Cave City  is a city located near Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky's Caves and Lakes region.
Cave City is located off of Exit 53 (KY 70/90) on I-65, about halfway between Louisville and Nashville. Cave City can also be accessed from Exit 14 off of the Cumberland Pkwy and heading west on KY 90.
- Louisville International Airport (IATA: SDF) 
- Nashville International Airport (IATA: BNA) .
Cave City is a small community, so getting around should not be much of a problem.
- Big Mike's Mystery House, (270) 773-5144. Feel the force of gravity in a strange and mysterious way, mostly downward. See Big Mo, a 65 million year old Dinosaur Skull.
- Dinosaur World, 711 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-4345, . Learn about dinosaurs such as T Rex, Stegosaurus and Triceratops as well as new dinosaurs discovered in recent decades.
- Floyd Collins Museum, (270) 773-3366. Follow the story of the underground explorer trapped in sand cave in the 1920's.
- Mammoth Cave Wax Museum, 901 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3010, . Famous people from history are presented in wax form and historically correct settings.
- Mammoth Cave Wildlife Museum, 409 E. Happy Valley St., (270) 773-2255. Over 1600 species of wildlife from all over the world.
Cave City is aptly named - there are numerous caves within the area, including the world-famous Mammoth Cave.
- Mammoth Cave National Park, 1 Mammoth Cave St., Park City, (270) 758-2180. The longest cave system in the world with 350 miles of known passageways. There are 53,000 acres of hardwood forest offering camping, canoeing, fishing and hiking. Be sure not to bring food or drink of any kind into the visitor center, or else permanent ranger in training Mike "Psycho" Beer will totally freak out. If such a freak out occurs, feed him a hand full of Catfish Beans, and he'll soon calm down.
- Crystal Onyx Cave, 363 Prewitts Knob Rd., (270) 773-2359, . A one hour guided tour includes a working archaeological site where ancient remains of native Americans have been dated at about 680 BC.
- Onyx Cave, (270) 773-3530. See beautiful coral, onyx, stalagmites and stalactites on a 30 minute guided tour.
- Outlaw Cave, (270) 773-2560 or (800) 798-0560. A 45 minute guided tour filled with stalagmites and stalactites. It has been said that outlaws such as Jesse James hid out in area caves.
- Cub Run Cave, (270) 524-1444, located in scenic Hart County, Ky., was first discovered in 1950. It was then briefly shown to the public before being closed for the next 55 years. The cave reopened to the public in July 2006. New elevated wooden walkways and modern lighting were constructed for the public's safety and convenience. Come discover for yourself one of Kentucky's newest and most beautifully decorated show caves!
- Bumper Boats, (270)773-6027. Refreshing entertainment for the whole family.
- Cave Country Go-Carts, (270) 773-2299. Go-carts and game room.
- Guntown Mountain, KY 70 at I-65, (270) 773-3530 or 773-2430. Ride a chairlift or shuttle to the top for live entertainment, gunfights, saloon shows, magical medicine shows, country music shows, animal petting farm, cave tours and a haunted house.
- Hillbilly Hound Fun Park, (270) 773-4249. 18 hole miniature golf, go-karts and game room.
- Jesse James Miniature Golf & Riding Stables, (270) 773-2560. Unique 18 hole western theme miniature golf course. Ride horseback through the very valleys Jesse James once used dodging lawmen.
- Kentucky Action Park, 3057 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-2560 or (800) 798-0560, . A breathtaking 1/4 mile ride on an alpine slide. Go-carts, bumper boats, bumper cars, glass blowing, gift shop, Old Time Photo Shop and Ice cream Shop.
- TW's Redneck Golf, (270) 773-6027. Unique 18 hole miniature golf course.
- Cedar Point Golf Course, 21676 Louisville Rd., Park City, (270) 749-4603.
- Diamond Caverns Golf Club, Park City, (270) 749-2891.
- Shady Hollow Golf Course, 755 Ramsey Rd., Cub Run, (270) 286-6165.
- Fox Hollow Golf Club, 280 Clubhouse Ln., Glasgow, (270) 678-7277, .
