 6061 East Cave Creek Road, .
- The entire town is connected through a network of horse trails.
- Cave Creek Museum, 6140 E Skyline Dr, .
- Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area, 44000 N. Spur Cross Road, . Between the town of Cave Creek and Tonto National Forrest, the Spur Cross conservation offers a wide expanse of trails through a fertile section of the Sonoran Desert. See Hohokam ruins and petroglyphs. Guided tours available.
- Stagecoach Village Art & Wine Festival, 7100 E. Cave Creek Rd (Loop 101 E. to N. Scottsdale Rd, N. Scottsdale Rd to Cave Creek Rd, West on Cave Creek to Stagecoach Village), ☎ 623-734-6526, . 10AM-5PM. The 2nd Annual Stagecoach Village Fine Art & Wine Festival kicks off Arizona’s Festival season. Outdoor entertainment, surrounded by cactus-studded mountain views and western style architecture. Discover works of art in original oils, acrylics, watercolors, stone and bronze sculptures, mixed media, handmade furniture, and exquisite jewelry. And as the sunset turns the sky to rich shades of pink, red and gold. Free.
- Spur Cross Stables, 44029 N. Spur Cross Rd, . Guided horse rides through Spur Cross.
- Rancho Mañana Golf, 5734 E. Rancho Mañana Blvd, . A former dude ranch turned golf course.
- Flat Tire Bike Shop, 6149 E. Cave Creek Road, ☎ 480-488-5261, . Weekly Sunday morning bike ride.
- Cave Creek Trail Rides, . Guided horse rides through Cave Creek Park.
Festivals and Fairs
- Wild West Days, . Takes place annually at the end of October or early November. Parades, rodeos, car shows, arts and crafts, food, music, and various other events.
- Fiesta Days, . Weekend rodeo event with parade, music, food, dance, vendors, and a golf tournament. Takes place annually in early April.
- Magic Bird Festivals, . arts and crafts.
- Thunderbird Arts and Wine Festivals, . Fine arts and wine tasting.
- Hidden in the Hills Artists' Studio Tour. Annual free self-guided tour among around 45 home studios with 150 participating artists. Takes place over the last two weekends of November.
- Christmas Pageant and Luminaria Run, Spur Cross/Stagecoach Village, . The pageant has been taking place annually in December for over fifty years. The luminaria run was added in 2003.
- AZ Bike Week, . Typically takes place at the end of March/start of April.
A Few Shops In Frontier Town
- Frontier Town, 6245 E Cave Creek Rd, . A faux old-west town with tourist shops and restaurants.
- StageCoach Village, Corner of Galloway and Cave Creek Rd, . A newer western themed shopping plaza set up as a village.
- Cave Creek has many fine art galleries along its main street. The second Friday of every month is Art Night -- the studios stay open until 9:00 PM.
- Cartwright's Sonoran Ranch House, 6710 E. Cave Creek Rd, . Fine dinning in a Southwest setting.
- Le Sans Souci, 7030 E. Bella Vista Drive, . Fine French dinning. Come for dinner or the four course Sunday brunch.
- Tonto Bar and Grill, 5736 E. Rancho Mañana Blvd, . Next to the Rancho Mañana golf course. Casual gourmet version of Cartwrights.
- Binkley's, 6920 E Cave Creek Rd, . classically influenced gourmet American cuisine
- Silver Spur Saloon, 6245 E Cave Creek Rd, . Formerly known as The Satisfied Frog or Crazy Ed's, the Sliver Spur is in Frontier Town. The main restaurant offers a family environment. The bar is separate and has live music.
- El Encanto, 6248 E. Cave Creek Rd, . Fine Mexican dinning in a romantic setting. Large duck pond and live classic guitar on the weekends.
- The Horny Toad, 6738 E. Cave Creek Road, . Fried food and tourist kitsch
- Big Earl's Greasy Eats, 6135 E Cave Creek Rd, . '50s style burger joint. On Friday nights, classic car enthusiasts can be found in the parking lot.
- Barro's Pizza, 6450 E Cave Creek Rd, . A popular pizza shop in Cave Creek. Customers can either eat in at the store or take out. Delivery is extra.
- Dairy Queen Brazier, 6548 E Cave Creek Rd, . Dairy Queen is a popular fast-food restaurant that specializes in soft-serve ice cream but also offers sandwiches and beverages.
Bikes parked in front of The Hideaway
- The Hideaway, 6746 E. Cave Creek Rd., . World famous biker bar. Look out for local Sonny Barger.
- Cave Creek Coffee Company (C4), 6033 E. Cave Creek Rd, . Local hotspot. The coffee bar is open during the day. The wine bar opens in the evening. Great for lunch and dinner. Live music six nights a week.
- Harold's Cave Creek Corral (Gavigan's), 6895 E. Cave Creek Rd, . Local cowboy bar/restaurant with a strong Steelers following. Live music and line dancing. Play poker with the locals and get a few tips on your stocks while you're at the table.
- Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse (The Chip), 6811 East Cave Creek Road, . Green Bay Packers/Cowboy bar. Live bull ridding on Thursday nights. Free dance lessons. Rival bar of Harold's Corral.
- Cave Creek Park, 37019 N Lava Ln, . Space for RVs and camping along with clean hot showers, trails, and a rodeo arena. Electric hook-ups available.
- Tumbleweed Motel, 6333 E. Cave Creek Rd, .
- Spur Cross Bed and Breakfast, 38555 N. School House Road, .
- Full Circle Ranch Bed and Breakfast, 40205 North 26th Street, .
- Sleepy Hollow, 5522 E Tapekim Rd, .
- Bartlet Lake, 20808 E Bartlett Rd. Carefee, AZ (20 miles east of Cave Creek), .
- Lake Pleasant, 41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd, Morristown, AZ (20 miles west of Cave Creek), .
- The town of Carefree shares a main street with Cave Creek.
- Cave Creek is often associated with North Scottsdale_(Arizona)
- Tonto National Forest, (Just north of Cave Creek), .
Trail markers at Spur Cross Park.
Horse riding in Cave Creek
Hotrod parked at Big Earl's
Javelina X-ing on School House Road