Carthage  is in Missouri.
Carthage is a town of about 13,000 in southwest Missouri, It is known as "America's Maple Leaf City".
The nearest airport is the Joplin Regional Airport 10 miles from Carthage. With many round-trip flights daily to Kansas City Itnl. Airport. You can also travel to Tulsa,OK International 110 miles away or Kansas City International 150 miles away.
No public transportation exists in this town, nor is walking a feasible option, so renting a car is probably in one's best interest.
- Battle of Carthage State Historic Site, East Chestnut Road, ☎ +1 417 682-2279. Daily 8AM-6PM. The Battle of Carthage was one of the preliminary battles leading up to the much larger one at Wilson's Creek. Southern Missouri was fought over fiercely because of its rich lead and zinc deposits. Free admission.
- Precious Moments Chapel and Gift Shop, 4105 Chapel Road.
- 66 Drive-in Theatre, 17231 Old 66 Blvd., ☎ +1 417 359-5959 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . One of the few drive-in theaters left on Route 66. $6 adults, $3 children 5-12, free for children under 5.
- CMC Gift Shop, 1900 S. Grand Ave, ☎ +1 417 358-3740.
- 311 Cafe, 103 3rd Street, ☎ +1 417 359-0311, . localized Italian cuisine, great food, reasonably priced. Very bland and institutional.
- Gringo's, 1123 W Central, ☎ +1 417 358-4575. a local fast-food Mexican restaurant.
- Iggy's Diner, 2400 S Grand Ave (Hwy 571 at the traffic circle), ☎ +1 417 237-0212, . Great diner style food
- Ranch House Restaurant, 2937 S Grand Ave, ☎ +1 417 359-5200. a local steak house, great food, reasonably priced.
- RV Dealer Missouri (RV Dealer Missouri), Mid America RV dealer : 5439 S. Garrison Carthage MO 64836, ☎ 417 358 4640, . We do this by employing the right people at our RV dealership in Carthage, MO. Our staff enjoys helping our valued customers become our friends. We are located in the heart of the midwest in the great state of Missouri and we carry the finest RVs manufactured in America today including motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheels and toy haulers from Forest River and Keystone RV. Come in or call us and find that we are not high pressure or high priced. We strive to bring you the best value for your recreation dollar and do it in a fun, professional manner. Browse our motorhomes, travel trailers, toy haulers and fifth wheels and check our new and used RVs often, as we regularly have new vehicles arriving. We are your source for Montana fifth wheels from Keystone RV. Have questions about parts? Call Casey or Gary. Contact us in Missouri; we will gladly ship your part for your motorhome, motorcoach, bus, travel trailer, fifth wheel, toy hauler or used RV.
- Best Budget Inn, 13011 State Highway 96, ☎ +1 417 358-6911.
- Best Western Precious Moments Hotel, 2701 Hazel, ☎ +1 417 359-5900, . $70-130 (Doubles).
- Carthage Inn, 2244 Grand Avenue, ☎ +1 417 358-2499.
- Coachlight RV Park, 5305 S. Garrison, ☎ +1 417 358-3666, . $22/night.
- Guest House Motel, 417 E. Central, ☎ +1 417 358-4077.
- Precious Moments-Cubby Bears RV Park, 4321 Chapel Road, ☎ +1 417 358-1389.
- Super 8 Motel, 416 W. Fir Road, ☎ +1 417 359-9000, . $63 (Doubles).
- T's Corner RV Park, 2807 S. Grand, ☎ +1 417 358-3951.
- White Rose Bed & Breakfast; Restaurant & Winery, 13001 Journey Road, ☎ +1 417 359-9253 (email@example.com), . $96-125.