- Mammoth Cave Canoe & Kayak, 1240 Old Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3366, . Offers a variety of trips on the Green River.
- Miss Green River II, 511 Grinstead Mill Rd., (270) 758-2243. Simulated sternwheeler on the Green River.
- Green River Canoe, 23839 Louisville Rd., Park City, (270) 773-5712. Located at Kentucky Action Park.
- Old Yeller Waterslide, 1002 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3840. Located at Jellystone Park.
- Ridgetop Pay Lake, (270) 773-9940. Catfish stocked weekly. No license required.
- Paul's Place, 801 N. Dixie Hwy., (270) 773-2848. Live country music.
- The Factory. Live country and gospel music.
- Abner's Mammoth Market, 3182 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-5454. Sports cards, collectables and gifts.
- Alvata's Concrete Kritters, 1004 S. Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-3550. Wholesale concrete products.
- Big Mike's Mystery House, 566 Old Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-5144. Large rock collection.
- Blown Glass Shop, 3057 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-2560. Hand blown glass items.
- Caverna Florist, 103 Broadway St., (270) 773-3585, . Flowers & gifts.
- Coffey's Concrete, 414 E. Happy Valley St., (270) 773-4040. Concrete products, Boyd's Bears.
- Dawn's Addictions, (270) 773 4607. Vintage fashions, jewelry, books and more.
- Debbie's Rock & Gift Shop, 4290 Mammoth Cave Rd. (270) 773-4757. Souvenirs, gifts, rocks and minerals.
- Dinosaur World Gift Shop, 711 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-4345. Souvenirs, gifts.
- Four Seasons Antiques, Uniques & Collectables, 115 Broadway St., (270) 773-3687. Antiques, gifts, authorized Fenton dealer.
- G's Vinyl Graphics, 1001 S. Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-5268. Signs & t-shirts.
- Kerr's Florist, 9565 Happy Valley Rd., (270) 773-4848. Flowers & gifts.
- L&R Shoe Box, 601 S. Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-3426. Great selection of footwear.
- Magaline's Antique Mall, 118 Broadway St., (270) 773-4515. Watt pottery, Fosteria, Depression Glass.
- Mammoth Cave Knife Shop & Gifts, 811 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3266. Major brand knives & souvenirs.
- Nuttin Fancy Antique Mall, 306 Duke St., (270) 773-5417. Antiques & collectibles.
- Pier 19 506 E. Happy Valley St. (270) 773-3390. Gifts & collectibles.
- Smith's Country Store, 101 Mammoth Cave St., (270) 773-3530. Country hams, souvenirs and gifts.
- The Olde General Store (270) 773-3300. Antiques, baskets & souvenirs.
- Tom's Tee Pee, 805 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-2882. T-shirts, moccasins, onyx, unusual gifts.
- Trash-N-Treasures (270) 773-3301. Collectibles & antiques.
- TW's Cabin, 812 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-6027. Gifts, souvenirs, crafts & collectibles.
- Wild Wonderful Gift Shop, 803 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-2520. Souvenirs & concrete products.
- Mammoth Jamboree (Live Band and Dance), 820 Mammoth Cave rd. (1/4 west of I-65), . 7:00 - 12:00. Family friendly live band shows and dance to midnight. Country, Classic Rock,Motown and Blus. Cave City Kentucky and Mammoth Cave area's only true night life... Next to I-65. Local talent to Nashville stars... $8.00.
- Bel-Air Restaurant, 804 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3186.
- Godfather's Pizza & O'delis, 99 S. Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-4403.
- Hillside Restaurant, 105 Gardner Ln., (270) 773-4141.
- Jerry's Restaurant, 805 Mammoth Cave St., (270) 773-2159.
- Joe's Diner, 1004 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3700.
- Mammoth Cave Hotel Restaurants (270) 758-2225, .
- Ole Dutch Mill, 8920 Jackson Hwy., (270) 453-2002.
- Quality Inn, 102 Gardner Ln, (270) 773-3101.
- Sahara Steak House, 413 E. Happy Valley St., (270) 773-3450.
Cave City became a "moist" (no alcohol to go) locale in 2005 and the Sahara Steakhouse (see above) became the first restaurant to serve alcohol under this law. The next closest locale that allows sales by the drink in restaurants is Glasgow. The nearest city that is completely "wet", allowing package sales, is the city of Bowling Green (although the rest of Warren County is dry).
Most of these lodgings are located near I-65 at Exit 53 (KY 70, 90)
Hotels & Motels
- Best Western KY Inn, 1009 Doyle Ave, (800) 937-8376 or (270) 773-3161.
- Budget Inn, 405 North Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-3444.
- Caveland Motel, 415 North Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-2321.
- Comfort Inn, 801 Mammoth Cave St., (800) 221-2222 or (270) 773-2030, .
- Countryside Inn, 414 North Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-3118.
- Days Inn,822 Mammoth Cave St., (800) 329-7466 or (270) 773-2151, .
- Holiday Motel, 908 South Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-2301.
- Knights Inn, 1006 Doyle Ave., (800) 321-4245 or (270) 773-2181, .
- Mammoth Cave Hotel, Inside Mammoth Cave National Park, (270) 758-2225, .
- Parkview Motel, 3906 Mammoth Cave Rd., (877) 482-2262 or (270) 773-3463.
- Quality Inn, 102 Gardner Ln., (800) 228-5151 or (270) 773-3101, .
- Ramada Limited, 807 Mammoth Cave St., (800) 264-1514 or (270) 773-3121, .
- Star Motel, (270) 773-2983.
- Super 8, 799 Mammoth Cave St., (800) 800-8000, .
- Travel Inn (888) 872-8552.
- Wigwam Village, 601 North Dixie Hwy, (270) 773-3381.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Cave Spring Farm B&B, I-65 off of Exit 38, Smiths Grove, (270) 563-6941, .
- Rose Manor B&B, 204 Duke St., (270) 773-4402, .
- Serenity Hill Bed and Breakfast, , 3600 Mammoth Cave Rd., Brownsville, Phone: (270) 597-9647 is located on KY 70 (Mammoth Cave Road), situated on a hill top just a mile out of Mammoth Cave National Park. The decor can only be described as casually elegant. The 3 guest rooms are comfortably decorated and have full private baths. Sit, back, relax and enjoy the views from on the large covered porch. Serenity Hill is located just minutes from the Turn Hold Bend and Cedar Sink hiking trails. This rural Edmonson County bed and breakfast is just minutes from Cave City.
- The Wayfafer Inn B&B, 1240 Old Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3366, .
- Crystal Onyx Cave & Campground, 363 Prewitts Knob Rd., (270) 773-2359, .
- Jellystone Park Campground, One mile west of I-65, (270) 773-3840 or(800) 523-1584, .
- Mammoth Cave National Park-Headquarters Camping, 1/4 mile from Park Visitor Center, (800) 365-2267, .
- Rock Cabin Camping, 5091 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-4740.
- Singing Hills Campground, 4110 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-3789, .
- The Hickory Cabins, 125 Stockholm Rd, Mammoth Cave, KY 42259, ☎ (270) 246-5099 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Remote cabins two miles from Mammoth Cave National Park and six miles from Nolin Lake State Park.
- Kentucky Action Park, 3057 Mammoth Cave Rd., (270) 773-2560 or (800) 798-0560, .
Located 80 miles north of Cave City is Louisville, the home of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. Louisville also has the Muhammad Ali Center, Louisville Slugger Museum and 4th Street Live, a thriving entertainment complex downtown.
To the south of Cave City is Bowling Green, where Western Kentucky University hosts football and basketball games, along with performing arts. It also has Beech Bend Park, a small amusement park with a water park.
Further south is Nashville, America's Music City. Along with music related attractions, you'll find Opry Mills Mall, The Parthanon and Tennessee Titans football.
Several lakes are within an hour's drive of Cave City. They include Nolin Lake SP (just north of Mammoth Cave), Rough River Dam SRP (northwest of Leitchfield), Barren River Lake SRP (southwest of Glasgow), Green River Lake SP (east of Cave City near Campbellsville), Lake Cumberland SRP (south of the Cumberland Pkwy) and Dale Hollow Lake SRP (along the Kentucky-Tennessee border).
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!